Clyde vs Stranraer

Today. Total Football won..

Forget pens. Keeper melt down and anything else..

We were total class from 1st whistle. Lot o players showed there class but guys like mcstay who drifts n out o games really done a job on n off the ball today...

Great day to watch a great football team...

Working next sat. Raging.

Roll on dumbarton[emoji106]

It’s fucking hilarious that fans still come on to our discussions every week and have a pop at Goodie. You can just feel the seethe. Helped by the fact that, despite his fall from grace, he’s still ragdolling defences and scoring goals. It fuckin kills them. 

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
1 hour ago, HughieMc said:
The effort to for a Raith Rovers supporter to pitch up on this thread with that comment was hardly worth it- have a very pleasant evening.

Aye, that's some amount of effort he's put into posting that comment on a Clyde thread, on a forum, that can be accessed by simply moving 1 thumb.

Especially when there’s another 9 to choose from 

Were there any Stranraer fans at the game today? I know they didn't have much to cheer about but I didn't hear a peep the entire game - including their goal! Was so surreal I ended up momentarily applauding out of embarrassment/confusion.

Edited by RutherGlen

12 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

Were there any Stranraer fans at the game today? I know they didn't have much to cheer about but I didn't hear a peep the entire game - including their goal! Was so surreal I ended up momentarily applauding out of embarrassment/confusion.

I heard them cheering when one of our players got flagged for offside 😂 all 4 of them...

Didn't forecast that scoreline today at all. Clyde started with a real energy and intensity, missing 3 or 4  chances before the opening penalty.

The attacks were relentless, wave after wave. Mcstay probably emboldened after last week, delivered a golden masterpiece alongside the ever impeccable Ray Grant. 

David Goodwillie was sublime today: possibly his best performance in a Clyde jersey? Unplayable and honestly could and should have had more. 

With Rankin and Syvertsen to return. Where will they fit into the first XI on current form? Furthermore it bodes very well for the long season to come.

Edited by TheBigGuy

15 minutes ago, TheBigGuy said:

Didn't forecast that scoreline today at all. Clyde started with a real energy and intensity, missing 3 or 4  chances before the opening penalty.

The attacks were relentless, wave after wave. Mcstay probably emboldened after last week, delivered a golden masterpiece alongside the ever impeccable Ray Grant. 

David Goodwillie was sublime today: possibly his best performance in a Clyde jersey? Unplayable and truthfully could and should have had more. 

With Rankin and Syvertsen to return. Where will they fit into the first XI on current form? Furthermore it bodes very well for the long season to come.

I think Goodwillie has been absolutely superb from the Falkirk game forward. At an absolutely different level, even to what he has produced before. He is the kind of character that his best performance will come against the best opposition. It takes two players to deal with him and that opens up numerical advantages for the rest of the side all over the place.

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Will be interesting to watch the highlights as by all accounts on the radio it was a crazy game. Can’t believe how shit Stranraer have been (win v Raith aside) as on paper they have a real decent team 

I have seen a few people say that, and I don't see it at all. The team today played as I thought they would, given the team sheet. 

4 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Will be interesting to watch the highlights as by all accounts on the radio it was a crazy game. Can’t believe how shit Stranraer have been (win v Raith aside) as on paper they have a real decent team 

On paper, Jamie Hamill's a good few hundred reams.

2 hours ago, RutherGlen said:

I hope Stuart Miller was in attendance today to witness Stranraer's absolute mauling. What was that he said about Danny needing to replace most of the squad in order to compete in League 1? Fud. 

What a glorious win - exciting, full of fight and with moments of sublime skill. Well done to all!

That midweek night in the arria with Stuart Miller was embarrassing. The guy is clueless & should never be allowed through the doors of broadwood after his spell as manager never mind being invited as guest speaker and then going on to speak absolute drivel. 

I really pick my time to go on holiday! Although, in saying that the updates from my two boys at the game coupled with Tenerife sunshine and all inclusive drink has made up for missing the game.

Well done guys and all hail Danny, Allan and Goodie, you have made a middle age man very happy tonight...thank you 👍

That midweek night in the arria with Stuart Miller was embarrassing. The guy is clueless & should never be allowed through the doors of broadwood after his spell as manager never mind being invited as guest speaker and then going on to speak absolute drivel. 
Stuart Miller is a w**k.
Close thread.