Ayr United v Dundee United

11 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Apparently so.

This was years ago I was told (not long after McCall was appointed at Ayr), but the guy who actually did it was leaving the club at the same time to take up a job outside of football. He was worried that the “incident” may harm his chances in keeping that job so McCall took the blame.

I’m fairly certain McCall said on OTB last year that it was someone else but he’d never say who.

I think this jigsaw is maybe starting to come together. 

I was discussing this with a mate the other day and he remembers Stewart Forsyth's - Craig's da - name being mentioned as part of the saga at the time. If I remember correctly, Forsyth left to become a policeman. I'd imagine the police force wouldn't look particularly favourably on a potential recruit defecating in a shoe. 

This could be miles out but it's my theory and if it turns out to be correct then I'm applying to be a polis myself and going straight in as a detective. 

Eta: A quick bit of investigation work shows that Stewart Forsyth left Dundee in 1992 and Stainrod was the manager between 92-93. 

A thread started by @Ludo*1 in 2014 on The Dark Blues forum contains a post confirming that Forsyth did indeed leave to join the police - Filth Forsyth. 

I think this only leads to one conclusion: Hiya Jobby Forsyth! Hiya pal!

images (24).jpeg

Edited by Dee Man

I think this jigsaw is maybe starting to come together. 
I was discussing this with a mate the other day and he remembers Stewart Forsyth's - Craig's da - name being mentioned as part of the saga at the time. If I remember correctly, Forsyth left to become a policeman. I'd imagine the police force wouldn't look particularly favourably on a potential recruit defecating in a shoe. 
This could be miles out but it's my theory and if it turns out to be correct then I'm applying to be a polis myself and going straight in as a detective. 
Eta: A quick bit of investigation work shows that Stewart Forsyth left Dundee in 1992 and Stainrod was the manager between 92-93. 
A thread started by [mention=12782]Ludo*1[/mention] in 2014 on The Dark Blues forum contains a post confirming that Forsyth did indeed leave to join the police - Filth Forsyth. 
I think this only leads to one conclusion: Hiya Jobby Forsyth! Hiya pal!
593972172_images(24).jpeg.90e157c6a9ec59f13eebb15014680ec0.jpeg

DeeMan has just cleared McCalls good name.