Scottish Cup

Amateur Footie Fan

Them and east Kilbride ym
Play football the right way
Thorn athletic out is a shock also
Very open for anyone this year
Fintry (formerly Douglas) deserved winners against Thorn, 3 errors 3 goals, Thorn hit the post in the first 5 mins and then got their goal 40 mins by a terrible blunder between centre half and Keeper, Fintry stepped up 2nd half and were dominant, Thorn keeper keeping them in the game. Thorn put Douglas out in the last 16 2 seasons ago 3- 1 after Douglas put out Colville Park, I dont think it should shock anyone that Thorn are out, East Coast sides all doing well yesterday

leafa teams done well yesterday laurie with a great win but not many people giving tollcross credit for turning over bannockburn  there I see they where getting beat 2-0 to sandys where expected to win who is everyone tipping now can any the leafa guys do it 

leafa teams done well yesterday laurie with a great win but not many people giving tollcross credit for turning over bannockburn  there I see they where getting beat 2-0 to sandys where expected to win who is everyone tipping now can any the leafa guys do it 

Think Harestanes will just edge out Laurieston in the rematch

1 minute ago, Dinsey said:

I was told some of their committee had a word with the ref at half time about the pitch dimensions and even the position of the floodlights. 

Dimensions and floodlight position I guess would be disputable (unless the ref or someone else can measure park lol).

SAFA competition rules state corner flags need to be there though (I think). 

6 minutes ago, Guaranteed_Yilla said:

Ye take the defeat on the chin n move on. Poor imo if they are appealing

If true. And I stress, IF - because it’s just a rumour at this stage. Regardless of the opinion of wether a team should or shouldn’t protest.. Without corner flags, the game shouldn’t have went ahead.

From Dinse comments above, they may well have asked the ref about the flags at Half Time too... if so, surely the ref would have sorted out? 

Interesring to see where this goes. 

Tollcross coming from 2-0 down to win away to bannockburn is a very good result. Have bannockburn lost players this season? I know the boy Grant is away but 2-0 up at home you’d expect them to win. Fair play to Tolcross though. Never seen them play but seen there results on twitter and seem to be going well. 

Fintry (formerly Douglas) deserved winners against Thorn, 3 errors 3 goals, Thorn hit the post in the first 5 mins and that was pretty much it, then got their goal at the start of the 2nd half by a terrible blunder between centre half and Keeper, Fintry stepped up and were dominant, Thorn keeper keeping them in the game. Thorn put Douglas out in the last 16 2 seasons ago 3- 1 after Douglas put out Colville Park, I dont think it should shock anyone that Thorn are out, East Coast sides all doing well yesterday

9 minutes ago, Gunner said:

If true. And I stress, IF - because it’s just a rumour at this stage. Regardless of the opinion of wether a team should or shouldn’t protest.. Without corner flags, the game shouldn’t have went ahead.

From Dinse comments above, they may well have asked the ref about the flags at Half Time too... if so, surely the ref would have sorted out? 

Interesring to see where this goes. 

Doubt many corner flag poles would have stood up on grass parks yesterday never mind on the plastic parks.

They would've been a waste of time.