Scottish Cup

Amateur Footie Fan

3 minutes ago, Redondo said:

Sounds to me like the ref has told Harestanes he raised it to urselfs, nothing was done and theyve kept it up there sleeve to use as a mulligan!!!

See the rule above though mate, not allowed to do that. They would have to have at that point raise a protest as per rule 15. 

Edited by Dinsey

Good mate. As u say then. If one rule is to be followed then they all must be. Personally I hope they are told to get to f**k and get their own facilities up to standard before complaining about other teams.

Rule 15 of Scottish Amateur Cup Rules:
Protests relating to ground, goalposts or other appurtenances and violation of rule, must be intimated to the referee and to the captain of the opposing team at the time the infringement takes place with such protest being made in writing on the reverse side of the teamlines, witnessed and signed by both team captains 

DID NOT HAPPEN 

Guest Rob Roy no 1
13 minutes ago, Dinsey said:

It wasn’t. 

Put the shoe on the other foot if the game was at harestanes would they appeal if there was no corner flags and they lost. Yes of course they would.

4 minutes ago, Dinsey said:

See the rule above though mate, not allowed to do that. They would have to have at that point raise a protest as per rule 15. 

The ref may be at fault here then, I think it all boils down to if Harestanes raised it to the ref throughout the course of the game?

Guest Rob Roy no 1
Just now, eyeswideopen15 said:

You do realise that's the Lauri manager your talking to emoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

I’m only stating the obvious mate. What’s the big deal if they no the rules and they haven’t been followed in the correct procedure. They are obviously worried about something.

1 minute ago, Rob Roy no 1 said:

I’m only stating the obvious mate. What’s the big deal if they no the rules and they haven’t been followed in the correct procedure. They are obviously worried about something.

This makes no sense then, you can’t complain about one rule being broken whilst breaking another 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think his point is that if lauriston haven't followed the rules correctly and are to be punished then surely it should only be if the rules on protests are also followed correctly as well

Guest Rob Roy no 1
Just now, Dinsey said:

This makes no sense then, you can’t complain about one rule being broken whilst breaking another 🤷🏻‍♂️

We’re did the news come from that the ref was informed a ht?

If it was highligted at half time then it should have been sorted. I feel for Dinsey/Lauriston on this one as they should still be celebrating a famous victory & looking forward to fridays draw but it seems Harestanes have raised it to the ref, he has raised it to the home side and nothing has been done. 
Harestanes still had a decision to make after the defeat and it appears theyve went for the appeal.  Alot of folk quick to take the moral high ground here but faced with a similar choice a wonder what theyd really do??

Still defending them??

1 minute ago, Rob Roy no 1 said:

We’re did the news come from that the ref was informed a ht?

Haven’t a clue mate but I’m sure we would also have been informed which we weren't. 

Let’s see what happens as of yet we’ve heard nothing so it’s all speculation until we do, that’s if we do.  

Guest Rob Roy no 1
10 minutes ago, Dinsey said:

Haven’t a clue mate but I’m sure we would also have been informed which we weren't. 

Let’s see what happens as of yet we’ve heard nothing so it’s all speculation until we do, that’s if we do.  

I wouldn’t be worried if I was you then mate going by the rule you stated above. 

Contrary to the rules, a complaint must have and should have been made at the time.

I don't think corner flags would have made a different a difference to the result? This seasons favourites for the Scottish knocked out and sour grapes...

Life goes on, and hopefully one of the 3 LEAFA sides left in can pick up the trophy.

Wonder if the Glasgow FA will find in Harestanes favour, I hope not.

My understanding is Harestanes don’t have to appeal,if ref has asked home team and there’s no corner flags he will finish game and say in his report no corner flags were present,it would then go to committee level and if found to be the case Laurieston will be disqualified for breaking rules and harestanes will go through to next round