Ayr United v Dundee United

If I'm correct McCowan is signed up for the next two seasons Harvie is out of contract at the end of this season wonder if it's worth while trying to get him extended to if he does move on to a bigger clubwe get a bit of money for a change.

We’ve got McCowan until the end of next season. I’d offer Harvie an extension (money permitted) but if an offer came in January I’d sell him if the money was right.

He’s a fantastic full back but we need to start getting money for these guys. I’d keep McCowan for another season and see where we’re at but he’s another that we can make money from.

That’s the best footballing performance I’ve seen in a while. Any time we looked like we’d be in trouble we would play little 1/2s out and counter.  Could sit here and name individual performances, but everyone was brilliant. For me Kelly for Crawford and McCowan for McDaid are massive upgrades and making the difference in this team. Thankfully Geggan has replaced (so far) Smith at right back. Shankland may not have been replaced as a player, but getting goals from all over the team this season. The change of formation really helping us IMO.
Heard there was a Cardiff scout at the game today watching Harvie and McCowan.
Have to agree. That's the best team performance we've put in in ages. Given we lost Shankland, Smith, McDaid, Crawford and Rose in the summer and Bell, Adams, Murdoch and McGuffie from the Partick game, each and every player stepped up. In particular I thought the 2 centre halves were excellent when we came under pressure, Moffat was superb, and the midfield trio were calm and collected on the ball. Special mention though for Harvie. I've only seen him against Morton, Partick and Dundee United but he's getting better by the week. Best left back in the league and surely the next player to move on having developed under McCall.

If we can maintain this defensive resilience alongside our normal attacking flair I think we'll do well this season. Just shows the benefit of having a decent manager.

We’ve got McCowan until the end of next season. I’d offer Harvie an extension (money permitted) but if an offer came in January I’d sell him if the money was right.

He’s a fantastic full back but we need to start getting money for these guys. I’d keep McCowan for another season and see where we’re at but he’s another that we can make money from.
The thing with Harvie is we have potentially another very good LB to come in with Finn Ecrepont, I really don't know the last time we had so many young guys looking like they may break through.

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Would you not be due a compensation payment if he moves on?

Superb result, gutted I wasn't there, well and truly put Dundee United in their place and brought them back from their high perch of thinking they were Barcelona.

McCall game plan was clearly simple and effective. Nullify Shankland and we've got a brilliant chance if we play to our best, which we seemingly did. Look forward to the highlights.

6 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Not sure we signed Harvie from Aberdeen so don't think we get a developmental fee I may be wrong though.

I'm sure its still an age thing. You need toan offer a contract too.

Aberdeen would be entitled to part of the fee too I guess.

@Skyline Drifter might put some light on this.

2 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Ayr boys! No prisoners. You got the win. Well done! But let’s see what happens going forward.

Another day I think we would have got a draw. A draw was a fair result but that’s the way it goes. All the best!

Dundee won’t be anywhere near anyway so let’s leave that at that!

upset-arabian-man-crying-wiping-his-tears-napkins-isolated-white-background-80319965.jpg

5 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Ayr boys! No prisoners. You got the win. Well done! But let’s see what happens going forward.

Another day I think we would have got a draw. A draw was a fair result but that’s the way it goes. All the best!

Image result for american psycho smug gif

7 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

this is fine GIF

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Why are Dundee Utd fans on Twitter getting so riled at McCalls comments?

I thought they’d agreed months ago that Neilson was shite

That was before he won his next 2 (two) games in a row and then they wanted him given a new contract.

Can’t help but mention Dundee in your post despite the fact they had nothing to do with today’s game.

1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

I'm sure its still an age thing. You need toan offer a contract too.

Aberdeen would be entitled to part of the fee too I guess.

@Skyline Drifter might put some light on this.

If you offer a player u23 an extended contract and he turns it down and moves on anyway then you would be entitled to a development fee, and a small percentage of it would go to his previous clubs from age 12 to 21. 

29 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

You've said that ridiculous on another day shite cliche a few times now - it means f**k all. 

Take your defeat like a man, stop being a crying little bitch and move on. 

If you offer a player u23 an extended contract and he turns it down and moves on anyway then you would be entitled to a development fee, and a small percentage of it would go to his previous clubs from age 12 to 21. 
Interesting so it would make sense for us to offer Harvie a new contract at the moment as he's only 21 even if we know he's going to knock it back because we would get some kind of fee when he signed for a new club.