Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
GNU_Linux

Today's scores 7/9

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, dreggin said:

https://kilwinningsportsclub.co.uk/  -----------                                Just in case the last poster wasn't believed 

Fantastic to have a charity do all of that for the club.New ground and set up provided at short notice-wish we had charities of that type in Glasgow!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a bit ironic a fan of the team with the largest support and the biggest playing squad complaining(wrongly) about council helping the Buffs and not them.

Trim a few players and build a toilet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

Fantastic to have a charity do all of that for the club.New ground and set up provided at short notice-wish we had charities of that type in Glasgow!

I am not a Buffs man I am a Medda supporter and well done Buffs they had to get out of Abbey Park it was a poor ground and would have get worst. Pollok were offered £750,000 and a new ground and a new club moved into Pollokshaws  Pollok refused the offer in the 70s

Edited by dreggin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
" Oh! Wad some pow'r, the giftie gie us, tae see oorselves as ithers see us ..."
I presume you're being presumptious when you claim The Council should get the credit for the recent changes at the new Buffs Park, did you not notice the Assemblage of Buildings still occupying a third of the car park, unable yet to be put to use.   Other ground improvements are soon to be completed, thanks to the Committee's efforts.
As for the Half-time incident.  For the first half I was standing behind the Pollok dug-out and your manager was doing what all managers do ... bawling at the referee and constantly complaining.  They all do it.  Partisanship, that's what prevents them from being as vehement in the defence of their foes when incorrect refereeing takes place.  Your team have a Gruesome threesome, the Pearl Divers or Prile of Divers, numbered 8, 9, and 10.  It may be clever but it is still deceitful and CHEATING.  But they got away with it, that's why it will continue, it succeeds.   
Your manager shouted at the referee when there was an incident about the halfway line ... " That's 15 fouls that boy's had".  Clearly a gross exaggeration, maybe 3 or 4.   Chris Strain shouted down the touchline telling the Pollok manager to concentrate on his own players and was told, " Who are you talking to? ... you fucking wee b*****d!"  Strain came down the touchline and it was agreed that they would discuss it further at the dressing room.  Several of the Pollok subs started haranguing Strain on behalf of their beloved manager ( is this the same guy who famously stood on top of his dug-out and berated his own fans? I think we should be told! ) and at the half-time whistle there was a vigorous exchange of handbags with much chest bumping and that peculiar excessive aggression from guys kidding on they are trying to separate combatants when they are actually trying to surreptitiously inflict damage.   I witnessed several Pollok subs aiming kicks into the general melee.  At the final whistle there was an outbreak of renewed comradeship between Chris Strain and Napoleon.  
Just in the passing I should remark about your number 5 (ex Medda man) who had an excellent game even allowing for his molesting of Carlo Monti but I thought he deserved the Man of the Match award for the novel way he blocked a thunderous Carlo Monti rocket shot with his 'Baws'.   In future he might consider wearing a Cricketer's plastic box to allow him to contribute further to the gene pool.   
Great post sums up what pollok think they are. And what there not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So you left when Connor got taken off, surprise surprise! Both teams were poor and a mistake was all that separated them! Seemed to have no energy about us and struggled to create much up front, don't think the bankies keeper had a save to make in the 2nd half till Gunner fired straight at him near the end!

You do talk some shite at times OW 🤪. When I left Conor ( correct spelling) was still on the park.

He’s old news now, though I’ve said it many times he and Chris D would be missed down here. Look we need to concentrate on what we have in the squad, without doubt we will struggle for consistency this season. We ( supporters )can not be happy with the way we’re playing and yesterday proved this to me. Hence my one man protest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dreggin said:

I am not a Buffs man I am a Medda supporter and well done Buffs they had to get out of Abbey Park it was a poor ground and would have get worst. Pollok were offered £750,000 and a new ground and a new club moved into Pollokshaws  Pollok refused the offer in the 70s

Yes they did-by a private developer who would have sold the club very short.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ringford10 said:
11 hours ago, Marlowe said:
" Oh! Wad some pow'r, the giftie gie us, tae see oorselves as ithers see us ..."
I presume you're being presumptious when you claim The Council should get the credit for the recent changes at the new Buffs Park, did you not notice the Assemblage of Buildings still occupying a third of the car park, unable yet to be put to use.   Other ground improvements are soon to be completed, thanks to the Committee's efforts.
As for the Half-time incident.  For the first half I was standing behind the Pollok dug-out and your manager was doing what all managers do ... bawling at the referee and constantly complaining.  They all do it.  Partisanship, that's what prevents them from being as vehement in the defence of their foes when incorrect refereeing takes place.  Your team have a Gruesome threesome, the Pearl Divers or Prile of Divers, numbered 8, 9, and 10.  It may be clever but it is still deceitful and CHEATING.  But they got away with it, that's why it will continue, it succeeds.   
Your manager shouted at the referee when there was an incident about the halfway line ... " That's 15 fouls that boy's had".  Clearly a gross exaggeration, maybe 3 or 4.   Chris Strain shouted down the touchline telling the Pollok manager to concentrate on his own players and was told, " Who are you talking to? ... you fucking wee b*****d!"  Strain came down the touchline and it was agreed that they would discuss it further at the dressing room.  Several of the Pollok subs started haranguing Strain on behalf of their beloved manager ( is this the same guy who famously stood on top of his dug-out and berated his own fans? I think we should be told! ) and at the half-time whistle there was a vigorous exchange of handbags with much chest bumping and that peculiar excessive aggression from guys kidding on they are trying to separate combatants when they are actually trying to surreptitiously inflict damage.   I witnessed several Pollok subs aiming kicks into the general melee.  At the final whistle there was an outbreak of renewed comradeship between Chris Strain and Napoleon.  
Just in the passing I should remark about your number 5 (ex Medda man) who had an excellent game even allowing for his molesting of Carlo Monti but I thought he deserved the Man of the Match award for the novel way he blocked a thunderous Carlo Monti rocket shot with his 'Baws'.   In future he might consider wearing a Cricketer's plastic box to allow him to contribute further to the gene pool.   

