Scottish Cup

Amateur Footie Fan

Both Dumbarton teams falling today. Draw has been kind to some and really unkind to others, some big teams going out due to meeting each other and some so called "smaller" teams getting through, suppose that's the way the cookie crumbles in cup football.
I saw Castlemilk Dynamo earlier in the season in a west tie and thought they were excellent, not many teams will go to Barlia and beat them, tie of the round v shortlees for sure.

What do you expect at this level ? Sides to be seeded ? LOL

Agreed, St Pats are a top side which we already knew and everybody had to be at their best for us to progress to the next rd. To be fair the squad to a man were excellent on the day. Doesn't get any easier mind you with an away League game against Bannockburn next Saturday but these are the games the team should be looking forward to..

On 08/12/2019 at 13:57, Des18 said:

Not directly involved just my local team and I know a few of the boys. Age wise only 1 player over 30 with 6/7 just in early 20s.

Good luck to Castlemilk in next round I hope they can beat Shortlees.

Des on ages Chic / Gregor Campbell / Purdie there’s 3 over 30 not sure about Kyle but be late 20’s as will a few others who have been around amateur game for while , not an old team but defo no as young as you make out they have a fair bit experience in team. 

I couldnt agree more referee had a great game. The penalty on parker maybe the only think he didnt get right but hard to tell from his angle. Tarbolton at home will cause anyone problems. Great game. Horrible conditions. Tarbolton are a force at home and shouldn't be ruled out against Glenburn.

Entertaining game with some decent football played considering the conditions. A big well done to the ref who handled the game well and got most big decisions correct. On the whole a decent advert for amateur football

Big number 9 and number 6 were superb for Tarbolton

I couldnt agree more referee had a great game. The penalty on parker maybe the only think he didnt get right but hard to tell from his angle. Tarbolton at home will cause anyone problems. Great game. Horrible conditions. Tarbolton are a force at home and shouldn't be ruled out against Glenburn.