Arbroath vs Thistle

Actually disagree with that, Like 1320 Thistle are the best footballing team we’ve played and a point was probably just about right despite the linesman’s shocker.

Dont really think any point is a poor result for us against the full time teams, also think this team have showed resilience time and time again and always bounce back after poorish results. They work their socks off for one another and have a great spirit, we’re yet to see any drubbings which many predicted we would have, our defensive record is brilliant.

Definitely not a poor result for us like bit gutting to see how it played out with the offside

Doesn't really come across very well on the TV after rewatching the 90 minutes but there was a lot of high intensity running and movement off the ball in forward areas from them it's just that they took far too long to actually get it forward. Hardest shift we've had to put in tonight. Although we could've scored 3 or 4 I think it was much more comfortable for us against Dunfermline, Alloa and Qots.

* Can't comment on Inverness as was too pished

Caught the 2nd half of that game, Arbroath looked decent and should have won it if it wasn’t for the terrible offside call. TOB was a standout. Nice pass from Murphy to set it up too. Arbroath have started the season very well considering that the majority of the squad is the same as last season in League 1, maybe there isn’t a massive difference in quality between the divisions.

Why did the commentators keep harping on about the wind? It seemed to be a calm night, it’s not always windy in Arbroath.

Been saying this all along, last 2 years... livi double promotion, ayr come up and pissed it.

Dunfermline were honestly stinking the other week and even tonight I think allot of folk realise we should of won. Millers finish was immense no one is saving that, he’s been there and done it. Very fine margins in this league.

Onwards and upwards x

Steak and black pudding pies were immense.

We were dug-meat first half/ Thr Broath pjayed well. Apart from the goal Fox had to make two great saves.

Came into it second half but didnt quite create enough to win it. The Lichties didn't create much apart from their offside goal.

We'll probably finish up above Arbroath come season's end but that's not really an achievement in itself. 

Can't see Caldwell lasting much longer as even his team selection changes wildly each week  

2 hours ago, A.K. Barr said:

Been saying this all along, last 2 years... livi double promotion, ayr come up and pissed it.

Dunfermline were honestly stinking the other week and even tonight I think allot of folk realise we should of won. Millers finish was immense no one is saving that, he’s been there and done it. Very fine margins in this league.

Onwards and upwards x

Tbf Arbroath were also stinking against Dunfermline, swings and roundabouts. 

Think the conditions at Gayfield will play massively into Arbroaths hand and its and advantage I've not seen at this level, even with Alloa and Cowdenbeath having a restricted surface it wasn't on the level I'd witnessed. 

Think the conditions at Gayfield will play massively into Arbroaths hand and its and advantage I've not seen at this level, even with Alloa and Cowdenbeath having a restricted surface it wasn't on the level I'd witnessed. 

Unfortunately due to work I don't make many games, but Arbroath were superb against Dunfermline.......we may or may not stay up but we deserved the 3 points that day......don't think Dunfermline had a shot on target......despite playing with the wind first half.

As for Grant228.......maybe you should go back to supporting Raith as you sound like one o them, making every excuse under the sun!!!! Or is it webbed feet, Fife thing?

Why not just say Arbroath deserved it.........but they'll not catches us out again? Dunfermline thought they just had to turn up and 3 points were in the bag against these Smokie No-Hopers......And yes if we keep playing the way we are, teams will take more notice of us, and make it more difficult in games 2, 3 & 4.

I thought the HT profile of Bobby Linn was tremendous - what an effort he puts in to do a tough job and find the time and energy to play football at this level. I think the term part time relates more to some of his “so called” full time peers rather than him. His daily workload is anything but part time!!!

Bobby came over really well in the profile and what a tremendous delivery for the goal.

I thought the HT profile of Bobby Linn was tremendous - what an effort he puts in to do a tough job and find the time and energy to play football at this level. I think the term part time relates more to some of his “so called” full time peers rather than him. His daily workload is anything but part time!!!

Bobby came over really well in the profile and what a tremendous delivery for the goal.

He also does boxing as a hobby and does training couple times a week I'm sure.

First time I properly spoke to him I was in Dundee's South Road Tesco just looking at the shelves, felt two digs into my hips was wondering wtf was going on. Turned around and it was him and he said I thought that was you then took all the time in the world to talk, just a really friendly nice guy

Watched that half time feature a few times

You keep saying this but we played the conditions excellently that day. Might've looked stinking but it was literally the only way to get the job done in those conditions. That's why it was a good performance from us

I thought the first half we looked great, TOB and JT both stand out for me tonight.

