Scottish Cup

Amateur Footie Fan

just catch up on all this it looks like the rule 15 that was quoted hasnt been followed as laurie are saying there captain never signed the team sheet if that is the case then there is no way it can be heard thats what i would argue if i was laurie the game should have been stopped and harestanes tell the ref and laurie captain and it says in that rule they have to write it on the team sheet and it has to be signed when they complain that couldnt be done cos it was after the game it is a disgrace if this is not thrown out on that rule alone yes there may not have been flags but they had to do the protest the right way during the game matter closed im surprised a team that plays to the rules so much never knew that 

Edited by Thekeeper

Guest Rob Roy no 1
7 minutes ago, Thekeeper said:

just catch up on all this it looks like the rule 15 that was quoted hasnt been followed as laurie are saying there captain never signed the team sheet if that is the case then there is no way it can be heard thats what i would argue if i was laurie the game should have been stopped and harestanes tell the ref and laurie captain and it says in that rule they have to write it on the team sheet and it has to be signed when they complain that couldnt be done cos it was after the game it is a disgrace if this is not thrown out on that rule alone yes there may not have been flags but they had to do the protest the right way during the game matter closed im surprised a team that plays to the rules so much never knew that 

There is obviously something more to this as harestanes would have checked the rule before protesting. Don’t think there committee are that daft 

If the ref didnt know that rule about signing the team sheets then how was it supposed to happen? Until it was put on here I hadn't heard that before and I doubt many people would have. Harestanes do indeed look like they have a case of sour grapes, but being the devils advocate here, what if it was pointed out to the ref, and the ref dismissed/ told them to get on with it, in that case Harestanes are probably within their right to appeal and maybe had intended to all along

5 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

If the ref didnt know that rule about signing the team sheets then how was it supposed to happen? Until it was put on here I hadn't heard that before and I doubt many people would have. Harestanes do indeed look like they have a case of sour grapes, but being the devils advocate here, what if it was pointed out to the ref, and the ref dismissed/ told them to get on with it, in that case Harestanes are probably within their right to appeal and maybe had intended to all along

if he never knew then harestanes would have told the ref the rule  and it would have been followed it is them that has to start it by saying we want to protest so get laurie captain in and put it on the teamsheet it is up to them to make sure they do this properly and they havnt by the sound of things 

47 minutes ago, Thekeeper said:

If Harestanes didn't follow rule 15, their appeal should be thrown out

16 minutes ago, Thekeeper said:

if he never knew then harestanes would have told the ref the rule  and it would have been followed it is them that has to start it by saying we want to protest so get laurie captain in and put it on the teamsheet it is up to them to make sure they do this properly and they havnt by the sound of things 

Agreed. Regardless of whether the referee knew about rule 15 or not, it is Harestane's responsibility to ensure the rule is followed.

On 13/01/2020 at 21:33, Safa corrupt.. Never said:

Defo have lodged a complaint and have informed Laurie. Think if replay ordered they better have a stab proof vest sponser or a tin hat sponser cause this could get tasty in Pilton lol . Wouldn't like to be the snakes in the pit 😬😬dodgy dodgy. Best of luck but hopefully sporting integrity provails 

Just seen your comments in a group chat. I think the police have been informed and I'm not joking. 

4 minutes ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

But saying if the referee has mentioned it in his report and the SAFA want to progress it then theyre happy with that. Wonder if they have been tipped the wink that its in the refs report......

That's the way I read it too. Are they withdrawing it in the knowledge that the SAFA will investigate it anyway, time will tell...

14 minutes ago, Cocopop50 said:

Just seen your comments in a group chat. I think the police have been informed and I'm not joking. Was

Was a tongue and cheek comment and was by no way a threat of my intentions. Maybe a bit silly but was merely stating an opinion that although in hindsight was maybe a bit silly but a op9nion/comment not a threat 

"Without prejudice, if the SAFA and relevant Committee wish to pursue the matter on the back of the referee's report, then it is without an appeal from Harestanes".

If that turns out to be the case then it stinks. Could be suggested they were made aware its in the report. Time will tell I suppose

Guest Rob Roy no 1

Why would the ref put it in his report if he went ahead with the match and not spoke to the home team to ask why they are not in place. Think that makes the ref look silly.