Scottish Cup

Amateur Footie Fan

A bit disrespectful thinking it would be a surprise if we beat Glenburn, I'm sure Glenburn are a good side and will know their in for a hard fought game up in Dundee, but every team in the 16 is there on merit and for me I wont be surprised if theirs a few so called upsets just my opinion

I wouldn't be surprised if you did beat them after your last round victory against Thorn. Glenburn are a very good side

A bit disrespectful thinking it would be a surprise if we beat Glenburn, I'm sure Glenburn are a good side and will know their in for a hard fought game up in Dundee, but every team in the 16 is there on merit and for me I wont be surprised if theirs a few so called upsets just my opinion

Hearing from a Harestane's player that flaggate hasnt gone away. Refere has mentioned it in his report and being decided at a Committee this week whether to replay etc. Harestanes paragraph in their protest withdrawal about being happy for SAFA to make a decision IF its in the refs report now could look like they had some inside information.

Hearing from a Harestane's player that flaggate hasnt gone away. Refere has mentioned it in his report and being decided at a Committee this week whether to replay etc. Harestanes paragraph in their protest withdrawal about being happy for SAFA to make a decision IF its in the refs report now could look like they had some inside information.

As an aside quite a few Harestanes players none too chuffed about the situation.

3 hours ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

Your inside knowledge is completely farcical, making up absolute nonsense just to stir the proverbial pot.  So in layman's terms you've not got a scooby stop talking shite.

Edited by Used to be a pler

We're no still talking about this, Eastfield will play Lauriston on sat and that will be the end if it. Even if the SAFA were to favour a replay I doubt very much the Harestanes players would want to play it now.

Only talking about it because Harestanes telling folk its to be discussed/decided upon at a meeting at Hampden this week. Appreciate its been talked to death but I think like everyone else i thought that it was finished with. It clearly isnt yet.

We have been cited to appear tomorrow at Hampden. I’d be surprised if we were not playing Eastfield on Saturday though. 

Nonsense, hopefully common sense will apply. It stinks that Eastfield had the forsight to put a paragraph in that they would accept any decision if the SAFA decide to pursue anything in the referees report. Almost as if they had been told it was in the referees report and withdrew protest to take some of the heat off them at the time. They could have just said they accepted the result and do not want a replay. Maybe they will do the right thing tomorrow at Hampden and tell them they accept the result.

Nonsense, hopefully common sense will apply. It stinks that Eastfield had the forsight to put a paragraph in that they would accept any decision if the SAFA decide to pursue anything in the referees report. Almost as if they had been told it was in the referees report and withdrew protest to take some of the heat off them at the time. They could have just said they accepted the result and do not want a replay. Maybe they will do the right thing tomorrow at Hampden and tell them they accept the result.

*Harestanes.

At tonight’s meeting at Hampden, Lauriston Thistle have been warned about future conduct and fined for not having corner flags in the last round. 

Had Harestanes not withdrawn their protest, we are told we would have faced a replay or even being thrown out. 

Glad the matter is now done and dusted. 

At tonight’s meeting at Hampden, Lauriston Thistle have been warned about future conduct and fined for not having corner flags in the last round. 

Had Harestanes not withdrawn their protest, we are told we would have faced a replay or even being thrown out. 

Great, common sense prevailed, well done

2 hours ago, Dinsey said:

Oaft harestanes took an absolute power on here and afterwards came the old “ aye they’ve only appealed then withdrew it to get the ball rolling watch this space they know people on the scottish committee trust me this will be a replay no doubt it “. What absolute hearsay and utter pish talk btw!

On 15/01/2020 at 20:47, Wallygog said:

A very crafty move from Harestanes. They have done enough to set the ball rolling then took a step back to make it look they are the good guys knowing full well some of their chums at the SAFA will finish the job off for them once the Referee confirms there were no flags.

Can't really blame the SAFA, they have been put in a position to act as there has been a breach of competition rules. Sore one for Laurieston which they might need to take on the chin while Harestanes don't come out of it with much credit.

On 15/01/2020 at 21:38, october said:

As I suspected and stated in an earlier post, Harestanes will be well guided by the Central Scottish Committee on how to get the match replayed. Mr Dingwall will have told them to appeal, then withdraw the appeal and by then the SAFA will have all the info / ammunition to have the game replayed due to a breach of Scottish Cup rules.
Mr Dingwall / Harestanes / Central Scottish League doing their best to force another team through to the last 16 at ANY cost. League and Club should be ashamed of themselves

League should be ashamed of themselves. Oh dear

Edited by The Mouth