Ayr United v Dundee United

7 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Everybody hates me.

FTFY

27 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Everyone’s favourite referee, Bobby Madden will be in charge of this one.

Can’t be any worse than the clown we had against Arbroath in the biscuit cup.

In general terms I’m getting more worried about linesmen who can’t keep up with play.

Surely we'll see a "handball / armball" penalty or two this Saturday ??

I had really high hopes for "handball" penalty carnage this season when they brought in the ridiculous new rules, however so far I've been left disappointed.

I reckon Mad Bobby could be the very man to put this right.................

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Surely we'll see a "handball / armball" penalty or two this Saturday ??

I had really high hopes for "handball" penalty carnage this season when they brought in the ridiculous new rules, however so far I've been left disappointed.

I reckon Mad Bobby could be the very man to put this right.................

Most of Paul McMullan's crosses don't get higher than mid to upper body height, so there's a chance he'll play right into Bobby's barrel.

I've always had a big respect for Ian McCall, not a fashionable thing amongst Arabs of late, got the chance to talk for ten minutes last season at Tannadice the night Ayr/Shankland pumped us. Genuine guy with a great insight of the game. He seems to have the Indian sign over oor Robbie so I think a draw would be worth putting on my fixed odds this weekend. F.T.D.'83.

39 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

So are Ayr in the middle of an injury or just not very good? 3 wins out of 4 and at home, I'd expect a bit more optimism than I'm seeing here.

Unfortunately an injury crisis , 5 first team players out for Saturday , of which only 2 would have played from start on the downside it’s 2 of our most important players Adams and Murdoch , I still expect us to put up a decent challenge and think it will be 2-1 but not sure what way , don’t forget to get tickets early decent crowd expected , buy online or by calling shop and paying over phone , 

15 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Unfortunately an injury crisis , 5 first team players out for Saturday , of which only 2 would have played from start on the downside it’s 2 of our most important players Adams and Murdoch , I still expect us to put up a decent challenge and think it will be 2-1 but not sure what way , don’t forget to get tickets early decent crowd expected , buy online or by calling shop and paying over phone , 

We have an injury crisis too.  Mark Connolly will be out for three months.

In fairness we're used to Adams being out and we've got Roscoe & Bell as a decent CB pairing and Kerr can come in for Murdoch. We've also got the option of playing the new boy from Rangers at RB and sticking Andy Geggan in the midfield or so not exactly a "crisis".

We've also got any 3 from 4 to pick from Forrest, Doolan, Moffat & McCowan (likely to be Moffat, McCowan and Forrest) and assuming Doohan, Harvie & Kelly have made it back from Croatia unscathed then all three of them will be returning.

Murdoch will be a miss but the rest have either been out long term (Moore & Ross) or wouldn't be first choice (McGuffie, Muirhead) so not by any means a "crisis".

We all know United are a strong side and have two of our best players from last season in Smith and Shankland but if we play the way we can (like against Morton) then there's no reason why we can't take something from this game.............

51 minutes ago, rb123! said:

McCall saying for Ayr fans not give Shankland pelters, think they will tbh.

If anything there may be some good humoured banter but he certainly won't get any venomous style hatred aimed at him and why would he ??

Personally I'll be cheering both Shankland and Smith on to the pitch but after that they'll be treated as our opponents just like anyone else...............