Scottish Cup

Amateur Footie Fan

21 minutes ago, gus75 said:

My understanding is Harestanes don’t have to appeal,if ref has asked home team and there’s no corner flags he will finish game and say in his report no corner flags were present,it would then go to committee level and if found to be the case Laurieston will be disqualified for breaking rules and harestanes will go through to next round

Spanner and works spring to mind 😂😂

To those quoting rules etc, this is a genuine question.

IF a team raised a problem with, for example, corner flags and the referee didn’t know he/she should have captains sign team lines what would happen? You can hardly ‘punish’ a team because the referee didn’t know what they were supposed to do.

Like I said, it’s a genuine question and not designed to criticise anyone.

Guest Rob Roy no 1
1 minute ago, NewBallsPlease said:

IF a team raised a problem with, for example, corner flags and the referee didn’t know he/she should have captains sign team lines what would happen? You can hardly ‘punish’ a team because the referee didn’t know what they were supposed to do.

They shouldn’t be refereeing if this is the case.

7 minutes ago, NewBallsPlease said:

Referees are quick to use the old “check the rule book” shout when they are justifying their decisions during a game.

as rob roy says, if they aren't aware of protocol, they shouldn't be doing the job.

My understanding is Harestanes don’t have to appeal,if ref has asked home team and there’s no corner flags he will finish game and say in his report no corner flags were present,it would then go to committee level and if found to be the case Laurieston will be disqualified for breaking rules and harestanes will go through to next round

Pish

Following from Gus75.... I have a question - and I’m interested to know how it would play. (It may well be a lot of shite)...

...but in the Scottish this season, there’s been games played that have been ended incorrectly (extra time played when it should have went straight to Pens). In these cases, neither losing team has appealed. But the games were recast once it was brought to the SAFA attention (either through the refs own report or maybe even social conversation). In one of these cases, the losing team actually put it to the SAFA that they had no issue about the result and weren’t seeking to get back in. So, it looks like there are certain things that can happen that will result in a decision being made - regardless of an appeal being submitted or not. 

Now, what I am wondering is.... could this scenario be one of those scenarios that a decision is made regardless of an appeal being made or not?

Simply because the competition rules state that flags must be used. Does it come down to the fact that the pitch didn’t have the prerequisite equipment in place in order to fulfil the fixture in accordance with the rules - and as such will be recast?

Thoughts?

1 minute ago, Rob Roy no 1 said:

Can sumone explain why there was no flags in place. That’s like playing a match way no nets it’s part of the set up.

Flags by law are not essential ‘at lower levels of football’ - a consequence of this is each league and association have Their own local rules. Some leagues will allow games without flags and some don’t. 

Guest Rob Roy no 1
Just now, Gunner said:

Flags by law are not essential ‘at lower levels of football’ - a consequence of this is each league and association have Their own local rules. Some leagues will allow games without flags and some don’t. 

I do understand that but not in a Scottish cup tie. Still don’t know who is responsible for putting them out.

Guest Rob Roy no 1
Just now, Redondo said:

Home teams responsibility. 

I was meaning more along the lines of is it a grounds man to blame or was the players to put them out.

1 minute ago, Rob Roy no 1 said:

I was meaning more along the lines of is it a grounds man to blame or was the players to put them out.

Usually a committee member but cud be anyone, player coach . Someone shud have made sure they were out.

Imo the refs is the main man here, if he approached the 2 teams and made it clear there were no corner flags and both teams were happy to play then thats that.

If he approached lauriston during game and raised a concern and nothing was done then lauriston have left thereself wide open. 

Harestanes r long in the tooth and will know if they can exploit the rule or no and a hink there silence speaks volumes. 

If appeal goes in then there will be a replay dont see any other outcome.

Guest Rob Roy no 1
3 minutes ago, Redondo said:

Usually a committee member but cud be anyone, player coach . Someone shud have made sure they were out.

Imo the refs is the main man here, if he approached the 2 teams and made it clear there were no corner flags and both teams were happy to play then thats that.

If he approached lauriston during game and raised a concern and nothing was done then lauriston have left thereself wide open. 

Harestanes r long in the tooth and will know if they can exploit the rule or no and a hink there silence speaks volumes. 

If appeal goes in then there will be a replay dont see any other outcome.

Couldn’t agree more I think harestanes know there is an appeal to be heard or nothing would have been said about the matter. Lauriston need to take whatever happens on the chin as it is a silly mistake to make and I think they would do the same if the roles were reversed.

Guest Rob Roy no 1
3 minutes ago, king Henrik7 said:

I’d be embarrassed if I was associated with Harestanes and playing that reply. As someone said early in the thread it was a free hit for Harestanes. If they won the game I doubt the home would be lodging same appeal

They can’t lodge an appeal as they are to blame with being the home team