Today's scores 7/9

GNU_Linux

13 hours ago, The viper said:

It’s about being arrogant and ignorant, nobody denied Pollok deserved to win at the weekend, but I would hardly say you were a far more successful club.

Moreover you just seem to have erased the likes of Cambuslang, Petershill, Irvine Meadow and countless others who have been arguably more successful over their history than your lot- as you say it doesn’t matter when the trophies were won!

Again you are only backing up what you think you are, compared to what you really are. Out the trophies you mentioned, how may have you won in the last 10 years? One? Hardly dominating the junior game!

And what is it that we really are compared to Kilwinning?

57 minutes ago, nicotina said:

get ur facts right    in the last 10 yrs we have won 1 west, 1 sectional league cup, 4 central league cups1 evening times trophy

could be better like u said

And the First Division title and lost the Scottish on penalties.Not bad for a team struggling!

get ur facts right    in the last 10 yrs we have won 1 west, 1 sectional league cup, 4 central league cups1 evening times trophy
could be better like u said

He mentioned three trophies, which he seemed to be using as a marker, of which you had won one of in the last 10 years.

But what is it we really are Mr Viper-compared to Kilwinning?

You are no different to Kilwinning and any other junior team trying to make a go of it.

You are not far more successful, it’s you that said it doesn’t matter when trophies are won, as long as they have been won, Kilwinning have won plenty in their history, probably about the same amount of league titles, as have numerous other junior teams.

You said the only teams comparable to you are Talbot and Linlithgow, there are plenty of teams with a history and success as good if not greater than yours. I think Cambuslang for example were named junior team of the 20th century. The Meadow have won the West more than you and have a comparable Scottish Cup record. There will be loads of teams that have won more than you.

Pollok also had a hard time a few years ago, but managed to get sorted, so you should know the hard work and commitment that takes. Success for some junior teams these days is just keeping going.

You made a comment which came across as arrogant, and have continued to try and back it up. Yeah Pollok are a successful team, and in all honesty should probably have been more successful given their catchment area, but as I said you are not far more successful.

Yes it would have been great to have won more Super League titles and Scottish cups but the period after 2009/10 was testing for the club both on and off the park.Despite managerial upheavals and a financial restructuring on the social club side of thinks the Club still managed to win a number of trophies,narrowly lose the Scottish final and develop its youth Academy significantly.Football is cyclical and Pollok will continue to build again.

Yes it would have been great to have won more Super League titles and Scottish cups but the period after 2009/10 was testing for the club both on and off the park.Despite managerial upheavals and a financial restructuring on the social club side of thinks the Club still managed to win a number of trophies,narrowly lose the Scottish final and develop its youth Academy significantly.Football is cyclical and Pollok will continue to build again.
Maybe try building a toilet , shocking that last time I visited pollok I had to stand in a brick walled off area that belongs in the 60s for a pea, god knows where you go for a dump,

2 hours ago, qwerty said:
9 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

Maybe try building a toilet , shocking that last time I visited pollok I had to stand in a brick walled off area that belongs in the 60s for a pea, god knows where you go for a dump,

Hope it wasn’t too mushy.....

10 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

I will back Pollok up in many ways to the hilt when required and yes I do get bored on here with all the too and throwing of daft arguments but please do not say they have developed the Pollok Youth academy. Pollok FC  certainly have not and its an insult to the volunteers who have constantly worked for the academy to get them a Scottish platinum quality mark which only a few Scottish academies have and the only one as far as I know to have acknowledgment from UEFA.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

12 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I will back Pollok up in many ways to the hilt when required and yes I do get bored on here with all the too and throwing of daft arguments but please do not say they have developed the Pollok Youth academy. Pollok FC  certainly have not and its an insult to the volunteers who have constantly worked for the academy to get them a Scottish platinum quality mark which only a few Scottish academies have and the only one as far as I know to have acknowledgment from UEFA.

Apologies-I should have said worked with and assisted rather than developed as I know that Andy Elliot and all the whole volunteer team have given everything to it!

6 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

Apologies-I should have said worked with and assisted rather than developed as I know that Andy Elliot and all the whole volunteer team have given everything to it!

Sorry, they did not work with or assisted.

I was at the heart of it and sometimes I was coaching 5 days a week at Pollok academy, working with youth coaches and different youth ages as well as my designated team and during that spell, successful I may add in winning leagues and helping produce boys for a higher level, we never had any help from any first team coaching staff except once, when one of the coaches took one training session and the manager was at 5 games in 2 years at our successful U19s youth team .

The first team now train down at nethercraigs, beside most teams in the youth academy so there may have been changes now and more connection but from 2016 to midway through 2018/19 season when I left it was not inspiring to say the least.

I'd say its probably best to end it there.

Pollok juniors are a successful team but should be winning more, the fans want it, the management want it and the committee want it, just working together is the best way.     Every other junior teams in the west have the same views, well should do and some are more or less successful than Pollok in recent years. I'm sure every fan of each team have their own view of how good their team is, has been and intend to be, so keep on supporting your teams through thick and thin

3 minutes ago, Viewparker said:

This is a strange thing place for a Pollok “love in”  

I’m not complaining but these spats usually take place on their heavily moderated forum  

Its not a pollok spat, I think its a Killwinning fan and a pollok fan with different views but I think ultimately were all betting to see if we all can get this post to have the most views for a 'Todays score' post :-))

Are we there yet ?