Ayr United v Dundee United

It appears to be the usual though from McCall, before the Wrexham game McGuffie was classed as having a thigh strain and "wouldn't be risked for Wrexham", to me that means he'd be back for Dundee United but he ain't. Moore and Ross both seem to be getting delayed, initially they were both supposed to be back for beginning of September but now that's us in the middle of the month and still no sign of them. Just frustrating it's the same old story every season.

I thought he said Moore would be back training at the start of September but would obviously need to wait and get his overall fitness up.

Nothing against Frank Ross but it’s clearly not worked out so far and probably won’t be here after January.

6 minutes ago, rb123! said:
40 minutes ago, WATTOO said:
It's hardly that bad !!
Moore and Ross are due back within the next week or two and only Murdoch is long term. It's obviously not ideal having Bell out but as far as I'm aware Bell, Adams and McGuffie are just short term niggles and if Muirhead is fit then that takes care of itself.
There's also no point in worrying about "potential" injuries as that would just drive any sane person mad !!!
All in all we've got a decent sized pool for our budget and anyone who thinks we should have 3 quality players for each position is either completely deluded or been watching too much English Premiership football or spending too much time on fantasy football management games online.
Welcome to the real world !!!!

It appears to be the usual though from McCall, before the Wrexham game McGuffie was classed as having a thigh strain and "wouldn't be risked for Wrexham", to me that means he'd be back for Dundee United but he ain't. Moore and Ross both seem to be getting delayed, initially they were both supposed to be back for beginning of September but now that's us in the middle of the month and still no sign of them. Just frustrating it's the same old story every season.

This is True, like you I'd rather the club just gave us the reality rather than the "slight niggle" story that turns into 4 months out.

Ross is actually the annoying one for me, he was seen as one of our marquee signings (don't laugh Arab fans) of the season but is yet to kick a ball in earnest, granted we do have cover in his position but with a small budget such as ours we're really needing all our players to be fit and available where possible.

3 hours ago, WATTOO said:

He looked as if he had pulled something, he soldiered on for about 10  minutes after the initial injury but then had to, as you say, hobble off.

Looking at the nick of him at the time, I'd be very surprised if he played.

Muirhead should be ok for tomorrow, not seen him and Roscoe playing together , you never know they could be the next McLeish  and Miller 🤔🤔

Edited by Robbo63

36 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

This is True, like you I'd rather the club just gave us the reality rather than the "slight niggle" story that turns into 4 months out.

Ross is actually the annoying one for me, he was seen as one of our marquee signings (don't laugh Arab fans) of the season but is yet to kick a ball in earnest, granted we do have cover in his position but with a small budget such as ours we're really needing all our players to be fit and available where possible.

McCall stated prior to the Wrexham game McGuffie would be our for 2 weeks , let’s see if he is fit for next week , seeing him today I so no issue with him playing next week 

Just now, Robbo63 said:

McCall stated prior to the Wrexham game McGuffie would be our for 2 weeks , let’s see if he is fit for next week , seeing him today I so no issue with him playing next week 

That's good, I always think he offers us something that little bit different, and while he doesn't always produce there's no doubt that he has the natural ability to go a a long way in the game if finding some consistent form.

Its was mentioned that Moore wouldn't be back until October a while back.

Every season since McCall has been here we have had an injury crisis where 5/6/7 players are out at the same time. There must be an underlying problem.

Craig Moore was given the all clear to return to training a few weeks ago according to the AP yet he doesn't seem to have started training yet. Frank Ross was a total waste of a signing, signing players who are injury prone is very risky of a limited budget. Jamie Adams is just a perma crock. 

36 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Every season since McCall has been here we have had an injury crisis where 5/6/7 players are out at the same time. There must be an underlying problem.

Craig Moore was given the all clear to return to training a few weeks ago according to the AP yet he doesn't seem to have started training yet. Frank Ross was a total waste of a signing, signing players who are injury prone is very risky of a limited budget. Jamie Adams is just a perma crock. 

Moore is still on track to be back in team in October ( McCall said this at start of season ) Ross very unfortunate that he got a totally unrelated injury in training , 

39 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Ayr United 1-3 Dundee United

LINEUP111568401088408.png

Kerr's been one of our top performers in the past two matches so I'd probably have him in midfield and Geggan at RB, as would be a bit of a baptism of fire to throw young Houston straight in against United.

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

Moore is still on track to be back in team in October ( McCall said this at start of season ) Ross very unfortunate that he got a totally unrelated injury in training , 

It’s not really “unfortunate” when it happens to half a dozen players every season.

It’s not really “unfortunate” when it happens to half a dozen players every season.

Unfortunate for him.

That’s what happens when you have guys like Adams, Bell, Moore, Geggan (he’ll be out soon enough) in your team. Not only do these guys constantly pick up knocks, but they’ll take longer than usual to recover.

It is however shite luck that Murdoch is out for the season. Can’t lay any blame at McCalls door for a player getting an injury during a game however he knows the risks that come with guys like Adams and chooses to stick by them despite it. For me he’s a great penalty box defender and for the 20 or so games you get out him he’s terrific.