Lagged a bit the second half but what can you expect, especially a midweek game. Majority of these guys have had to start at 5/6 in morning to get an early finish to then head straight to Gayfield fighting Friday evening traffic. 

In that respect I'm gutted we never got the 3 points as it was fully deserved 

58 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

You keep saying this but we played the conditions excellently that day. Might've looked stinking but it was literally the only way to get the job done in those conditions. That's why it was a good performance from us

You won from our keeper throwing one in, if your keeper throws one in and we win is it still a good performance? No chance, it was a good win but a shocking performance from both teams. 

You won from our keeper throwing one in, if your keeper throws one in and we win is it still a good performance? No chance, it was a good win but a shocking performance from both teams. 

No having it. We played them brilliantly

You barely threatened us with that wind at your back in the first half, we took ages doing everything, throw ins, free kicks, our keeper with the ball etc etc. We actually threatened more than you did with the hurricane against us

Came out second half, kicked for touch, then kept you pinned in for a bit, soon as you got up the park we broke on you and scored. If that effort hadn't gone in we would've scored eventually

Soon as we went 1-0 up anytime you got anywhere near close to posing a threat we launched it rugby style and played for possession pushing you back 80 yards a go

Don't know how you can be so blind and naive to this and not see it, I've seen arbroath do it to teams so many times man [emoji23]

We won everything and played clever

Must've happened 4 maybe 5 times last season too. Although usually more high scoring as we'd be going for it a lot more with the wind against us due to playing shitter teams in L1. Fair few times we were losing at half time after playing into the wind to come out second half, get a couple of goals and the lead quickly before seeing the game out with ease

13 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

Cant believe how much condition have been mentioned on this thread and on tv. Theres more of a breeze on the moon than there was last night ffs

It's just that typically lazy thing the football people at BBC Scotland do so much. 

They arrived with a narrative about Arbroath being windy, and weren't going to let a silly little detail, like the actual weather conditions, dent it.

Don't know if anyone noticed the live BBC report from the game, which was the only way I could follow proceedings last night.

They have Derek Gaston coming on as a sub with around 15 minutes to go on the team lines and live text, replacing Spence. I spent time trying to find out why a keeper was going on up front, but see it's been sorted this morning.

You'd think the BBC, live at the game, would be able to get simple details correct.

That was as bad as I’ve seen Thistle in a long time, especially the first half. If we went in at half-time 4-0 down then it still would’ve flattered us. Minor improvement after HT but we absolutely stole a point, especially with a clearly onside goal being disallowed.

Miller pulling deep and out wide, and moaning for about five minutes every time he doesn’t get/win the ball is infuriating as f**k. No wonder Caldwell hadn’t been playing O’Ware so far this season, he was shocking last night, as were the whole defence. Cammy Palmer doing his best Shea Gordon impersonation last night, as I genuinely forgot he was on the park, so little did he have an impact on the game.

The next couple of weeks will test how much our current board actually give a f**k about on-field matters while the proposed takeover goes through. I thought before the game, win or lose, Caldwell would get Dunfermline next week, but after watching that surely he needs to go now.

Unlucky tonight, could and maybe should of killed the game off in first half, Think it shows we do lack that cutting edge in the final 3rd,

ToB is the best defender ive seen in league so far, class act, Thomson was outatanding too,

Also pains to say it but Miller was very good too,

49 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

What is this dripping wet fanny going on about? 

Edited by Mexico

1 hour ago, Rjc-1988 said:

As good a profile as it was , the BBC always fall back on the old part time , work by day routine instead of really doing their homework and talking about the football side of things.  The half time chat was all about how bad Partick were and not about how well organised Arbroath were as an attacking and defensive unit.  

Basically the BBC are a pathetic example of the lazy journalism which seems to plague Scottish football.  They don't really care about the smaller teams and don't know how to react when a wee team gives it a real go . 

21 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Don't know if anyone noticed the live BBC report from the game, which was the only way I could follow proceedings last night.

They have Derek Gaston coming on as a sub with around 15 minutes to go on the team lines and live text, replacing Spence. I spent time trying to find out why a keeper was going on up front, but see it's been sorted this morning.

You'd think the BBC, live at the game, would be able to get simple details correct.

They don't do the stats, PA Sport does. All the media outlets have that sub, rather than Josh Campbell coming on. PA Sport is dire but seem to get the business regardless.