Scottish Cup

Amateur Footie Fan

Unlikely this story will ever end, But I think it’s fair to say Harestanes have embarrassed, No humiliated themselves and Amateur Football by appealing the result. They clearly knew there were no flags, but decided they would do nothing, and use this as insurance should they get beat.
They lost fair and square, Then in goes the appeal - Absolutely Shocking.
I’m sure they will have been guided by The Central Scottish League as they are the worst losers in Amateur Football as well and The Sepp Blatter of Amateur Football ( mr Dingwall ) will guide them thru the appeal process as he will do anything to get his teams through in the National Cup Competitions. Harestanes and the Central Scottish AFL possibly the biggest embarrassments ever in Scottish Amateur Football, No wonder it’s made the National Press !!!!!

Defo have lodged a complaint and have informed Laurie. Think if replay ordered they better have a stab proof vest sponser or a tin hat sponser cause this could get tasty in Pilton lol . Wouldn't like to be the snakes in the pit [emoji51][emoji51]dodgy dodgy. Best of luck but hopefully sporting integrity provails 
Stab proof vests over an amateur game of football ? Settle down you absolute wet wipe. Lauriston should be in the next round and it stinks harestanes have lodged an appeal , either way if a replay is to be had hope they go and beat them again.

Guest Rob Roy no 1
8 hours ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

Well well, on twitter and the manager of Alford who were beaten by Harestanes, AT HARESTANES 3G, in the last round of the Scottish has just posted picture of game with NO CORNER FLAGS. Seems Harestanes are all about the importance of rules only when they get beat. Could they make more of an arse of themselves??

Think you have made a bigger arse of yourself with your statement when it was the warm up picture you seen 😂😂😂😂

Think we could talk about the legalities of this all day long. There will be a rule in place and harestanes at worst will get a replay and I would not be surprised if they got put straight through. However harestanes credibility will forever be shot in the game and will have no respect ever again from their opponents. They were not good enough on the day and lost and instead of doing the honourable thing of wishing their opponents luck in the next round they resort too this.  Worst still, harestanes on their day are good enough too win the Scottish.....how would that look if that happened? SAFA would be a laughing stock 

I agree that Harestanes haven’t covered themselves in glory BUT... Who ‘hosts’ a Scottish Cup game (or any game) without corner flags whether it be a their home ground or moved elsewhere? Bit tinpot if you ask me

Edited by Spyro

Think we could talk about the legalities of this all day long. There will be a rule in place and harestanes at worst will get a replay and I would not be surprised if they got put straight through. However harestanes credibility will forever be shot in the game and will have no respect ever again from their opponents. They were not good enough on the day and lost and instead of doing the honourable thing of wishing their opponents luck in the next round they resort too this.  Worst still, harestanes on their day are good enough too win the Scottish.....how would that look if that happened? SAFA would be a laughing stock 

I think you are being a bit harsh and unkind to Harestanes. Allegedly they did wish their opponents all the best in the next round etc. Unfortunately they then sneaked in a letter of protest the minute they got home.

34 minutes ago, Spyro said:

I agree that Harestanes haven’t covered themselves in glory BUT... Who ‘hosts’ a Scottish Cup game (or any game) without corner flags whether it be a their home ground or moved elsewhere? Bit tinpot if you ask me

I dont think many if any will disagree with this. Still doesn't change what I said though 

If memory serves me correctly, Harestanes were involved in a hearing following a Scottish tie a good number of years ago. Again, not 100% on what happened and what the outcome was but I think both they and Bannockburn may have been turfed out following a rammy in a Scottish tie towards the later stages say 5/6 years ago?

Not linked to this case right enough but just reminiscing :) Can anyone remember the details?

Hasn't it been common knowledge that corner flags are necessary for scottish cup ties for years? I vaguely remember being told by a league official that if you played a tie without them it would automatically void the tie? I would have thought any team booking a park would have asked if they needed to provide their own corner flags. On the point about it being windy, if they blow over so be it, at least they are there in the first place?

46 minutes ago, Hands_Free said:

If memory serves me correctly, Harestanes were involved in a hearing following a Scottish tie a good number of years ago. Again, not 100% on what happened and what the outcome was but I think both they and Bannockburn may have been turfed out following a rammy in a Scottish tie towards the later stages say 5/6 years ago?

Not linked to this case right enough but just reminiscing :) Can anyone remember the details?

The famous battle of kirky high!!! Lol

21 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

Hasn't it been common knowledge that corner flags are necessary for scottish cup ties for years? I vaguely remember being told by a league official that if you played a tie without them it would automatically void the tie? I would have thought any team booking a park would have asked if they needed to provide their own corner flags. On the point about it being windy, if they blow over so be it, at least they are there in the first place?

Yeah we get all that. Incredibly naive of the home side etc etc. But why did the ref play the tie and why did harestanes not raise the issue beforehand? Seems to me it was their insurance policy all along. That's the stinking part.