Scottish Cup

Amateur Footie Fan

39 minutes ago, Fraz_1311 said:

Sandys 5-4 braehead some game for the neutral end to end stuff   

Two absolute gangs. Sandys were brutal, braehead chucking the lead 3 times, goalie having two howlers. Thought the midfielder for braehead should have had a second booking for punching the flag away in the first half. Braehead maybe feel hard done by but you can't chuck that many leads and expect to win things, not good enough. And if Sandy's are the highest standard in LEAFA, then it leaves a lot to be desired. Thought they were very poor. Sandys side lines embarrassing as well. Hounding the ref, arguing with players, with each other. But aye, very entertaining game for the neutral it was 😂

A gang ? In what way ? Some people come on here and talk absolute shite . Game was by any means pretty but to come on and call both teams a gang for not playing good football in conditions like today have a word with yourself . Anyway roll on the quarters 🤙🏻 . All the best to breahead for the rest of the season .

1 hour ago, ThePlayer said:

Two absolute gangs. Sandys were brutal, braehead chucking the lead 3 times, goalie having two howlers. Thought the midfielder for braehead should have had a second booking for punching the flag away in the first half. Braehead maybe feel hard done by but you can't chuck that many leads and expect to win things, not good enough. And if Sandy's are the highest standard in LEAFA, then it leaves a lot to be desired. Thought they were very poor. Sandys side lines embarrassing as well. Hounding the ref, arguing with players, with each other. But aye, very entertaining game for the neutral it was 😂

Took this game in and thought it was 2 teams that put everything into it  . Conditions weren't great park was a 5 aside pitch in size . Sandy's sidelines are a embarrassment to the club . Braehead will be shooting themselves as they had the game in there grasp . 

Assessment of todays game,

Braehead overall better than Sandys who for all there noise on social media are utter dross!!  That said there in the 1/4s of the big 1, they wont go any further than that.

Seen alot in my years in ammie football but Sandys are something else!! U may say 'gang' thats being kind, av never seen a sideline like it!!

Can see why they dominate the Leafa league as they probly intimidate every team they play. They wont do that down at Shortless thats for sure!!

Braehead will be gutted, to score 4 away from home in the Scottish and not win will hurt!!

Took in EK vs Gartcosh. Even game, poor red card from the ref first half gave EK the edge and scored two goals which were poorly defended. Even second half with the home team missing a penalty to bring it back to 1-2 and potentially game on. Think the EK boy lucky to see only yellow for his handball for the penalty. Gartcosh battled and had a lot of the ball with EK scoring a third on the counter with about 15 to go.

Took in EK vs Gartcosh. Even game, poor red card from the ref first half gave EK the edge and scored two goals which were poorly defended. Even second half with the home team missing a penalty to bring it back to 1-2 and potentially game on. Think the EK boy lucky to see only yellow for his handball for the penalty. Gartcosh battled and had a lot of the ball with EK scoring a third on the counter with about 15 to go.

Also decided to take this in. I went with Gartcosh to win this one but EK surprised me and burst my coupon. Apart from first 10 mins which was even EK bossed this. Played football from the back and had numerous chances. The EK keeper saved the penalty, apart from that, he had nothing to do. A fair result was 4 or 5 to EK but fair play to Gartcosh sticking with it and fighting. Agreed if the ref thinks its a deliberate handball it should have been a red but tbh the ball was kicked at him from 1 yard and he was facing the opposite direction so would have been harsh. The Gartcosh red was 50/50. Clear foul when the boy turned the player but it was a good bit out. Saying that best team progressed and enjoyed the game.

1 hour ago, Redondo said:

Assessment of todays game,

Braehead overall better than Sandys who for all there noise on social media are utter dross!!  That said there in the 1/4s of the big 1, they wont go any further than that.

Seen alot in my years in ammie football but Sandys are something else!! U may say 'gang' thats being kind, av never seen a sideline like it!!

Can see why they dominate the Leafa league as they probly intimidate every team they play. They wont do that down at Shortless thats for sure!!

