Scottish Cup

Amateur Footie Fan

7 minutes ago, Budandavodka said:

I don't think not having corner flags ever lost a team a game.....on an astro pitch in conditions like yesterday, no chance of remaining upright....

I could see the Harestanes committee complaining about no corner flags ifor they had won the tie.

Not.

I was told some of their committee had a word with the ref at half time about the pitch dimensions and even the position of the floodlights. 

Have they really appealed??? Sad days like. Like I said it’s I shitty wee 3G but it was the same shitty 3G you won the game on!!! I would be embarrassed if that was my team, take it on the chin, wish the lauri boys good luck and move on to the next game...

Dimensions and floodlight position I guess would be disputable (unless the ref or someone else can measure park lol).
SAFA competition rules state corner flags need to be there though (I think). 
I played in a game a few years ago against a side who were lot better than us. We played them on a brand new park at a school, albeit a bit small there was no issues. We got a very credible draw, they then complained that the park was too small, the league made us find out the official dimensions, we done so and we were informed by the local council that it was indeed 5 yards too short of official minimum length, game was replayed and we lost!

Guest Rob Roy no 1
8 minutes ago, Redondo said:

I fear a replay for dinsey and his lads.

Sour grapes from Harestanes but it is a rule and other teams have been caught out with this before and had to replay games. 

100 per cent this game will be replayed if there was no corner flags 

I fear a replay for dinsey and his lads.

Sour grapes from Harestanes but it is a rule and other teams have been caught out with this before and had to replay games. 

IF the rumours true, agreed, will probably be a replay. Has been the same result, a replay, when other (sore losers) appealed. Anyone connected to an ammy team, in any way at all, will see it for what it is and be supporting Laurieston. Would be a total riddy. Again nothing confirmed so we could all be jumping the gun.....

1 minute ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

IF the rumours true, agreed, will probably be a replay. Has been the same result, a replay, when other (sore losers) appealed. Anyone connected to an ammy team, in any way at all, will see it for what it is and be supporting Laurieston. Would be a total riddy. Again nothing confirmed so we could all be jumping the gun.....

Correct. 

Until its confirmed its just a rumour, maybe someone from Harestanes can confirm if appeal is indeed going in?

Tollcross coming from 2-0 down to win away to bannockburn is a very good result. Have bannockburn lost players this season? I know the boy Grant is away but 2-0 up at home you’d expect them to win. Fair play to Tolcross though. Never seen them play but seen there results on twitter and seem to be going well. 
Bannockburn were better team but their goalie had a howler for 3 of the Tollcross goals

I agree with allot of points on hear how Harestanes should just accept and move on. However I am sure in the last two seasons there was a tie replayed because and appeal very similar to this. The rules do state this but grasping at straws here.

On 11/01/2020 at 18:51, Dinsey said:

Brilliant win for us today and I’d say it was deserved and we were the better team over the 90 mins. Hit the bar, post, missed a couple big chances and the keeper has pulled off a couple great saves although as has ours and they also missed a big chance to go 1-0 up. 

The pitch is a strange one, today was the first time I had set eyes on it, never mind play on it - it’s brand new and the other side of the city to us but  only one we could get. We just wanted the game played and it’s worked out well thankfully. It’s one of the narrowest pitches we will play on this season with about 5/6 yards touchline to penalty box but lengthwise fine. We took a gamble giving up home advantage today and it’s paid off. It’s not like we are a team of hammer throwers, we get the ball down and try and play, our goal was actually a thing of beauty!

A team full of hammer throwers haha, that made me laugh. Yeh was just thinking it would be more of an in ur face battle on a wee tight park than a game of football but great score regardless of how u play. Plus u dont win every game by playing beautiful football but from wot u said it sounds like u guys do actually get the ball down and play some good stuff.

If this rumour is true about possible appeal then that would be absolutely pathetic from harestanes and would surely shame the club. Any respectable club does not act in that manner. If they were that upset about it then the game would not have went ahead and it would have been discussed well before the game had kicked off. Think the rumour is probably just aload of rubbish to create a poo hoo to be honest.

18 minutes ago, StraightOuttaEOS said:

Rules are rules gentlemen regardless what we all think.

Game WILL be replayed going by rules.  Can’t understand for the life of me why anyone at Lauriston didn’t put corner flags in. Amateur football at its very best!!!! 

The IFAB wants to encourage football, especially at the lowest levels, and if, for example, a corner flag(s) is missing the game can still be played without problems. Of course, the matter must be reported afterwards but at least everyone will have played in a match.

If Harestanes had of won the game would Laurieston have been able to lodge a complaint due to lack of flags? I don't know the answer but I doubt they would have seeing as it was the home team's error.

It appears that with no flags that this was a free hit for Harestanes and if they lost they knew they would be able to appeal.

Poor,but a lesson to be learned for all I suppose.