Ayr United v Dundee United

100%

Once he hits 100 Ayr goals he’ll have cemented himself as a club legend although in my eyes he’s already there.
The full club has turned around since he came back is that a coincidence? Was always story's that he wanted to come back to Somerset but McCall didn't fancy him not sure how much is in that but I'm so glad he came back got to go down as one of the best players of the last 15 years and a proper club legend.

22 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

The full club has turned around since he came back is that a coincidence? Was always story's that he wanted to come back to Somerset but McCall didn't fancy him not sure how much is in that but I'm so glad he came back got to go down as one of the best players of the last 15 years and a proper club legend.

100%

30 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

How many goals has moffat scored for ayr now .he can't have much too go to hit 100.

Not 100% sure , but my counting is 94in all competitions  , Duncan Carmichael should know the answer 

Edited by Robbo63

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

Not 100% sure , but my counting is 94 in all competitions  , Duncan Carmichael should know the answer 

95 according to yesterday's programme, Forrest needs 4 more goals to reach 50. A great achievement for a player who's primary role you'd presume is to be a provider to others.

Edited by BukyOHare

3 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Can't remember who it was but one of the Dundee Utd player profiles in the programme said he had trials for Raith Rovers....and AS Roma 🤣

Mr Aperre. A decent young prospect whom, upon failing at Roma was eventually loaned out to Broughty in the juniors. 

Nothing against that, it done him the world of good. He genuinely looks a very decent prospect. 

No coincidence that the Shankland / Moore Partnership didn't work very well but Moore / Moffat & Shankland / Moffat brought far better results. 
Think McCall kept calling Robbie Crawford the best kept secret in Scottish football to deflect from the Moff tbh. 

I actually think we're better this season without a focal point striker, it may sound ridiculous but at times we were guilty of being over reliant and over playing to Shankland and while his goal return and general play was exceptional it did mean that if he was out or not firing then we truly struggled.

This season we're playing with a front 3 of McCowan, Forrest and Moffat who are all very mobile and most importantly excellent footballers in their own right, this gives us more options when coming forward and the interplay between them and the likes of Kelly, Kerr and Doc has been an absolute joy to watch in recent matches (apart from QOS).

Even taking into account the Ally years with Templeton & Sludden and Bryce and Walker, the Barr era and our front three of Hurst, Walker & Teale, I'd honestly say that this is the most I've ever enjoyed watching Ayr from an attacking perspective and the fact that McCowan and Forrest are still developing makes it all the better.

Will we still manage it in the winter when the pitches become heavy ?

Who knows, but whatever I'm just enjoying it for now while I can.............