Ayr United v Dundee United

11 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Smith and Shankland return to Somerset for this one.

Can the big United make it 5 wins out of 5?

0-3 (Shankland 12, 33, 57)

Can’t see us winning 3-0.

This is going to be a tough test, after all we’re playing a decent team, we’re not playing shite like Dundee.

A win and 5 out of 5 would be a brilliant start; a draw would be acceptable so long as it’s a good performance.  A loss would be disappointing.

Shankland and Appere up front please.  Butch and Stanton behind.  

Won’t be going to this but will follow every minute on ArabZone whilst shouting abuse at the c*nts that commentate.

#ptbaa

My first league match of the season, not sure how we’ll line up for this. Injuries starting earlier than usual for us! If they are fit, I’d go with:

Doohan

Geggan Bell Adams Harvie

Docherty Kerr Kelly

McCowan Moffat Forrest

Subs: Hare-Reid, Muirhead, Ecrepont, Houston, Rosscoe, Doolan, McKenzie 

An optimistic 1-1, Kelly for us.

16 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Ayr will scud us. Does matter who they have in their team or who United have in theirs. 

We'll get utterly done 

You've got the Fear.  You'll feel much better in the morning. 

We'll hump Ayr.

5 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Sounds like the dabs are a bit hesitant to proclaim victory in this one, and after what happened last season who can blame them.

It’s not the game.  It’s the thought of travelling through to a shithole like Ayr.

I think we could struggle here depending on what the injury situation is.

We’ll have Doohan, Kelly and Harvie back but Adams, Muirhead, McGuffie could all miss out and Ross, Murdoch and Moore won’t play.

Despite Murdoch being out, Kerr did well in the holding role and Doc did ok breaking up play until being moved to RB.

I think Dundee Utd will win with Shankland inevitably scoring.

With yesterday out of the way (and the strange vibe of everyone being pretty pleased that we are no longer in the cup) I am looking forward to this. Like GD I would be okay with a decent performance and a point. Given our 100% start we will drop points at some stage and I would rather it happen away from home and against a side who are in good form.

Team picks itself for me, with the only slight debate over Connolly and Butcher (depending on Connolly's fitness).

I would go for - 

Siegrist

Smith

Reynolds

Butcher

Robson

McMullan

Harkes

Stanton

Pawlett

Shankland

Appere

I think if Connolly is ready to play then Neilson prefers having him and Reynolds with Butcher playing further forward. 

12 hours ago, Loemba90 said:

Do you need to buy tickets online or can you just pay on the day too?

Tickets can be bought online  sent as a PDF ( can save on phone and be scanned at turnstile)or over the phone in club shop and collect at pre paid ticket desk in shop 

Mon1-5......Wed 2-5....Thu 2-7 ...Fri 10-4

If waiting to purchase at ground for Away fans you could be in a long queue as 1 selling point for Away tickets , no cash taken at any turnstile