Arbroath vs Thistle

The 2 efforts were a lot better than I thought at the time

ToB was heading for the stanch and McKenna curled that to near perfection, even Bobby Linns effort was a lot more awkward than I had thought, thought the keeper made a bit of a mess of that

Fucking gutting too because if it went 2 it was over

Actually disagree with that, Like 1320 Thistle are the best footballing team we’ve played and a point was probably just about right despite the linesman’s shocker.

Partick are clearly one of the poorest teams in the division right now - the league table demonstrates that fact - so you really should plan on beating them at home if you want to survive comfortably at this level.

It's probably worth pointing out that we scored 2 legitimate goals to Partick's 1. That's normally enough to win the game.
Unfortunately, the linesman's error cost us 2 points. It's a bit unfair to call it a poor result under these circumatances  

You had more than enough opportunities to add a second goal in the first half - although Fox was excellent in the Partick goal - and more tellingly shouldn’t have let Partick back into the game so easily in the second. So while you were punished by a piss-poor call the game should never have hinged on an official’s decision in the first place.

Partick are clearly one of the poorest teams in the division right now - the league table demonstrates that fact - so you really should plan on beating them at home if you want to survive comfortably at this level.

I think with a better manager there they'd be up there. Best quality team I've seen was very impressed with Zanatta and Cardle and Miller look good too.

Surprised nobody has said anything about the guy Cole, maybe Thistle fans were too pissed off at all the fannying about they were doing but he controlled that second half and looked quality.

His fellow midfielders didn't help much (although I thought De Vita was decent when he came on) which resulted in Cole having to hit 40 yard diagonals to get them going further up the park.

He'll go on to have a good season

Thistle didn't look comfortable doing some of the stuff Caldwell has them doing. He seems like a bit of a w**k to be honest, was sitting quite close to the dug out and was surprised at the way players were talking to and behaving with him. Nobody on our team would dare react to Dick they way they were.

Aye, sure you did champ. 
200.gif&key=27d269ed839523b04d2a45aead56da84acc4311ec3a5c896f5d8e65abfa26420

I mean the conditions, we did, to put in a good performance you don't have to play pretty. Managed the game perfectly, you's didn't, you were awful and you's got beat

Dunno why you're still raging about it you'll probably go on to finish above us and beat us later in the season anyway

14 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Thistle didn't look comfortable doing some of the stuff Caldwell has them doing. He seems like a bit of a w**k to be honest, was sitting quite close to the dug out and was surprised at the way players were talking to and behaving with him. Nobody on our team would dare react to Dick they way they were.

Interesting - what exactly was going on?  There are strong rumours that Caldwell has frozen Bannigan out (although I think he was suspended last night anyway) and that in general, the players intensely dislike him.  If they were openly talking back to him or ignoring him last night then great; it makes his position untenable.

10 hours ago, velo army said:

The guy in the middle looks offside to me. His heel is behind the defender's arse. I appreciate that the ball wasn't played to him, but how early did the flag go up? I haven't watched the game tbf. 

What difference does the guy in the middle make?

The linesman simply got it wrong.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

What difference does the guy in the middle make?

The linesman simply got it wrong.

The guy in the middle looks marginally off. Maybe the linesman sees him as offside and raises the flag. As I said in my post, I didn't see it and I don't know how soon the flag went up. I know the ball isn't played to the man in the middle, but he isn't far enough away from the play to be deemed inactive. 

1 minute ago, velo army said:

The guy in the middle looks marginally off. Maybe the linesman sees him as offside and raises the flag. As I said in my post, I didn't see it and I don't know how soon the flag went up. I know the ball isn't played to the man in the middle, but he isn't far enough away from the play to be deemed inactive. 

Flagging for that bloke would be wholly wrong these days.

Interesting - what exactly was going on?  There are strong rumours that Caldwell has frozen Bannigan out (although I think he was suspended last night anyway) and that in general, the players intensely dislike him.  If they were openly talking back to him or ignoring him last night then great; it makes his position untenable.

Cardle was literally screaming at him at one point [emoji23] There was just alot of times he was having a go at guys for not doing things (usually after fucking it up after playing out from the goal kick) and the general gist back was wtf am I supposed to do. Seemed like a bit of a shambles

Incident with Zanatta a bit weird too, went down in the second half, looked pretty fucked tbh, the Thistle physio was away to run on, Caldwell physically stopped him and a wee half arsed argument started between Caldwell and a few of the players that were standing around Zanatta. Caldwell told him to get up (I get it because you were wanting to win but time gets added on anyway) Zanatta slowly got up, hobbled about then went over to the sideline a couple of minutes later for treatment anyway because his knee was bleeding

Doesn't sound like too big a deal but it was more the manner of it, even if you never knew the problems Partick had had so far you'd think it wasn't a happy camp. A lot of frustrated players there

Also absolutely devastating to say but Ricky little looks a bit uncomfortable at this level
Don't agree with this. Maybe not his best game last night but had a couple of unlucky breaks. He showed some excellent defending at times last night and has been at the heart of a defence that has had 4 clean sheets and conceded 3 goals in 6 games including a clean sheet when TOB was suspended.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Quoting the league table after 5 games is pretty pointless at this time. 

Unless you want to point out that we are “surviving comfortably” right now of course. 

Quoting the league table after 5 games is pretty pointless at this time. 

Not if you want to establish whether Partick are any good currently: they aren’t, which is why they’ve got just two points from five relatively kind fixtures. They could well improve over the course of the season but that’s a home game that you should be looking to win right now and you didn’t.

Just now, virginton said:

Not if you want to establish whether Partick are any good or not right now: they aren’t, which is why they’ve got two points from five relatively kind fixtures. They could well improve over the course of the season but that’s a home game that you should be looking to win, right now, and you didn’t.

Won’t don’t have any devine right to win games in this league and I’m sure our squad will have that mentality. No matter what picture you’re trying to paint, a point at home to Thistle isn’t a bad result. I think we will take anything we can get and see where it gets us. 

You're original point made you look like a smart arse trying to have a cheap dig.

As i’ve alluded to already I don’t think the league table is much of a guide until teams have played each other once, possibly even home and away, that's just my opinion.

Watched the game last night, from a neutrals view and by god were arbroath unlucky, First half could have quite easily been 3-0 arbroath. The centre half obrien could have scored two worldies, has some ping! I though on  the whole arbroath defended very doggedly, and had a very questionable goal wrongly ruled out. Partick really didnt offer very much for me, in the middle of the park especially. Even though kenny miller is approaching his 102nd birthday, he evidently still knows where the net is. Think caldwell must be early running favourite for the championship 'sack race' The sierra leone right back that played ahead of williamson i thought was running all over the place like a headless chicken, but MOM for me by a country mile was the goalkeeper fox. Very very early doors, and not one for making predictions regarding staying up/going down as my dunfermline have had a shocking start too. Gayfield is obviously a very difficult place to go,and arbroath will pick up points there. Lets see by the new year where teams lie. But judged on last night, i dont think its cut and dry for arbroath to go straight back down.

1 hour ago, velo army said:

If he did that then he shouldn't be officiating as that is just incompetence.