Ayr United v Dundee United

Well what can I say ? I didn't see that one coming . The two centre half's were superb today battled the whole game . The front three played some exquisite stuff as did Kerr in the middle . DU were unlucky with two off the post and a sold pen given out side the box . Having said that we got the breaks and played well . Long may it continue ..

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Ian McCall - “There were a lot of comments about how Lawrence would get better coaching up there. They can feel free to send him back down for a week so he can get coached properly again.”

Paraphrasing a wee bit.

Over that perfomance and the 6 months prior, I wouldn't have him over moffat

41 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

I thought Dundee United would have brought on Shankland and Appere seeing they were struggling for a goal.

I thought Appere was our only decent player today tbh.

Again we looked much better with Harkes on the pitch and Butcher centre back, although it was too late. Clark’s sitter would’ve changed the game too, can’t say you’ve been hard done by when you miss chances like that.

You are murder lol. 6-2 off you pop.
It’s fine boys. We will just take all your best players in Jan.

We are still top of the league though...Let’s see how things are in a few months. Not a lot of football played.

Go enjoy your win over Alloa BNB. Your mob are shite. Always shite.

It’s fine we will spank you at Dens too. Small club. Small team mentality.
You took our two best players from last season and still can’t beat us.
Has taken this defeat well.

Roscoe was very good today, forgiving his at times spaghetti feet.  Thought we could have been doing with a centre forward today, especially to bring  on late, no  idea what's going on with Doolan. Mark Kerr played as well today as I've seen him in an Ayr shirt.

The thing with Shankland is as good as he is at football he struggles with the confidence/mental side of it he had a manager at Ayr who by all accounts he looked up to like a 2nd father and we as fans loved the bones of him he could do no wrong even if he was behaving a crap game, if he goes through a bad patch and Neilson does not manage him the best and the fans get on his back you won't get the best of him.

Thought the whole team was great today and played some excellent one touch football, however a special mention to Moffat, McCowan and Doc. I for one doubted if Doc had it at this level, however he's been brilliant this season and is also the model pro.

As for Luke, the boy just gets better and better, works like hell, has a superb touch and all in all has the tools to go really far in the game.

All in all just a great game of Football today.........