Scottish Cup

Amateur Footie Fan

If rules are rules then why did ref let the game go ahead in the first place, and why did Harestanes not make a complaint before the game even kicked off since the not having corner flags would affect their game that much hahaha fs if rules are rules a fine at most a replay very harsh, if I was the Harestane Gaffer I'd lick my wounds and let it go

laurie won the game fare and square if harestanes where so concerned about flags they should have refused to play until it was done not after the game cos theyve lost they wont come out this with any credit if they do do it cos its a shithouse move after losing if i was a player i would be telling the manager and committee men not to embarrass the club cos thats what it would do they will be a joke take the loss and move on if you have anything about you yous are meant to be a big famous team in the ams no spitting the dummy when you lose.i hope common sense come into it flags would have been oan the pitch all game in that weather and useless

Surley if their is an issue with corner flags, the referee has to speak to both teams before the game and ensure they are happy with proceeding. If it's a case of Harestanes have just kept it up their sleeve until they've been beat then its an embarrassment. I know its been done in the past and it is technically the rules but it doesn't sit right with me and from what I've seen the majority of the amateur game. If Harestanes are considering an appeal I hope they reconsider and take the defeat on the chin. If my manager/committee were to do this then I would seriously reconsider the club I am part of tbh. 

49 minutes ago, NewBallsPlease said:

I fully expect Harestanes will also come under pressure from the CSAFL to appeal the decision. This hasn’t been a good year for them in the Scottish and the committee will be raging.

It has nothing to do with the committee, it will be harestanes decision if they appeal it , what r the league committee going to do if there is no appeal, kick Harestanes out the league? 

The point here is Harestanes r well within there rights to appeal there is a rule there and if they wish to use that to there advantage then its there choice. 

It may not stand well with the majority of Clubs within the amateur game but they have that choice to make if they want to go down that road. 

Strange one this. Harestanes obviously hurting after a defeat however there are a few things that nobody knows. How do we know that Harestanes did not raise the issue before the match with the match official? If they did and it was ignored then their grounds for appeal are probably justified. At the end of the day rules are rules, they are put in place for a reason, if they are broken then the appropriate sanctions will be imposed by the powers that be. Harestanes have been around for years, very experienced committee who I'm sure are all very aware of the different rules of all competitions. If Lauriston or the match official were not aware of such rules then I'm sure it will be lessons learned all round. May stink a bit but unfortunately that's life.

I think a big emphasis will be on when (And if) they telt the ref.

i.e If they’ve noticed and  kept it up their sleeve till after the game - it would leave a sour taste in anyone’s mouth. 

Or, if they’ve told the ref beforehand, early on or during the game they’re not happy theres  no flags (especially when the game was still at 0-0) - and the referee done nothing about it.... then I can see why they would want to complain about it. 

Both scenarios above paint Harestanes in different lights... neither are helping the ref though.

With IFAB making it acceptable that corner flags not always being available at ‘lower levels of football’ - it means that the association and the amateur leagues who are members can have their own local rule and position on this. I’m not aware of the LEAFA stance, but I know the CSAFL has it in their constitution that flags are mandatory... no flags no game (that might be why Harestanes have picked up on it). Contrary to that, I know the SSMAFL have it that if there are no flags the game should still go ahead and the home team reported by the referee (and they’ll probably be fined by the league). 

Anyways, does anyone know if an appeal has actually gone in? IF so and IF it’s to be replayed, am foning a sicky and heading through to watch that - what a game that’ll be! 

It has nothing to do with the committee, it will be harestanes decision if they appeal it , what r the league committee going to do if there is no appeal, kick Harestanes out the league? 
The point here is Harestanes r well within there rights to appeal there is a rule there and if they wish to use that to there advantage then its there choice. 
It may not stand well with the majority of Clubs within the amateur game but they have that choice to make if they want to go down that road. 

No, of course they won’t be thrown out the league. Don’t be ridiculous!

The point I’m making is that there is a certain arrogance about the CSAFL committee and they will be smarting at many of their big guns being humbled by teams from ‘diddy leagues’. This may provide an opportunity to have one of their number reinstated and I believe they will encourage the appeal.

5 minutes ago, NewBallsPlease said:

No, of course they won’t be thrown out the league. Don’t be ridiculous!

The point I’m making is that there is a certain arrogance about the CSAFL committee and they will be smarting at many of their big guns being humbled by teams from ‘diddy leagues’. This may provide an opportunity to have one of their number reinstated and I believe they will encourage the appeal.

It was a ridiculous comment to begin with, like a said it has nothing to do with the Committee. 

It just sounds like from people involved at Laurieston that no mention of no corner flags before, during or after the game. I believe that a referee will continue the game but will mark on the teamlines that a protest is in place from the opposition and leave it to the committee to decide. I believe this wasn't a park that Laurieston have ever used before and they moved the game their to ensure it got played. Various other issues with the pitch, size etc has been mentioned. End of the day its amateur football and if you get beat you should just take it on the chin. Things that do not enhance one teams chance of winning the game should not be appealed and a club who does should be ashamed. My information is that an appeal has been lodged. 

I was at the game as my team played on the 3G pitch before the Lauriston game and there was no flags as the jack Kane centre don’t have any for the 3G surface. Our ref was fine with it and both teams just got on with the game. During the first half in the Lauriston game the ref did ask if there was corner flags and was told there wasn’t any available and the game continued. IF harestanes have appealed then its farcical they should just accept they got beat on the day by a better side  and move on. Rule or no about the flags The harestanes players should be embarrassed to replay the game in my opinion and If it does get replayed it’s gonna be very tasty down at pilton that’s for sure! 

Defending the indefensible, embarrasing

I’ve just been told Harestanes have appealed. Don’t think they would have if they didn’t think it would be replayed. As they’ve a wealth of experience on committee

A wealth of experience but not a shred of sporting integrity. A laughing stock in Scotland if they have, as it appears, submitted this appeal. I would think every person involved in ammy game in Scotland outwith the Central League, will be supporting Lauriston big time.

It’s probably wise that I don’t say much of my personal opinion as I really don’t know what’s happening. 

What I will say though is at no point before the game was corner flags mentioned or brought to anyone’s attention from our side, to be honest it’s not even something I’d think about. 

To me, the game was played as it should have been. The ref quickly asked early during first half if there was any but that was it, never heard anything else until I was informed that there was something on here and twitter. If it was a massive issue I’d have expected protest procedure to kick in before or during and certainly not after the game was lost. I now know what’s happened after the game - it will be interesting to see if anything comes of it because there are also clear rules on protests. If rules are rules then it’s for all rules. 

Edited by Dinsey

Guest Rob Roy no 1
2 minutes ago, Dinsey said:

It’s probably wise that I don’t say much of my personal opinion as I really don’t know what’s happening. 

What I will say though is at no point before the game was corner flags mentioned or brought to anyone’s attention from our side, to be honest it’s not even something I’d think about. 

To me, the game was played as it should have been. The ref quickly asked early during first half if there was any but that was it, never heard anything else until I was informed that there was something on here and twitter. I now know what’s happened after the game - it will be interesting to see if anything comes of it because there are also clear rules on protests. If rules are rules then it’s for all rules. 

The home club are at fault if they didn’t provide corner flags. They certainly won’t forget to put them out again.