Scottish Cup

Amateur Footie Fan

14 minutes ago, MattEmulsion said:

Watched Wishaw vs Oban today, cracking game. Wishaw dominant 1st half, conceded against the run of play. Oban a lot better 2nd half, draw probably a fair result.

Winner of this 1 plays Eastfield in final if dont draw each other beforehand.

53 minutes ago, amateur footie mad said:

When shortlees play a half decent team they will get pummeld again. IMO. Nothing special whatsoever.

Can only beat what is in front of them, a lot of good teams in the draw. Last week was an off day for them, happens to the best of teams as we have already seen so far in the Scottish. 

56 minutes ago, B McK said:

Glenburn could have went either way, game about keepers, well done lads great game

Noone could have argued with a draw in this game. 

Tight affair, difference was a worldy from the Fintry captain from 30 yards that went in like a rocket. Keeper never moved 

Good luck in the next round

2 hours ago, amateur footie mad said:

When shortlees play a half decent team they will get pummeld again. IMO. Nothing special whatsoever.

We will see one or two missing, inc our best player. One game at a time. Hope your team does well. 

2 hours ago, amateur footie mad said:

You saying cowie and castlemilk arent half decent teams? Whats your definition of half decent? Take eastfield out the equation most probably and everyone else left in the majors are capable of beating each other. You dont get to the last 8 of the Scottish if you arent decent and they have got through the last two rounds without the best player in ayrshire amateur football 

Winner of this 1 plays Eastfield in final if dont draw each other beforehand.

Tuned to the moon. Took this game in and Wishaw better the 1st half but hardly great football played. Really, really surprised by the standard of both teams. Oban scored against the run of play but were slightly better second half. I would be gobsmacked if there werent better teams out there in the last 8 and would expect whoever wins to struggle in the next round.

1 minute ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

Tuned to the moon. Took this game in and Wishaw better the 1st half but hardly great football played. Really, really surprised by the standard of both teams. Oban scored against the run of play but were slightly better second half. I would be gobsmacked if there werent better teams out there in the last 8 and would expect whoever wins to struggle in the next round.

So you have now slated shortlees, oban and wishaw. Three sides who have proved themselves as top amateur sides over the years. Standard of games can be poor. Colville park were one of the best ever amateur sides but I saw them a couple of times and they looked average. Still won everything in amateur football. Cant be brilliant every week. If that's what your after stop following amateur football would be my advice 

36 minutes ago, BingeDrinker said:

So you have now slated shortlees, oban and wishaw. Three sides who have proved themselves as top amateur sides over the years. Standard of games can be poor. Colville park were one of the best ever amateur sides but I saw them a couple of times and they looked average. Still won everything in amateur football. Cant be brilliant every week. If that's what your after stop following amateur football would be my advice 

Different person I believe. Amateur footie MAD that spoke of shortlees