Ayr United v Dundee United

12 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I’d love for us to be the ones to burst the Dundee Utd bubble, even just for one week until they thump the next team they face. 

Really don’t want to see Shankland score v us

Heart says 1-0 , head says 1-2

Head > heart.

With yesterday out of the way (and the strange vibe of everyone being pretty pleased that we are no longer in the cup) I am looking forward to this. Like GD I would be okay with a decent performance and a point. Given our 100% start we will drop points at some stage and I would rather it happen away from home and against a side who are in good form.

Team picks itself for me, with the only slight debate over Connolly and Butcher (depending on Connolly's fitness).

I would go for - 

Siegrist

Smith

Reynolds

Butcher

Robson

McMullan

Harkes

Stanton

Pawlett

Shankland

Appere

I think if Connolly is ready to play then Neilson prefers having him and Reynolds with Butcher playing further forward. 

Our actual form isn't as good as the results on paper look.

I think most Ayr fans are pretty nervous about this one. Still, it's a bit of a free hit so you never know.

Ps, can we get mcdaid back on an emergency one-game loan.

Surely Dundee fans would support this move.

I think most Ayr fans are pretty nervous about this one. Still, it's a bit of a free hit so you never know.

Given how badly McDaid played in the 6-2 game last week, I would largely support this too.

3 hours ago, The DA said:

That wasn't the fifth columnist post, was it?

Yeah it was actually. I'm starting to think Rev Stu actually is a fucking plant cause of his behaviour. Got everyone hooked in with some stellar investigative work and then he's sowing the seeds of division. 

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

I have seen that some Ayr fans have said the results maybe don't quite match the performances. For us it is a strange game because it is a massive fixture but it comes after a first four games that felt like such a high pressure set of weekends, culminating in the Dundee Derby. The game yesterday was a complete non-event and now we have to get going again. Hopefully the players didn't place too much emphasis on the mini-run of the first four and realise that the next stage of the season will be the true test of where we are.

3 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Yeah it was actually. I'm starting to think Rev Stu actually is a fucking plant cause of his behaviour. Got everyone hooked in with some stellar investigative work and then he's sowing the seeds of division. 

We should probably take this to the Politics forum, but I'd tend to agree.  The Wings site and Campbell's twitter persona are two very different things, poles apart.

I have seen that some Ayr fans have said the results maybe don't quite match the performances. For us it is a strange game because it is a massive fixture but it comes after a first four games that felt like such a high pressure set of weekends, culminating in the Dundee Derby. The game yesterday was a complete non-event and now we have to get going again. Hopefully the players didn't place too much emphasis on the mini-run of the first four and realise that the next stage of the season will be the true test of where we are.
Similar to last year I think playing Dundee United will suit us at Somerset.

There will be space for our wee ballers (who can be sublime or a bit meh) but it'll all be about taking chances - and dealing with your threats (which are considerable).

Could be a cracking game.

Without bothering to actually check the stats I feel like our record against Ayr is pretty shite, particularly away, so I'm not massively confident about this one.  A point isn't the worst result but hopefully the "It's Different This Time" theme is carried on for another week and we come back east with all three.

0-1, McMullan in the second half. 

Without bothering to actually check the stats I feel like our record against Ayr is pretty shite, particularly away, so I'm not massively confident about this one.  A point isn't the worst result but hopefully the "It's Different This Time" theme is carried on for another week and we come back east with all three.
0-1, McMullan in the second half. 
I'd guess one win for you lot in about 5 attempts since the start of the century (league and cup).

I'd guess we've won 3 and drawn the other.

(I've probably missed out a season where we were pumped twice)

6 hours ago, pandarilla said:

I'll drop him off on Saturday  morning 8am sharp

2 hours ago, pandarilla said:

I'd guess one win for you lot in about 5 attempts since the start of the century (league and cup).

I'd guess we've won 3 and drawn the other.

(I've probably missed out a season where we were pumped twice)

Aye a single 1-0 win for us at Somerset was all I could think of off the top of my head. Sure it put us top above Hibs before we shat it big time post Christmas.