Scottish Cup

Amateur Footie Fan

2 hours ago, NewBallsPlease said:

To those quoting rules etc, this is a genuine question.

IF a team raised a problem with, for example, corner flags and the referee didn’t know he/she should have captains sign team lines what would happen? You can hardly ‘punish’ a team because the referee didn’t know what they were supposed to do.

Like I said, it’s a genuine question and not designed to criticise anyone.

No idea about the ins and outs of the Scottish Amateur Cup, but generally it is the responsibility of the club, not the referee, to know the ins and outs of the competition rules. The referee is there primarily to enforce the Laws of the Game, not these sorts of specific association rules.

9 minutes ago, Gav Lenin said:

Hopefully whoever listens to the ‘appeal’ see’s sense and chucks it out the window. Harestanes need to dry there eyes and get on with it, denying Laurieston their well earned victory would be a scandal

I cant see it getting thrown out unfortunately for lauriston. Theres no way this appeal goes in unless harestanes r confident of getting something from it. 

Harestanes probably officially the most hated team in ammie fitbaw now.

Come back Mick Kennedy and the Colville boys all is forgiven!! Lol

4 minutes ago, StraightOuttaEOS said:

Why is no one on here thinking it’s a complete embarrassment the coaching staff / committee of Lauriston have been daft enough not to put the corner flags out? Only got themselves to blame here, regardless how we all view it!!

Geez peace mate, I’ve been playing Amateur football for 10+ year and its never crossed my mind once to check and see if the corner flags are out. It makes absolutely 0 impact on the match or outcome, unless you’re a big name whose been pumped out unexpectedly.

3 minutes ago, StraightOuttaEOS said:

Why is no one on here thinking it’s a complete embarrassment the coaching staff / committee of Lauriston have been daft enough not to put the corner flags out? Only got themselves to blame here, regardless how we all view it!!

Don't think the venue had them. Agree tottaly with you though that's very embarrassing for the club. Left themselves wide open  but ffs it's very very scummy and lacking class. The flags would never have made an impact on game. Very intriguing to see how plays out

When would this case be heard..?

2 hours ago, stfu said:

They don’t need to appeal if the ref put it in his report then the game will be replayed regardless, harestanes should do the decent thing and withdraw from the cup therefore giving lauriston the tie.

This. Is what my earlier post was referring to. 

1 hour ago, D00074 said:

You can start a game with no nets. Corner flags are a MUST though.

Not at lower levels of football - as outlined by IFAB in laws of the game. 

the mandatory use of flags can still be a local rule though. 

Guest Mick Kennedy
36 minutes ago, Redondo said:

I cant see it getting thrown out unfortunately for lauriston. Theres no way this appeal goes in unless harestanes r confident of getting something from it. 

Harestanes probably officially the most hated team in ammie fitbaw now.

Come back Mick Kennedy and the Colville boys all is forgiven!! Lol

Haha who would have thought our title could be stolen.

I’m surprised I haven’t had the blame.

Guest Mick Kennedy
4 minutes ago, Redondo said:

Whats ur take on all this?

I wouldn’t have appealed But that just my decision, I won’t criticise them as it’s easy to take the moral high ground when your not in that position. 

They have decided to appeal a decision, they will have to live by that decision. The club has came in for massive criticism, I’m sure some people are jumping on the band wagon. 

What I will say they have been a massive rival in my time playing and managing in amateur football, had a few disagreements with them over the years. But there are good people at the club, some of the committee, management team and players. Some of them my ex players who have had outstanding success at this level. 

There are no winners in this situation, what I would also say it’s not a story worth reaching the national press

Well well, on twitter and the manager of Alford who were beaten by Harestanes, AT HARESTANES 3G, in the last round of the Scottish has just posted picture of game with NO CORNER FLAGS. Seems Harestanes are all about the importance of rules only when they get beat. Could they make more of an arse of themselves??

Guest Mick Kennedy
6 minutes ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

Well well, on twitter and the manager of Alford who were beaten by Harestanes, AT HARESTANES 3G, in the last round of the Scottish has just posted picture of game with NO CORNER FLAGS.

Tam Murray has just posted and updated photo of the game with flags mate, I think the first photo was during the warm up