Queens v Morton

Wonder if we will be  a 352 today? 

Welsh Baird Grant should be relatively OK with potentially Cadden and Strapp/Livingstone as wing backs.

It obv takes Cadden out of his normal attacking threat as a winger but I'm sure he would still cause problems there and Nesbitt could play off main striker. 

Main thing for me is not having McLean playing or having Jim/Jacobs in defence. 

Could do with a good performance and win here, especially with Dundee clubs up next. 

Edited by madton

Pish game, two awful sides. Wouldn't have argued if it was 0-0 at half time but we've taken our chance. Both teams will think the game is there for the taking: which it is.

I'll say it now while we're winning: our pitch is absolutely rotten. The sooner it's ripped up or replaced the better.

That’s massively concerning. Early days, but if the defence isn’t getting any better while the goals start to dry up as well - that’s only one in three now - then we’re in big trouble.

You’d still expect Queens to be around the relegation battle while Partick and Dunfermline will be crap until they sack their managers at least, but on what we have to go on so far we look like we’re going to be right in that scrap for eighth rather than staying a comfortable distance from it.

Can't really add much to my HT summary. Just an awful game of football not helped by an awful playing surface. Positives - a win and a clean sheet. That's all that really matters and after playing well against Ayr and getting nothing, I'd much rather play poor and win.

Both those sides will be down the bottom with Alloa come the end of the season. We just don't have enough in midfield and Morton look like they'll concede a fair few. I don't think I've ever saw a goalkeeper so awful positionally as there's today.

Pybus put in a shift in the middle and Kidd wasn't terrible but even when he plays OK he's just way below the standard required. Murray was very quiet today as well. McCrorie's save from the FK was worthy of MoM alone but my personal MoM was Brownlie. Won his headers and was commanding throughout. He appears to finally be maturing and cutting out the silly fouls.

Are Morton fans always as vicious towards ex-players? Or were the group of morons there today just a one off?

Absolutely delighted we won that.
Christ, it was rubbish though.

Very little else to be said from a Queens perspective.

It’s a welcome win but did little to change the widely held viewpoint that we are in for a very long season. Absolutely grim fare on show today.

The noticeable increase in El Bakhtaoui’s confidence after his well taken goal was about the only positive.

Avoiding the obvious comments about our midfielders being duds, the real negative was Stephen Dobbie. It’s heartbreaking to see him perform so poorly. He genuinely looks finished.

6 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Avoiding the obvious comments about our midfielders being duds, the real negative was Stephen Dobbie. It’s heartbreaking to see him perform so poorly. He genuinely looks finished.

I'm actively resisting reaching the same conclusion.

I still think he's our best bet and would start him every week, even from a wheelchair.  I wonder though.  It's maybe just that he's had a couple of poor games.  It's maybe just that he's not quite fully fit.  

I worry though that time might have caught up sufficiently to dull his genius.  I'll reserve judgement for a bit though, and even then give him the benefit of any doubt.  He at least deserves that from us.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

I'm actively resisting reaching the same conclusion.
I still think he's our best bet and would start him every week, even from a wheelchair.  I wonder though.  It's maybe just that he's had a couple of poor games.  It's maybe just that he's not quite fully fit.  
I worry though that time might have caught up sufficiently to dull his genius.  I'll reserve judgement for a bit though, and even then give him the benefit of any doubt.  He at least deserves that from us.

Yeah I’m not saying he is but he’s playing like it just now.

I’m hopeful it’s just match sharpness that’s missing as he took his time returning to form after his spells out last season.

It’s a worry though. Ignoring his age and recent injuries, all the travelling must take it’s toll, not to mention carrying our team for the last few years.

Today is probably the worst I’ve seen him play. His touch was off, he was slack in possession and he was miles off the pace.

Why oh why does Lewis Kidd get such a hard time! He is so underrated. Having a midfielder who keeps the ball so well and always picks out the right pass is such a bonus. I wasnt very pleased when he returned but I feel his criticism is way over the top. 

Kidd gets to take home the award for “less bad of the two central midfielders” tonight, but purely due to Pybus being absolutely shocking.

Stephen Simmons and Scott McLaughlan were genuinely a better midfield pairing.