Scottish Cup

Amateur Footie Fan

6 hours ago, Spyro said:

I agree that Harestanes haven’t covered themselves in glory BUT... Who ‘hosts’ a Scottish Cup game (or any game) without corner flags whether it be a their home ground or moved elsewhere? Bit tinpot if you ask me

Exactly..provide the environment fitting for a big scottish tie.

Yeah we get all that. Incredibly naive of the home side etc etc. But why did the ref play the tie and why did harestanes not raise the issue beforehand? Seems to me it was their insurance policy all along. That's the stinking part. 
I'm not defending harestanes at all, they lost and the absence of corner flags clearly had no bearing on the result. Blame on both parties I think

Guest Rob Roy no 1
28 minutes ago, Dinsey said:

No letter yet, I expect that will arrive today as we should receive one from Harestanes. 

Have you spoken to anyone in the league committee regarding it.

5 minutes ago, Rob Roy no 1 said:

Have you spoken to anyone in the league committee regarding it.

There’s not much anyone can do or say until it’s all received by relevant parties. Our chairman should find out more details today. 

My own personal opinion based on a lot of stuff that has been sent to me on social media (by complete strangers backing us) is that it won’t go very far. 

Edited by Dinsey

Seen stranger things happen with the safa but good luck hopefully they get told to bolt

There’s not much anyone can do or say until it’s all received by relevant parties. Our chairman should find out more details today. 

My own personal opinion based on a lot of stuff that has been sent to me on social media (by complete strangers backing us) is that it won’t go very far. 

Dinsey, I hope for urs and the ammie games sake that turns out to be the case.

I think for Harestanes to make the decision to appeal and face the inevitable backlash, they must be confident of getting atleast a replay.

If not they have made a huge error and I dont think they would have put the Club in the position it is in now if they werent 100% confident.

Social media is in meltdown over the Harestanes appeal. I thought I would share my view.

For me, the decision on the appeal should be based on whether or not a couple of rules were followed.

1. "Goal Nets and Corner Flags must be used in all matches." - Laurie clearly didn't follow this rule, of that there is no doubt.

2. "Protests relative to ground, goalposts or other appurtenances, and violation of rule, must be intimated to the referee and to the captain of the opposing team at the time the infringement takes place with such protest being made in writing on the reverse side of the team lines, witnessed and signed by both team captains." - Did Harestanes follow this rule?

In my opinion, if Harestanes protested about the lack of corner flags to the referee and the opposing team prior to kick-off, then the safa committee should order a replay. However, if Harestanes did not protest the lack of corner flags before the game, then both teams have not followed the rules and the committee should reject the appeal.

Harestanes have been getting a lot of stick since they appealed, but to be fair to them, if they did officially protest before the game started, they are within their rights to appeal, although I am sure most other amateur teams would not appeal on the grounds of missing corner flags.

If Harestanes did not complain before the game was underway, then, in my opinion, they were happy to play without corner flags. If the result had gone their way, there would have been no mention of the lack of corner flags afterwards. However, when they unexpectedly lost, they decided to appeal. To me, it is a desperate attempt to stay in the competition and is quite frankly pathetic and embarrassing!

In my opinion, the lack of corner flags had no bearing on the game or the result. Harestanes lost the game fair and square and they should have taken it on the chin, congratulated Laurie and moved on, but they decided to appeal and are now a laughingstock.

Harestanes have lost all respect in the world of amateur football and whilst the damage has already been done to a certain extent, they may gain some respect back if they do the honourable thing and withdraw their appeal and let Laurie, who deservedly won on the day, progress to the next round.

Let sporting integrity prevail!!

49 minutes ago, Justaplayer said:

Social media is in meltdown over the Harestanes appeal. I thought I would share my view.

For me, the decision on the appeal should be based on whether or not a couple of rules were followed.

1. "Goal Nets and Corner Flags must be used in all matches." - Laurie clearly didn't follow this rule, of that there is no doubt.

2. "Protests relative to ground, goalposts or other appurtenances, and violation of rule, must be intimated to the referee and to the captain of the opposing team at the time the infringement takes place with such protest being made in writing on the reverse side of the team lines, witnessed and signed by both team captains." - Did Harestanes follow this rule?

In my opinion, if Harestanes protested about the lack of corner flags to the referee and the opposing team prior to kick-off, then the safa committee should order a replay. However, if Harestanes did not protest the lack of corner flags before the game, then both teams have not followed the rules and the committee should reject the appeal.

Harestanes have been getting a lot of stick since they appealed, but to be fair to them, if they did officially protest before the game started, they are within their rights to appeal, although I am sure most other amateur teams would not appeal on the grounds of missing corner flags.

If Harestanes did not complain before the game was underway, then, in my opinion, they were happy to play without corner flags. If the result had gone their way, there would have been no mention of the lack of corner flags afterwards. However, when they unexpectedly lost, they decided to appeal. To me, it is a desperate attempt to stay in the competition and is quite frankly pathetic and embarrassing!

In my opinion, the lack of corner flags had no bearing on the game or the result. Harestanes lost the game fair and square and they should have taken it on the chin, congratulated Laurie and moved on, but they decided to appeal and are now a laughingstock.

Harestanes have lost all respect in the world of amateur football and whilst the damage has already been done to a certain extent, they may gain some respect back if they do the honourable thing and withdraw their appeal and let Laurie, who deservedly won on the day, progress to the next round.

Tottaly agree 

The decision really hinges on the referee imo. His report holds the answer but I also feel he had the most to answer for. Yes Laurie never had corner flags out and there is excuses for that ie new astro Park to them and also the use of flags would have been pointless and been blowing away. But for some one paid to be the official then thsy person should Have carried out all pre match checks ie nets OK, ball OK, flags OK and handing out linesman flags. At that point both teams would have knew where they stood on playing on without them. Seems the safa who provide the ref have to take a share of this as he is an employee of them who should do what he's paid to do. 

Great post

17 minutes ago, LoveFitbaw said:

Surely all this will need sorted out fairly soon as the next round is due to be played in 3 weeks time I think? 

2 weeks on Saturday, unless this is rushed through then I don’t think we will be up by then.