Braehead will be gutted, to score 4 away from home in the Scottish and not win will hurt!!

Redondo

You must be confident to see off Braehead next week if what you seen today after them losing 5 goals to a team who you thought were “utter dross “.

Although I’m sure it will be a hotly contested local derby not for the faint hearted.

12 minutes ago, tug said:

Redondo

You must be confident to see off Braehead next week if what you seen today after them losing 5 goals to a team who you thought were “utter dross “.

Although I’m sure it will be a hotly contested local derby not for the faint hearted.

Totally different game Tug.

Sorry but sandys are a very good side, park is what it is .... shite, but they use it to their advantage. Calling them a gang is nonsense, yes the sidelines can be a bit over the top but by no means does that represent them as a footballing team, I have played/watched them numerous times over the years and this is the best team they’ve had. Every team is entitled to an off game and if they are scoring 5 when they aren’t at the races I would be quietly happy about that.

I seen shortless once against Bonnyrigg Rose and if I was to judge them on that id say they weren’t great and only looked to have one decent player ( 10 ) the big boy at centre back was criminal, terrible in possession, but I would never judges team on one game....... it’s impossible!

There are no bad teams left in this competition, so write them off at your peril.

7 minutes ago, quickoverayard said:

Sorry but sandys are a very good side, park is what it is .... shite, but they use it to their advantage. Calling them a gang is nonsense, yes the sidelines can be a bit over the top but by no means does that represent them as a footballing team, I have played/watched them numerous times over the years and this is the best team they’ve had. Every team is entitled to an off game and if they are scoring 5 when they aren’t at the races I would be quietly happy about that.

I seen shortless once against Bonnyrigg Rose and if I was to judge them on that id say they weren’t great and only looked to have one decent player ( 10 ) the big boy at centre back was criminal, terrible in possession, but I would never judges team on one game....... it’s impossible!

There are no bad teams left in this competition, so write them off at your peril.

They were playing on a decent astro surface the day and yeah it was a bit narrow but for a side now in the last 8 of the Scottish id expect a bit more.

Cant disagree they never gave up and showed character but they never strung 5 passes together!!

11 minutes ago, Redondo said:

They were playing on a decent astro surface the day and yeah it was a bit narrow but for a side now in the last 8 of the Scottish id expect a bit more.

Cant disagree they never gave up and showed character but they never strung 5 passes together!!

We are in the quarters. You’re not. 

Where was the game? I thought it was at their place and not on a 3G. I can assure you they aren’t normally like that, the transition from midfield forward is normally very quick and play loads of patterns.... a very good footballing side. Also got some excellent individual players in that team, especially going forward.

There was a pattern of desperation today thats for sure, think the shout at 1 point from big kiddo was can we get a bit if shape here, they were all over the place!! Credit where its due though, there through and thats what matters I suppose.

They wont go any further though. If Shortlees have Knapp available for that 1/4 final it will be a canter for them.

1 hour ago, quickoverayard said:

You seen shortlees once against bonnyrigg rose lol. A very decent junior team like rose would make any good amateur side not look great. Nerves also have a big part to play in that game with regards to individual errors. Terrible game to pluck out the hat and base a team on tbh baring mind the game went in at half time 0-0. Didn’t you watch the scottish cup final a few years ago when shortlees won it? More or less the same team.

1 hour ago, quickoverayard said:

Getting beat 3-0 of Bonnyrigg isnt anything to be ashamed by 

also i played Shortlees 4 year back and to this day they are easily the best side ive came across and the boy Knapp is the best ive played against he gets mentioned alot and for good reason aswell the game against Sandys will be a good game no doubt but in my view Knapp is twice the player of any Sandys player and im sure most would agree with it. All the best to Sandys tho hope they do it for LEAFA 

2 hours ago, quickoverayard said:

Shortlees has 9 starting players missing that day and had there manager playing centre half at 49 years old. A much changed side now from what u watched but with still a few of the players remaining from the glory years.