Ayr United v Dundee United

I didn't go over the top after our four wins, so will try not to go overboard after one defeat. 

That said, although we beat Dundee 6-2 for periods in that game we actually weren't too clever. Tactically yesterday, Neilson was lacking - Shankland isolated on his own, and too slow to make changes. Brown should have been hooked for Harkes after about 20 minutes. 

And our two away wins might,  on reflection, have come against sides who'll be at the bottom of the league come May. Our upcoming fixtures on paper were meant to look a little easier, but Arbroath have already shown enough about them to suggest they'll be no pushovers. Will be a tough match no doubt. 

Failed at not going overboard.... 

McCall is a strange one. Seems to be doing really well but seems to have had quite a few flops on the way. Thistle fans aren't too enamoured with his time there and he was poor at Utd though we were in a mess at that point. 

Two things I'd add to this.

Firstly, McCall had some serious demons at some points, and that can't fail to have an effect. He was probably as much a mess as your club was at that point (although I'm not quite sure when his issues began). For me, that makes this revival all the more impressive.

Secondly, every single manager has their duds (both in terms of failed spells at clubs and in terms of signings duds). Ranieri is the classic example now.

Michael Moffat is such an underrated player in this division, one of the smartest players about and technically brilliant. Was gutted when he left us.

Genuinely no idea why some Dunfermline fans weren’t bothered to see him go - and Johnston either by the looks of it at the time.

The guy is magnificent.

1 hour ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Really? Better than Shankland?

In my opinion yes .Its not all about scoring goals you know .Moffat is brilliant too watch .his off ball play ,his mazy runs,his flicks and tricks .Outstanding footballer .shankland would not have scored the goals he scored if it wasn't for moff.

In my opinion yes .Its not all about scoring goals you know .Moffat is brilliant too watch .his off ball play ,his mazy runs,his flicks and tricks .Outstanding footballer .shankland would not have scored the goals he scored if it wasn't for moff.

Shankland’s much more than a goal scorer though. He can hold the ball up well and set up others to score. Moffat’s a clever player but Shankland could play at a higher level.

55 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Shankland’s much more than a goal scorer though. He can hold the ball up well and set up others to score. Moffat’s a clever player but Shankland could play at a higher level.

Moffat should have played at a higher level and would have IMO had he not entered the senior game until his mid 20s.

Moffat should have played at a higher level and would have IMO had he not entered the senior game until his mid 20s.

100%

Once he hits 100 Ayr goals he’ll have cemented himself as a club legend although in my eyes he’s already there.

59 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

If I had a choice between the 2 it would be Moffat all day long , yesterday showed that Shankland ( a very good player ) needs players around him to provide the service , Moff can do it on his own