Arbroath vs Thistle

44 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Where did Arbroath get O'Brien from? Looks a tidy player. 

I honestly think he would get in anyone (maybe barring Utd's) first XI. A brilliant, beast of a defender.

Edited by Kejan

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

but Thistle were best team I've seen with the ball really dragged us about well without doing anything

It's the one thing we consistently do alright at.  We can spend 90 minutes playing nice safe passes, moving the opposition around the pitch.  But if you're organised enough then that means nothing, there's no way we're getting through.

Just started watching the game back what the f**k are they on about the wind so much for it was as calm a day as you could get anywhere [emoji23]

I think they must have rehearsed that commentary assuming it was going to be windy. One of the calmest games seen at Gayfield!

I think they must have rehearsed that commentary assuming it was going to be windy. One of the calmest games seen at Gayfield!

I know.

Could you imagine what they'd be saying if it was actually windy, 40 minutes in and it's doing my heed in

Are they no sitting in the ground? [emoji23]

35 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Just started watching the game back what the f**k are they on about the wind so much for it was as calm a day as you could get anywhere emoji23.png

That is typical BBC . They make shit up to suit the stereotypical idea that there is always a howling gale at Gayfield.  

Also the usual condescending pish about a part time player's day job .  Bobby Linn was the only player Thomson and that other presenter seemed to want to mention . As for Billy Dodds ......." Bobby the bin man Linn " ???   What the f**k was the need for that comment ? 

The BBC are a fucking disgrace. 

Caught the 2nd half of that game, Arbroath looked decent and should have won it if it wasn’t for the terrible offside call. TOB was a standout. Nice pass from Murphy to set it up too. Arbroath have started the season very well considering that the majority of the squad is the same as last season in League 1, maybe there isn’t a massive difference in quality between the divisions.

Why did the commentators keep harping on about the wind? It seemed to be a calm night, it’s not always windy in Arbroath.

Caught the 2nd half of that game, Arbroath looked decent and should have won it if it wasn’t for the terrible offside call. TOB was a standout. Nice pass from Murphy to set it up too. Arbroath have started the season very well considering that the majority of the squad is the same as last season in League 1, maybe there isn’t a massive difference in quality between the divisions.

Why did the commentators keep harping on about the wind? It seemed to be a calm night, it’s not always windy in Arbroath.

We didn't do much in the second half to be honest but could've had a few goals in the first half though

Not a clue about the wind, I am now 67 minutes into this game and it's been mentioned so many times it's no real, 10-15 times I'd say [emoji23]

Of the team that's played tonight only Murphy is a new addition

15 minutes ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Arbroath have started the season very well considering that the majority of the squad is the same as last season in League 1, maybe there isn’t a massive difference in quality between the divisions.

It's hardly unusual for a team to start well off the back of a promotion bounce, the real test will be when they take a few shoeings around November and have to immediately pick themselves up for another very difficult game the following week. The gap probably is narrowing right now because the standard of player attracted by the midtable full time teams is simply not as good any more, but I wouldn't draw a decisive conclusion about that at this point in the season.

Arbroath will certainly be a difficult place to visit for almost all teams in the league but most should have expected that to be the case before a ball was kicked - and failing to get the job done beat Partick is actually a relatively poor home result right now.

Tommy Robson as a #10, that was quite something. 

As I said in the Thistle thread, the inevitable appointment of Kenny Miller isn't going to turn our fortunes round especially when he seems to be dictating things on field as it is - Arbroaths incorrectly disallowed goal came from our fucking corner which Miller was involved in taking quickly. 

I don't think we're a kick in the arse off becoming a Raith or Airdrie who are in the 3rd tier as much if not more than the second, or the worst full time team in Scotland (for all their shit start, Falkirk will get back up this year). 

38 minutes ago, virginton said:

It's hardly unusual for a team to start well off the back of a promotion bounce, the real test will be when they take a few shoeings around November and have to immediately pick themselves up for another very difficult game the following week. The gap probably is narrowing right now because the standard of player attracted by the midtable full time teams is simply not as good any more, but I wouldn't draw a decisive conclusion about that at this point in the season.

Arbroath will certainly be a difficult place to visit for almost all teams in the league but most should have expected that to be the case before a ball was kicked - and failing to get the job done beat Partick is actually a relatively poor home result right now.

It's probably worth pointing out that we scored 2 legitimate goals to Partick's 1. That's normally enough to win the game.

Unfortunately, the linesman's error cost us 2 points. It's a bit unfair to call it a poor result under these circumatances  

41 minutes ago, virginton said:

Actually disagree with that, Like 1320 Thistle are the best footballing team we’ve played and a point was probably just about right despite the linesman’s shocker.

Dont really think any point is a poor result for us against the full time teams, also think this team have showed resilience time and time again and always bounce back after poorish results. They work their socks off for one another and have a great spirit, we’re yet to see any drubbings which many predicted we would have, our defensive record is brilliant.

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

IMG_0705.jpg
Iv circled the offside scorer

The guy in the middle looks offside to me. His heel is behind the defender's arse. I appreciate that the ball wasn't played to him, but how early did the flag go up? I haven't watched the game tbf.