Ayr United v Dundee United

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Both are still far better players than Shankland.

If Johnny Russell is playing in a Mickey Mouse league then what is Shankland playing in, bearing in mind he’s never played anywhere higher.

Shankland should have taken the chance to move to a higher level, until he does he shouldn’t be in a squad.

Mulgrew was regularly called up when he was playing in League 1 and I don't care about what Naismith and Russell USED to be capable of, it's what they're capable of now and in the future that interests me and personally I see Shankland on an upward curve and those two on a downward curve.

I'm not the only one who thinks this as Shankland apparently received offers from the English Championship where Naismith was hunted from the English championship, if we're going to use that as a benchmark.

More importantly, one of them is 23 and improving all the time, the other is 33, has become injury prone, has hardly kicked a ball recently and is in the twilight of his career.

Christ, it's no wonder our game is in the state that it's in.................

How’s it going guys, you may recognise the name, last season we welcomed the Dundee United supporters down to the pub and had a mix of home and away, we put on a spread and had the early live game on, we’ve got music a pool table and great drink promotions, bookies  only across the road. This year isn’t any different we welcome the Arabs in again with open arms. GET ALONG BEFORE THE GAME WE HAVE A BIG LOUNGE TO HOUSE THE AWAY BUSES AND MASSIVE CAR PARK OUT THE BACK.

BELLROCK BAR AYR UNITED SUPPORTERS CLUB.

BELLROCK BAR 144 AYR AYR ROAD 

Edited by AyrBellrockSC

But apart from scoring against Premier League side Hearts, what has Lawrence Shankland ever done for us?

So last season against Dundee and this season against Hearts but what has he really ever done for us? [emoji38]romans.jpeg

2 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Erm, hes done it this season....

Erm, thanks for the irrelevant response to a genuine question asking how many times he'd scored against higher level opposition.

Definitely should be called up for Scotland after scoring against our fucking laughable mob last season and against Avril's laughable Hearts mob this season. 

32 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Definitely should be called up for Scotland after scoring against our fucking laughable mob last season and against Avril's laughable Hearts mob this season. 

No, no. They are "one of the best teams in Scotland". Wasn't that what was said after they escaped with a 1-1 draw (but lost on penalties, obvz). 

1 hour ago, Dirty Arab 83 said:

Serious question...............why are Dundee supporters posting on an Ayr United V Dundee United thread ? Does their envy and jealousy run that deep ?

In fairness the number of Funsters posting on United threads has decreased significantly.  Not sure the reason but 6-2 might be part of it.

It’s only the really sad, the really desperate and the really lonely ones who are still posting here.

How’s it going guys, you may recognise the name, last season we welcomed the Dundee United supporters down to the pub and had a mix of home and away, we put on a spread and had the early live game on, we’ve got music a pool table and great drink promotions, bookies  only across the road. This year isn’t any different we welcome the Arabs in again with open arms. GET ALONG BEFORE THE GAME WE HAVE A BIG LOUNGE TO HOUSE THE AWAY BUSES AND MASSIVE CAR PARK OUT THE BACK.
BELLROCK BAR AYR UNITED SUPPORTERS CLUB.
BELLROCK BAR 144 AYR AYR ROAD 

Must be a huge lounge right enough, if you can fit the buses in it.

36 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

In fairness the number of Funsters posting on United threads has decreased significantly.  Not sure the reason but 6-2 might be part of it.

It’s only the really sad, the really desperate and the really lonely ones who are still posting here.

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

Banter. 

I’d probably just throw him into the squad for the sake of it. It can’t get much worse tbh and the rest of these “qualifiers” are dead rubbers now.

However I’d be shocked if Clarke called him up whilst he’s still in the Championship which was why he really should’ve moved to a better league over the summer.

3 hours ago, Dirty Arab 83 said:

Serious question...............why are Dundee supporters posting on an Ayr United V Dundee United thread ? Does their envy and jealousy run that deep ?

You'd have to ask the Arab(s) that are posting on the Dundee v Alloa thread, mate. 

50 minutes ago, Dele said:

You'd have to ask the Arab(s) that are posting on the Dundee v Alloa thread, mate. 

Only two Arabs have posted on there.  PMS has posted once and that c**t Danger a few times; mind you his posts are hilarious and add a bit of panache to an otherwise dreadful thread.

16 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d probably just throw him into the squad for the sake of it. It can’t get much worse tbh and the rest of these “qualifiers” are dead rubbers now.

However I’d be shocked if Clarke called him up whilst he’s still in the Championship which was why he really should’ve moved to a better league over the summer.

Would give him a run out against San Marino to get him used to being part of the squad. Nothing to lose, everything to gain. Would be some laugh if the Shankland we know and loved turns up and batters 6 past them. 

As for Saturday I hope Christmas - May Shankland turns up, would take a draw now. 

16 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I'd be shocked too. But we need to get past this picking / not picking players because of who they play against. 

Given our lack of striking options, and the fact these upcoming games are menaingless, I don't see any merit on not picking him. Same goes for quite a few other players too