Great post sums up what pollok think they are. And what there not.

What’s that-a side far more successful than Kilwinning?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dreggin said:

I am not a Buffs man I am a Medda supporter and well done Buffs they had to get out of Abbey Park it was a poor ground and would have get worst. Pollok were offered £750,000 and a new ground and a new club moved into Pollokshaws  Pollok refused the offer in the 70s

Yes Shabby Park was a disgrace for a team backed by multi millionaire businessmen but Lok held firm with smaller scale committee and local sponsor backing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What’s that-a side far more successful than Kilwinning?

That’s a particularly arrogant comment. I would hardly say Pollok were a far more successful side. Maybe as a loyal fan you should try reading up on your teams history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, The viper said:


That’s a particularly arrogant comment. I would hardly say Pollok were a far more successful side. Maybe as a loyal fan you should try reading up on your teams history.

Maybe you should.Try super league titles-or Junior Cup wins-or West of Scotland Cups etc etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maybe you should.Try super league titles-or Junior Cup wins-or West of Scotland Cups etc etc.

Yeah Buffs have won them all. As have many other junior teams.

For the first 70 years of their history Pollok are described as being one of many average clubs in junior football in Glasgow!

You are only confirming what the original poster said about what you think you are. A couple of period of success since the 80’s doesn’t put you in the same class as other teams. It wasn’t too long ago Pollok were being relegated and having all sorts of issues. Show a bit of humility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

Yes they did-by a private developer who would have sold the club very short.

 A new park and( I seen the plans) and a new social club and £750,000 in their bank would have made the club very short    Nonsense

Edited by dreggin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, dreggin said:

 A new park and( I seen the plans) and a new social club and £750,000 in their bank would have made the club very short    Nonsense

Michael Kelly who was behind it all was not there to do Pollok any favours.It was considered in detail by the committee under professional advice and was rejected on that basis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The viper said:


Yeah Buffs have won them all. As have many other junior teams.

For the first 70 years of their history Pollok are described as being one of many average clubs in junior football in Glasgow!

You are only confirming what the original poster said about what you think you are. A couple of period of success since the 80’s doesn’t put you in the same class as other teams. It wasn’t too long ago Pollok were being relegated and having all sorts of issues. Show a bit of humility.

But not as often as Lok-and that’s fact.And Lok were relegated once and immediately returned as Champions unlike Kilwinning who were bankrolled to success by McCluckie and as soon as the money was pulled out spent a decade in the wilderness!

Apart from Auchinleck what other teams can match Polloks honours record.Linlithgow are the only one I can think of.And it doesn’t matter when the trophies were won-the fact is they were.

Its not about humility-it’s about defending your club when all sorts of nonsensical and unfounded slatings are being dished out.

Edited by Lokloyal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

Michael Kelly who was behind it all was not there to do Pollok any favours.It was considered in detail by the committee under professional advice and was rejected on that basis.

Yes it was Kelly they wanted the garage the cooperage and Newlandsfield. The problem was the Club was a goldmine and they thought some people would not have went in the same numbers to the new club in such a "tough area" ie  behind the Orange Club in the Shaws.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
But not as often as Lok-and that’s fact.And Lok were relegated once and immediately returned as Champions unlike Kilwinning who were bankrolled to success by McCluckie and as soon as the money was pulled out spent a decade in the wilderness!
Apart from Auchinleck what other teams can match Polloks honours record.Linlithgow are the only one I can think of.And it doesn’t matter when the trophies were won-the fact is they were.
Its not about humility-it’s about defending your club when all sorts of nonsensical and unfounded slatings are being dished out.

It’s about being arrogant and ignorant, nobody denied Pollok deserved to win at the weekend, but I would hardly say you were a far more successful club.

Moreover you just seem to have erased the likes of Cambuslang, Petershill, Irvine Meadow and countless others who have been arguably more successful over their history than your lot- as you say it doesn’t matter when the trophies were won!

Again you are only backing up what you think you are, compared to what you really are. Out the trophies you mentioned, how may have you won in the last 10 years? One? Hardly dominating the junior game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like some pollok supporters are rather touchy even snowflake like kilwinning are on a journey at the moment all is well thank you pollok for the reality check on Saturday of which I'm sure the young squad will learn and progress where is pollok have been standing still for the last 10 kilwinning are at the start of a journey with Hope's for the future ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seems like some pollok supporters are rather touchy even snowflake like kilwinning are on a journey at the moment all is well thank you pollok for the reality check on Saturday of which I'm sure the young squad will learn and progress where is pollok have been standing still for the last 10 kilwinning are at the start of a journey with Hope's for the future ..

I’m sure you are missing a couple of starts of a couple of sentences in there too....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...