Scottish Cup

Amateur Footie Fan

8 hours ago, PenaltyShootOut said:

A widnae bet oan that mate. Seen them a ryt few times this year n they ain't gr8. Knapp ain't the player he wiz n they dont hav a guid striker. The wee boi yogi has dragged them thru the games that I huv seen 

Who are you mate, as you are at nearly all our games, you once said you didn't like me because of my antics at the side of the park, I couldn't fathom that one out. 

I think I was a very quite manager, who never got animated, or shouted at refs, as I hate that, or the opposing players, "unless they committed a terrible tackle on my side," nor did I shout or get involved with opposing management. Shortlees have deserved to go through in every round they have played this Scottish cup. We have been in some very close games, a couple of the times, but I think we just edged them. Each time the opposing management too their great credit, when we spoke after, agreed. Knapp hasn't played the last 2 rounds of the cup, and he may or may not be the player he was, but on his best day 90% of him can still tear teams to shreds. Agreed though, with Keir, being suspended, Yogi has stepped up, and been outstanding, but he didn't win these games by himself. Listen we were absolutely decimated after last season, and on our knees, but the club worked very hard, and we got back up on our feet, so we are just happy to be at this stage of the cup. I think we have already proved to everyone who wrote us off as a spent force, that they were wrong. We aren't shouting our mouths off, we will just play one game at a time, and may the best team win the cup fair and square. Knowing how hard it is to win it, I will be the first to applaud them. Good luck to all the teams.

5 hours ago, Cunny said:

Who are you mate, as you are at nearly all our games, you once said you didn't like me because of my antics at the side of the park, I couldn't fathom that one out. 

I think I was a very quite manager, who never got animated, or shouted at refs, as I hate that, or the opposing players, "unless they committed a terrible tackle on my side," nor did I shout or get involved with opposing management. Shortlees have deserved to go through in every round they have played this Scottish cup. We have been in some very close games, a couple of the times, but I think we just edged them. Each time the opposing management too their great credit, when we spoke after, agreed. Knapp hasn't played the last 2 rounds of the cup, and he may or may not be the player he was, but on his best day 90% of him can still tear teams to shreds. Agreed though, with Keir, being suspended, Yogi has stepped up, and been outstanding, but he didn't win these games by himself. Listen we were absolutely decimated after last season, and on our knees, but the club worked very hard, and we got back up on our feet, so we are just happy to be at this stage of the cup. I think we have already proved to everyone who wrote us off as a spent force, that they were wrong. We aren't shouting our mouths off, we will just play one game at a time, and may the best team win the cup fair and square. Knowing how hard it is to win it, I will be the first to applaud them. Good luck to all the teams.

Jeez it aiy takes an hour tae get thru yir posts! All a did wiz give ma opinion on whit I huv seen of yous this season and no tae write Sandy's aff that's awe. I wisnae talkin aboot u so why yae needed tae make it aboot you at the start o yir post I huv nae idea. Infact half yir post wisnae required lolol. Best o luck anyway 

I Still think Shortlees will win everything in ayrshire this season and a great chance of winning the Scottish. Knapps season has been stop start with the 8 games he has missed thru suspension and he only came back ammies in sept Oct time. That being said I still think he is every bit as good if not better than the season they won the scottish. I do agree they need a striker tho. Shortlees or Eastfield for me. I will stress that I haven't seen half of the teams left So like many it's an educated guess based on other teams results.

3 hours ago, PenaltyShootOut said:

Jeez it aiy takes an hour tae get thru yir posts! All a did wiz give ma opinion on whit I huv seen of yous this season and no tae write Sandy's aff that's awe. I wisnae talkin aboot u so why yae needed tae make it aboot you at the start o yir post I huv nae idea. Infact half yir post wisnae required lolol. Best o luck anyway 

On 16/04/2017 at 11:09,  Kaboom said: 

I find it quite astonishing that anyone can say that Cunny had failed as the manager of shortlees, he has guided them to back to back promotions, won the Ayrshire cup and a major in the west of scotland cup. If that's called failing as a manager then, 90% of managers in Scotland must be failures. The guy is standing down at the end of the season and Billy Mason is taking over, they say sometimes change is good, but I'm sure Cunny will still be there behind the team as they make a fresh challenge next season. Also it was good for Ayrshire football to see other teams try and stop the dominance of hurlford thistle, and shortlees and glenburn are giving it a good go, the season isn't over yet and there's still a lot at stake. 

The whole thing is shocking! I'm a lees fan and a said at start off season that a wisnae a fan o cunny. That was coz of his embarrassing antics at side o park but awe this talk about him being sacked, basically feeling forced to walk coz of the shit written aboot him is shocking! 

Its amateur fitba! Folk go on on this like the managers are jose and pep and the players are ronaldo and messi! If they were either then none of them would be coaching or playing at this level! Aye the wans that manage Hurlford thistle genuinely believe they are when in reality anyone could manage the players they have had ower the years wae the backhanded payments! 

