Ayr United v Dundee United

7 minutes ago, ftk said:

I still love Shankland.

I wont celebrate when he scores emoji852.png

It’s really tough to see a good and admired ex-player playing opposite you.

I’m still a bit surprised that we managed to sign Shankland and I have been very impressed with him so far.  Not just the goals but his general play, positional sense and hard work.

All of Shanklands attributes have been well discussed by Ayr fans over the last couple of seasons but your right to point out his positional sense and hard work. His finishing is also excellent and he can make chances out of nothing. Although no slouch if he had that extra yard of pace he would be top end Scottish premiership striker no problem and maybe even higher. 

33 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It’s really tough to see a good and admired ex-player playing opposite you.

I’m still a bit surprised that we managed to sign Shankland and I have been very impressed with him so far.  Not just the goals but his general play, positional sense and hard work.

I've been ridiculed for this up and down the forums, however when you look at the talent available in forward positions to Scotland (the likes of Naismith & Russell), there really is a serious argument for giving Shankland a call up. 

Rest assured, that had he ended up at one of the bigot twins in the summer then he'd have been the first name on the team sheet..............

I've been ridiculed for this up and down the forums, however when you look at the talent available in forward positions to Scotland (the likes of Naismith & Russell), there really is a serious argument for giving Shankland a call up. 
Rest assured, that had he ended up at one of the bigot twins in the summer then he'd have been the first name on the team sheet..............

Both Naismith and Russell are miles ahead of Shankland. At the moment Shankland can only dream of playing anywhere near the level they have.

4 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Ideally we need a couple of ticket booths on the waste ground outside the Somerset road end. So that's the first thing non regulars without tickets see.

As from this week , tickets stop being sold in shop at 12 noon , all home tickets available from Admin Office and away tickets from Lottery office 

6 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Both Naismith and Russell are miles ahead of Shankland. At the moment Shankland can only dream of playing anywhere near the level they have.

That's my point perfectly summed up.

It's a Naismith who's more or less finished and currently playing for a mid table SPL side and a Russell who's plying his trade in a complete mickey mouse league full of has beens, never beens and college kids.

That's my point perfectly summed up.

It's a Naismith who's more or less finished and currently playing for a mid table SPL side and a Russell who's plying his trade in a complete mickey mouse league full of has beens, never beens and college kids.

Both are still far better players than Shankland.

If Johnny Russell is playing in a Mickey Mouse league then what is Shankland playing in, bearing in mind he’s never played anywhere higher.

Shankland should have taken the chance to move to a higher level, until he does he shouldn’t be in a squad.

18 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Genuine question: How many times has Shankland played and scored against teams above Championship level? 

Please do not include the cup game against our shower of shite last season.

Genuine question: How many times has Shankland played and scored against teams above Championship level? 
Please do not include the cup game against our shower of shite last season.
If I'm correct for Ayr he only scored against Dundee last season the only other games he played against higher level opposition were 2 cup games against sevco and he drew blanks twice.