Scottish Cup

Amateur Footie Fan

The home club are at fault if they didn’t provide corner flags. They certainly won’t forget to put them out again.

I don't think that is in any doubt but if the opposition were happy to start and never mentioned it until they looked like going, or were already, out of the Cup it's a major embarrassment to then appeal. They have shown themselves up to the whole of Scottish Ammy football community imho. Sell your whole Clubs reputation for the last 16 of the Scottish, riddy

Guest Rob Roy no 1
6 minutes ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

I don't think that is in any doubt but if the opposition were happy to start and never mentioned it until they looked like going, or were already, out of the Cup it's a major embarrassment to then appeal. They have shown themselves up to the whole of Scottish Ammy football community imho. Sell your whole Clubs reputation for the last 16 of the Scottish, riddy

I understand that. But no one knows if they failed to mention it before the game so only time will tell. 

Surely any ref worth their salt would have mentioned to both teams about the lack of corner flags ? If it's been mentioned and harestanes have still lodged an appeal its lower than a snakes belly. If not then I know corner flags are required for scottish cup ties so it's the rules. Stinks of sour grapes though.

Thought protest had to be done within a certain time scale of said game being played?

It’s probably wise that I don’t say much of my personal opinion as I really don’t know what’s happening. 

What I will say though is at no point before the game was corner flags mentioned or brought to anyone’s attention from our side, to be honest it’s not even something I’d think about. 

To me, the game was played as it should have been. The ref quickly asked early during first half if there was any but that was it, never heard anything else until I was informed that there was something on here and twitter. If it was a massive issue I’d have expected protest procedure to kick in before or during and certainly not after the game was lost. I now know what’s happened after the game - it will be interesting to see if anything comes of it because there are also clear rules on protests. If rules are rules then it’s for all rules. 

Heard Harestanes are appealing their free breakfast at Nonnas Kitchen after it came to light no napkins were present.

Didnt seem a problem originally as the meal was completed without incident although club officials were later witnessed clutching at straws..

Other news now they were happy with the corner flags and table albeit it was a little tight!!

Screenshot_20200113-131827_PicsArt.jpg

Heard Harestanes are appealing their free breakfast at Nonnas Kitchen after it came to light no napkins were present.
Didnt seem a problem originally as the meal was completed without incident although club officials were later witnessed clutching at straws..
Other news now they were happy with the corner flags and table albeit it was a little tight!!
Screenshot_20200113-131827_PicsArt.jpg.a13dec27eebdeab2fd2dff986c0a3d2f.jpg

Absolutely Howling ... Amazing haha

27 minutes ago, RedFlagDay said:

Screenshot_20200113-131827_PicsArt.jpg

😂😂 brilliant 

1 hour ago, Rob Roy no 1 said:

I understand that. But no one knows if they failed to mention it before the game so only time will tell. 

The manager of Laurieston has confirmed that no mention of the corner flags was made before the game. The first he got asked about them was by the referee at half time. but at no point were they told the opposition had an issue with the pitch having none. 

If this had been highlighted before the game then maybe Laurieston may have been able to arrange something. It sounds like total sour grapes from a club who have went all out to win the Scottish this year, adding a lot of ex colville etc to their squad. They are one of the big clubs in the amateur game and it seems mental to think that they would damage their own reputation by appealing this. 

Harestanes are embarrassing themselves with this appeal. 

18 minutes ago, ekfootball said:

The manager of Laurieston has confirmed that no mention of the corner flags was made before the game. The first he got asked about them was by the referee at half time. but at no point were they told the opposition had an issue with the pitch having none. 

If this had been highlighted before the game then maybe Laurieston may have been able to arrange something. It sounds like total sour grapes from a club who have went all out to win the Scottish this year, adding a lot of ex colville etc to their squad. They are one of the big clubs in the amateur game and it seems mental to think that they would damage their own reputation by appealing this. 

Harestanes are embarrassing themselves with this appeal. 

If it was highligted at half time then it should have been sorted. I feel for Dinsey/Lauriston on this one as they should still be celebrating a famous victory & looking forward to fridays draw but it seems Harestanes have raised it to the ref, he has raised it to the home side and nothing has been done. 

Harestanes still had a decision to make after the defeat and it appears theyve went for the appeal.  Alot of folk quick to take the moral high ground here but faced with a similar choice a wonder what theyd really do??

8 minutes ago, Redondo said:

If it was highligted at half time then it should have been sorted. I feel for Dinsey/Lauriston on this one as they should still be celebrating a famous victory & looking forward to fridays draw but it seems Harestanes have raised it to the ref, he has raised it to the home side and nothing has been done. 

Harestanes still had a decision to make after the defeat and it appears theyve went for the appeal.  Alot of folk quick to take the moral high ground here but faced with a similar choice a wonder what theyd really do??

Not true mate. 

3 hours ago, Dinsey said:

It’s probably wise that I don’t say much of my personal opinion as I really don’t know what’s happening. 

What I will say though is at no point before the game was corner flags mentioned or brought to anyone’s attention from our side, to be honest it’s not even something I’d think about. 

To me, the game was played as it should have been. The ref quickly asked early during first half if there was any but that was it, never heard anything else until I was informed that there was something on here and twitter. If it was a massive issue I’d have expected protest procedure to kick in before or during and certainly not after the game was lost. I now know what’s happened after the game - it will be interesting to see if anything comes of it because there are also clear rules on protests. If rules are rules then it’s for all rules. 

During 1st half m8?

Just now, Redondo said:

Fair enough m8, thats the way i read it. No one from Harestanes is shedding any light on it so it hard to understand why the appeal if it wasnt raised.

If there was a protest going in, we would have to be aware of it as our captain would be required to sign the back of the team sheet at the moment it was raised during the game. 

Just now, eyeswideopen15 said:

Not sure how the scottish cup works but in ayrshire you have ( I'm sure ) 3 days after the game to lodge a protest about a fixture

Rule 15 of Scottish Amateur Cup Rules:
Protests relating to ground, goalposts or other appurtenances and violation of rule, must be intimated to the referee and to the captain of the opposing team at the time the infringement takes place with such protest being made in writing on the reverse side of the teamlines, witnessed and signed by both team captains 

DID NOT HAPPEN 

26 minutes ago, Redondo said:

If it was my team the defeat would be taken on the chin. Corner flags for f**k sake.

this is a different scenario from an ineligible player for example