Scottish Cup

Amateur Footie Fan

2 hours ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

Im loving how anyone can think Harestanes come out of all this with their reputation unscathed 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Perhaps not unscathed but at least they saw sense and withdrew it. Granted it was possibly due to the pelters they received on social media and the fact it made the Daily Record lol! But they still withdrew it and lauriston got thru so I would say they deserve a little credit for that. Only a little mind you lol 

Perhaps not unscathed but at least they saw sense and withdrew it. Granted it was possibly due to the pelters they received on social media and the fact it made the Daily Record lol! But they still withdrew it and lauriston got thru so I would say they deserve a little credit for that. Only a little mind you lol 

You're more generous than me [emoji2] Reckon they made an arse of it, withdrew when they knew for sure of it being in the refs report (hence their statement commenting on it) and hoped for the SAFA to relist. Fortunately some sense shown by Hampden. I know for a fact a good few Harestanes players are raging with the guys running the club and they could well have struggled for a team should it have been replayed.

I dont know the harestanes boys personally but a few mates know them and I'm led to believe that the players weren't happy about the appeal as they had been beaten fair and square. The committee on the other hand I'm not so sure they had taken it so well.

You're more generous than me [emoji2] Reckon they made an arse of it, withdrew when they knew for sure of it being in the refs report (hence their statement commenting on it) and hoped for the SAFA to relist. Fortunately some sense shown by Hampden. I know for a fact a good few Harestanes players are raging with the guys running the club and they could well have struggled for a team should it have been replayed.

59 minutes ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

You're more generous than me emoji2.png Reckon they made an arse of it, withdrew when they knew for sure of it being in the refs report (hence their statement commenting on it) and hoped for the SAFA to relist. Fortunately some sense shown by Hampden. I know for a fact a good few Harestanes players are raging with the guys running the club and they could well have struggled for a team should it have been replayed.

How do you know for a fact the Harestanes players are raging? I think you'll find vast majority of those boys  would've played regardless of each individuals opinion on the appeal. You talk a lot about Harestanes not knowing sweet F**K all 😅

How do you know for a fact the Harestanes players are raging? I think you'll find vast majority of those boys  would've played regardless of each individuals opinion on the appeal. You talk a lot about Harestanes not knowing sweet F**K all [emoji28]

Because i know a couple of the Harestanes players. Which will be the reason I broke it on here about the initial protest when not even Lauriston knew and also the fact it went to a Committee this week. And im afraid you are talking nonsense as the players were definitely split over replaying the fixture.

20 minutes ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

Because i know a couple of the Harestanes players. Which will be the reason I broke it on here about the initial protest when not even Lauriston knew and also the fact it went to a Committee this week. And im afraid you are talking nonsense as the players were definitely split over replaying the fixture.

But you said you knew for a fact players were raging at the committee which I don't believe to be the case. Yes the players from what I was told from some, were split with regards to the appeal and the majority were for withdrawing it. Hence why it was withdrawn.

However, I highly doubt Harestanes would've struggled for a team. I'd imagine majority would've played in the game even if they wished for the appeal to be withdrawn.

But you said you knew for a fact players were raging at the committee which I don't believe to be the case. Yes the players from what I was told from some, were split with regards to the appeal and the majority were for withdrawing it. Hence why it was withdrawn.
However, I highly doubt Harestanes would've struggled for a team. I'd imagine majority would've played in the game even if they wished for the appeal to be withdrawn.

So from basically calling me a liar that knew nothing youve turned full circle to players WERE Split about the appeal and MAJORITY didnt want it to go ahead. In effect youve just agreed with what I posted????

9 hours ago, GAVT67 said:

Wishaw High School FPs v Oban Saints this Saturday is a 2pm ko on the astro at Wishaw Sports Centre.

Cracker of a game this 1!! 

Best of luck to both teams.

Gav , im tipping u lads to squeeze through this 1.