Ayr United v Dundee United

5 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Yeah true. I thought a draw would have been fair. Didn’t deserve a 2-0 defeat.

I thought we did enough to edge it, however McMullan did start to cause us problems in the last 25 mins and you did hit the woodwork twice but having said that I never felt that you had us under any intense pressure. As I said though, it was a good game of football today and a right good travelling support down from Dundee.

Fantastic from McCall.

He had the team fired up from the first minute. To a man we were fantastic. Harvie was my man of the match. His best game for Ayr imo. Closely followed by Doohan.

I have to say to the Dundee United's fans who left at 2 nil with 15 mins to play. Get it right up you!

Back home after yet another disappointing day trip to Somerset! We were terrible in the first-half and Ayr totally controlled the attacking side of the game, with Moffat in complete control. We were a bit better in the second half but deserved to lose over the 90 minutes. 

Didn't see enough of the three free-kicks that were all right on the line of the penalty box so can't really comment on if any were maybe a penalty.

A bit of a blip (hopefully). 

Exceptional performance from Ayr.  Quality of passing and one touch football was unreal at times.  Didn’t really see it coming as we’ve been a bit up and down so far this season, but with talent like Moffat, Kelly and McCowan playing like that we can give anyone in the league a game.  Suggestion our penalty was soft is a joke - as blatant a trip as you’ll. see and unbelievably clumsy from the defender (it surely wasn’t Smith) though all credit to Forrest for turning him inside out.  Was very impressed with the number 7 for Dundee Utd and they certainly have a physical presence at set pieces, but for a team that has had so much cash thrown at them, I thought they were desperately poor.  

Final highlight was Nielson coming on the park at the end to whine at the referee.  After watching his team played off the park, I would have thought he would have shown some class and disappeared up the tunnel.

Comfortably the best we've played all season. They couldn't get near us in the first half and some of our one touch passing and movement was a joy. Dundee Utd had a couple of long range efforts well saved but I was disappointed we were only one up at half time.  Second half was more even but despite them hitting the post a couple of times I thought we always looked more threatening.  Thought Roscoe was immense, Doohan made two or three good saves and dealt with the wind very well.  Harvie had his best game in donkeys and I hope he kicks on from that.  I thought Docherty was bench material at best for the championship but delighted to be proved wrong. Proper heart in mouth stuff at the end when he stayed down but he seemed fine at the finish. Kerr's class just oozed out of him, his wee turns and touches that give him an extra yard on the ball were instrumental in us controlling the first half and seeing out the second.

As per last season, absolutely nothing to fear from the league.  I know we're not going to maintain that every week but think we'll be in the play-offs without too much fuss.