Ayr United v Dundee United

Little old Ayr United...

Imagine what McCall could do with Neilson’s budget, he’s a fucking imposter. A team of youngsters and a couple of wise old heads, passing through and around a rabble. It’s clear to see what McCall tries to work on on the training ground. Other than firing diagonal balls to Appere on the left Neilson hadn’t a fucking clue.

It’s a joy to watch McCowan, who by the way has unbelievable strength in fending off challenges, and Kelly. The little triangles and passes of play we put together were magic, Kerr instrumental in most of it. Relieved to see Doc pick himself up, he’s now indispensable after Murdoch’s injury.

All told, we don’t have the strength in depth to maintain a challenge at the top of the table but we play football the right way. DU have plenty of strength in depth but there’s plenty of other sides in this league that will see through one dimensional Neilson.

2 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

How did Roscoe play today? Was worried when I saw him in the team but a clean sheet up against Shankland should have given him a confidence boost.

Still clearly very raw but gave the type of performance that should give him huge confidence and will hopefully see a run of games and set him off on a decent career.

I thought the team worked so hard throughout, especially in the 2nd half when you knew Dundee Utd would start committing bodies forward.

Not scared to put his head in where it hurts, anticipated things really well, his positioning was very good as well. Overall part of a fine defensive performance and he never gave Shankland a minute's peace. (Hope the National team callup can be put to bed for a bit.)

I don't know if the highlights will show them but the individual skill in the 2nd half from Kelly who was on the left touchline and McCowan dancing along the byline was magnificent.

There was one team move in the first half down the left which was top notch. Third man runs and crisp, sharp passing on the deck.

Edited by BukyOHare

A lot of vintage performances for Ayr, Moffat was outstanding the whole game, for a player many were doubting could last 90 min at this level was fantastic, even in the last 15 selling a united player an absolute dummy in the box like a matador or nutmegging Reynolds for the sheer hell of it. Kerr was also outstanding, his reading of the game and anticipation of where opponents were going was first class. McCowan had a shaky first 20 or so minutes but his run along the goal line was worth paying to see alone. 

Rosco though, missed headers against Morton and Stranraer and was dropped, to come back in against Shankland, probably the best forward in the league and restrict him to one shot at goal is a million miles away from his mistakes in earlier games. 

I thought, for the players they have in the team, Dundee United were very poor at the back, Reynolds, Brown and the left back were a car crash, Smith made mistakes that he never made in an Ayr jersey. With the exception of McMullen, there was little forward threat. Shankland had one of those games he would have for Ayr, bullied out the game by a centre half but for one noticeable difference, he didn't come for the ball deep and try to make something happen like he did for us. But with Shankland, if he didn't score in a game, it meant the next team we played was getting a hiding. 

I don't know why Neilson was on the park at the end having a go at Madden, he was dreadful all round.  

Why are Dundee Utd fans on Twitter getting so riled at McCalls comments?

I thought they’d agreed months ago that Neilson was shite and it’s pretty clear he’s not a patch on McCall. Nothing wrong with admitting your manager is a dud.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Why are Dundee Utd fans on Twitter getting so riled at McCalls comments?

I thought they’d agreed months ago that Neilson was shite and it’s pretty clear he’s not a patch on McCall. Nothing wrong with admitting your manager is a dud.

They're obviously simpletons. McCall's comments are a response to Neilson's drivel when Shankland signed.

It made the team talk easy today. If they should be cross its at Neilson being an abject failure at mindgames imo.

That’s the best footballing performance I’ve seen in a while. Any time we looked like we’d be in trouble we would play little 1/2s out and counter.  Could sit here and name individual performances, but everyone was brilliant. For me Kelly for Crawford and McCowan for McDaid are massive upgrades and making the difference in this team. Thankfully Geggan has replaced (so far) Smith at right back. Shankland may not have been replaced as a player, but getting goals from all over the team this season. The change of formation really helping us IMO.

Heard there was a Cardiff scout at the game today watching Harvie and McCowan.

That’s the best footballing performance I’ve seen in a while. Any time we looked like we’d be in trouble we would play little 1/2s out and counter.  Could sit here and name individual performances, but everyone was brilliant. For me Kelly for Crawford and McCowan for McDaid are massive upgrades and making the difference in this team. Thankfully Geggan has replaced (so far) Smith at right back. Shankland may not have been replaced as a player, but getting goals from all over the team this season. The change of formation really helping us IMO.
Heard there was a Cardiff scout at the game today watching Harvie and McCowan.
If I'm correct McCowan is signed up for the next two seasons Harvie is out of contract at the end of this season wonder if it's worth while trying to get him extended to if he does move on to a bigger clubwe get a bit of money for a change.