Ayr United v Dundee United

I hope he goes on to have a smashing career but the petty fucker in me really enjoyed Shankland’s frustrations at the piss poor service he received and his animated, fruitless efforts to cajole his wanky pals into life. Barely noticed Liam Smith.

Shankland wasn’t great because of the service but I thought Liam Smith had a really poor game. Couldn’t cope with Forrest or Harvie running at him and gave away a cheap penalty.

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:
1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:
If you offer a player u23 an extended contract and he turns it down and moves on anyway then you would be entitled to a development fee, and a small percentage of it would go to his previous clubs from age 12 to 21. 

Interesting so it would make sense for us to offer Harvie a new contract at the moment as he's only 21 even if we know he's going to knock it back because we would get some kind of fee when he signed for a new club.

Pointless offering it now just for that reason. Needs to be on the table when old contract expires and offered 14 days before for domestic compensation or 60 days before for international compensation.

1 hour ago, HeathrowAUFC said:

I hope he goes on to have a smashing career but the petty fucker in me really enjoyed Shankland’s frustrations at the piss poor service he received and his animated, fruitless efforts to cajole his wanky pals into life. Barely noticed Liam Smith.

He’d have went down as an Ayr hero for me if he’d left to go to Sunderland, Portsmouth or basically anyone that wasn’t in the same league as us like that mob he’s joined 

Ayr's highlights doesn't give the best angle, but the lack of United player complaints at the penalty suggests there's no arguments to be made there. 

If the "penalty" incident Neilson was moaning about was that tackle on Appere in the 1st half then I think Madden called it right. 

Another loss at Ayr is disappointing given our league form so far, but hopefully we use it as a reminder for how difficult this league is to get out of, and not to get carried away with our good start. 

Edited by captainkev