Amateur fitba is a bunch of mates getting the gether for a game oan a Saturday then back to the boozer efter! The manager picks the team, the committee help wae the behind the scene stuff and thats it!

Look at the other hurlford team. Close knit boys who have played the gether fae boys club, battered through the leagues and by all accounts go oot on the sauce the gether. Their manager has kept them the gether and is basically no different fae Cunny as all he did was get mates the gether and send them out to play every week! I'm pretty sure neither profess to being Pep Guardiola! Cunny certainly never huz! Cunny has great players who let themselves doon and basically wrapped it after they went oot scottish! No cunnys fault as they players haven't kicked a baw since and we have been shite but at end of day its amateur fucking fitba and aboot time we stopped losing sight o that

I take that back penalty, you said you weren’t a fan because of my antics at the side of the park. It didn’t  worry me one bit at the time, and it still doesn’t, it actually made me smile. I just want to know out of curiosity what my antics were, as I can’t ever remember being an overly energetic manager on the sidelines, as I need all my energy nowadays for my powerful lovemaking, 2 mins kills me now.  Also on that post, I had spoken to Billy Mason months prior,  and was always leaving that year 2016, whether we won or lost the league. 
I think your posts are mostly fair, I enjoy them, and I don’t have a problem with any of them. 
I also understand on the same post, that you were sticking up for me, and I appreciated that. On here, it is just a bit like who done it, as I could be standing next to you at a game, or talking to you and don’t know that you are the Penalty, boy.  I only post very rarely, but looking through some of your past posts, you yourself, have put a fairly long post on here at times as well.
Have a nice day Penalty.  :) 🌧 

On 05/02/2020 at 10:12, Stucafu said:

My selections this week are.

Sandys (good luck to the ref)

EKYM

Wishaw

Semi line up.

EKYM

Shortlees

Fintry (after replay)

Eastfield

Decent selections from me.

well done to all still in it. Anybody taking bets on the semis 🤣

Eastfield are favourites but Shortlees in their day can beat anyone. Glenburn destroying Drumchapel in West today was a shock to some

Have Shortlees had enough days lately? Their tie with Sandys will be an interesting one, 2 teams that fancy their chances with folk attached to them that like to make noise.

Eastfield are clear favourites in my opinion.

6 hours ago, ThePlayer said:

Great result for Wishaw against Oban today!

I watched the first tie and Oban were very lucky to escape with a draw after taking the lead against the run of play. Wishaw a very well organised side and all the best to them in the next round.

9 hours ago, king Henrik7 said:

And there was another guy thinking Oban wouid scud wishaw as well. Very well organised team is wishaw . Them or eastfield to win it for me

Never at any point said they'd scud them, clown. Just stating it's a great result to go away up there and come out with that result with relative ease 

Oban Saints 0 Wishaw 2

Weather not great and astro pitch does not combine for good football.

Not much in it in the first half. A couple of half chances for either team. Wishaw go ahead from a penalty.

Second half Oban come out and quickly win a corner. Loose the ball, Wishaw break away and score. Good goal.

The game then suited Wishaw. Being two ahead, well organised, having a number of big physical players they sat back and either hit on the counter or played long balls. Were difficult to break down.

Oban maybe were caught between trying to play football and being physical and ended up doing neither. I enjoy watching Oban. They get the ball on the ground and try and play good football. Just didn't work today.

Congratulations Wishaw.

Edited by 8 Bit

7 hours ago, NewBallsPlease said:

Have Shortlees had enough days lately? Their tie with Sandys will be an interesting one, 2 teams that fancy their chances with folk attached to them that like to make noise.

Eastfield are clear favourites in my opinion.

Who exactly attached to Sandy's makes noise ? There's a couple of people on here who claim to be and come out with a lot of shite . Quietly "our" players fancy there chances but we also know that shortlees have and are a good side . One to look forward to and would be a good game for the neutral . 

Excellent result and performance from us up in Oban. Everybody at the club has enjoyed the decent run we have been on in the Scottish. We now face arguably everyone's favourites in the Quarters a week on Saturday and I'm sure it will be another good game to take in especially for the neutral. Looking forward to it.

I'm not surprised Glenburn are a very good side, obviously found their shooting boots from when they played us

Eastfield are favourites but Shortlees in their day can beat anyone. Glenburn destroying Drumchapel in West today was a shock to some

Who exactly attached to Sandy's makes noise ? There's a couple of people on here who claim to be and come out with a lot of shite . Quietly "our" players fancy there chances but we also know that shortlees have and are a good side . One to look forward to and would be a good game for the neutral . 

I’m not saying they are players, coaches or committee members mate but they clearly align themselves with Sandys. It was in no way a dig at the club itself.