Clyde vs Stranraer

Currie has a foot on the line for the third (saved) penalty so it shouldn't have been retaken.

What if there was encroachment? Can’t see from the highlights granted. Do think the 1st is a penalty, I don’t imagine every referee will issue a red for similar this season. Clumsy from the centre half but worryingly for any Stranraer fan not even the most shambolic piece of defending offered up.

As others have said, I think the retake was for players entering the box too early. First and third penalties are definite in my eyes. The second is up for debate however, there’s a nudge with the arm towards Grant rather than concentrating on simply taking the ball. Still, I’d consider that one possibly a bit soft.

36 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan said:

The ref seems to be looking at the players at the edge of the box so looks to me someone ran into the box too early and that's why it was retaken

As Currie and Hamill run over after the penalty i'd say the refs pointing to Currie to indicate that he's at fault.

Lets be honest we would he going Raj if we got that amount o decisions against us. 2nd looked pretty soft however pens aside and ordering off we did own them from 1st whistle and was only a matter o time before we scored...

No concerns or worries next sat away to Peterhead. Should be looking for 3pts again

Lets be honest we would he going Raj if we got that amount o decisions against us. 2nd looked pretty soft however pens aside and ordering off we did own them from 1st whistle and was only a matter o time before we scored...

Agree with this and do have some sympathy for Stranraer. The sending off (it was a pen and booking imo), the second penalty award and the retake were all pretty harsh decisions. Their coaching staff were remarkably calm at the end although decisions aside they were absolutely thrashed.

That brings me onto Stranraer, what an utter rabble. For an experienced head Jamie hammell was laughably bad. We won’t have an easier match or 3 points all season.

Goodies 2 goals that weren’t pens were class and a good goal by DLS too. Danny was right in his comments, days like that don’t come around too often but was thoroughly enjoyable. Well done to all and onto Peterhead.

3 hours ago, scott666 said:

Currie has a foot on the line for the third (saved) penalty so it shouldn't have been retaken. Second one isn't a penalty and the first one is inconclusive from the highlights. Seriously doubt that Clyde needed that much help from the ref to win the game yesterday but thanks to his performance it was quite a spectacle.

Penalties or no penalties, this looked an absolute shambles.  

Maybe some kind of explanation due from the manager.   Either these guys weren't playing for the shirt,

or the set up was just wrong ? 

1st Penalty the red card was harsh

2nd Penalty never a penalty

Retake at the 3rd I also think was harsh but rules are rules and Hammil fucked it, on that note he was absolutely stinking all game.

Can understand Stranraers frustrations at the game, early decisions can change a game but to be fair, Clyde came out the traps well and the game was very one sided and it was only going to be a matter of time before a Clyde goal came from open play.

Just goes to show how opinions differ.

1st Pen looked a shove in the back when I first saw it. Looked a bit softer in the highlights. Don't understand why it was a red instead of a yellow. I definitely wouldn't be happy about this decision if I was a Stranraer fan.

2nd Pen was a stonewall IMO. Their player swung an elbow that caught Grant on the face, inside the penalty area. Dangerous play. Definite penalty. Again a yellow.

3rd Pen was another absolute stonewaller, and that was a certain red - until they changed the rules in the summer.

We also had a good shout for hand ball that wasn't given, before the 1st Pen, and a free-kick just outside the box was the correct decision when there was another claim for handball after the 2nd penalty.

Overall, 3 penalties was about right out of the 5 potential penalties that could have been given.

Other than that, I thought we played some excellent football , particulatly in the 1st half.

Stranraer were poor, ad that's being kind.

2 minutes ago, clyde4ever said:

Just goes to show how opinions differ.

1st Pen looked a shove in the back when I first saw it. Looked a bit softer in the highlights. Don't understand why it was a red instead of a yellow. I definitely wouldn't be happy about this decision if I was a Stranraer fan.

2nd Pen was a stonewall IMO. Their player swung an elbow that caught Grant on the face, inside the penalty area. Dangerous play. Definite penalty. Again a yellow.

3rd Pen was another absolute stonewaller, and that was a certain red - until they changed the rules in the summer.

That is exactly how I saw it, wasn't sure about the 2nd penalty at the time, no doubts after watching the highlights.

52 minutes ago, beefybake said:

Maybe some kind of explanation due from the manager.   Either these guys weren't playing for the shirt,

or the set up was just wrong ? 

Well the starting line up was strange to say the least, why start with Thomson, Smith and Smith in midfield when you've got Stirling, Murphy and Hilton available and on the bench? Then to make matters worse takes D Smith off at half time (when he could have stuck him in the defence) and had Elliot playing right back. Stranraer used Stewart as a target man and persisted with high balls to a player that can't win the ball in the air, if you're gonna do that why not stick Elliot up front or the other big lad.

As for the second penalty if you watch the highlights at the 3 minute mark and change the settings to the slowest speed Thomson doesn't throw an elbow and he doesn't catch the other player in the face either.

I thought the first and third penalties were pretty clear, the second one is debatable. 

The through ball from Johnston to smith for his goal was class, he’s class at those wee balls through like that. 

Tough game at Peterhead next week, but we know we can win up there after last season.