Today's scores 7/9

GNU_Linux

Dundee North End 3 Lochee United 1

A Gary Sutherland hat-trick inside 10 second half minutes consigned champions Lochee United to their second defeat of the season, meaning they have now dropped more league points than they did in the whole of last season.

The visitors started strongly, with former Doken, Kevin Milne, heading over the bar in the first minute. That was followed by a Grant Lawson shot that hit the side netting.

The home team replied with a Robert Malone header easily dealt with by keeper John Sinclair and a Brian Rice cross that was just too strong for the inrushing Sutherland.

On the 20 minute mark Lochee took the lead. A Logan Davie corner was met by the head of Danny MILLAR who despatched the ball past Neal Ferrie in the home goal.

Despite having the bulk of possession the Bluebells were finding it difficult to penetrate a stuffy North End defence and it was five minutes before the break before they troubled Ferrie again, Milne’s shot rebounding off the keeper’s legs.

At the other end Sinclair wasn’t seeing too much action but he had to look lively to deny Sutherland when the striker broke through.

The second half was to see the game turned completely on its head. After having a goal disallowed for offside, the Dokens were soon back on the attack and, on 50 minutes Ryan Rigden’s cross was met at the far post by SUTHERLAND to put North End on level terms.

Lochee suffered a blow when central defender Garry Kenneth had to go off at this stage, with Reece Ritchie coming on and a defensive reshuffle having to take place.

Seven minutes later, the home team grabbed the lead. A short passback by Stephen McNally was picked up and squared to SUTHERLAND who made no mistake from close range.

On the hour mark North End struck again. A long ball out of defence was chased by SUTHERLAND who beat Sinclair to the ball and scored with ease.

Sinclair almost gifted the striker a fourth with a loose ball which fell at the North End man’s feet just outside the penalty area, but the ball was cleared.

Lochee tried hard to get back into the game but a resilient Dokens defence blocked them at every turn and the home side deservedly ran out winners against a side which suffered a rare off day.

Best for North End were Sutherland and former Dundee full back Brian Rice who actually played for Lochee United in one of their pre-season games.

For Lochee, Logan Davie continued his recent good form but, like his team mates, grew more frustrated as the game wore on.

North End: Ferrie, Gibb, Rice, Ballantyne, Lunan, Allan, Rigden, Smith, Sutherland (Thomson 80), Malone (McArtney 62), Devine.

Lochee United: Sinclair, Millar, Kenneth (Ritchie 50), Kirk, McNally, Cavanagh, Davie (Gallacher 78), Lawson (Buchan 78), Blair, Milne, McComiskie.

32 minutes ago, nicotina said:

kilwinning 0 lok 3 ht0-2

forde 2 s mccann

impressed with the new ground

but cover is needed

strain is a total liability + embarassment

Yes decent set up and looks like work still being done to complete it-it does have the problem a number of the new grounds Have ie a lack of elevation to see the game and as such capacity to hold a big cup tie for example and no cover at all.Great to see the Council however getting behind a local side to provide these facilities-wish Glasgow City Council would give Lok a tenth of that support and backing for anything.

Good composed controlled performance by Lok to dominate the game and strike the killer blows.

Wondered what was going on with the wee baldy Kilwinning coaching guy in blue T-shirt and shorts trying to fight the Lok players at half time while being restrained by an elderly local supporter.Anyone know?

Maryhill 2 Girvan 1 - H.T 1.0

1.0 up against the run of play when Girvan had 4 shots on goal then a great corner on the right side from the Maryhill left back, the ball landed after a header in the middle of the 6 yard box with the melee ensue in the goalmouth the ball was hit into the net and Maryhill scored.
Maryhill looked sharper on the break and were dealing with Girvan after about 25 minutes. Maryhill hit the bar in the first half and should have been 2 up Second half it was usually Girvan on attack and from the last half hour stayed the same but the breakaways from Maryhill were excellent and they really should have scored. Second half it was Girvan again going at Maryhill but stopping short of the penalty area and any shots they did have were skied over with each player leaning back as they shot. Girvan eventually scored with 15 minutes to go, a peach from their blond central midfielder from just outside the penalty area in the middle and right in over to the keepers right.  There was a melee where Girvan hit the post and  at the same incident the ball was headed off the line .  Then with 5 minutes to go an even better goal from Mayhill on the left side, player cuttng in and firing a curing shot into the top right hand corner of the goal as we look at it.  Right at the end the Girvan had a claim for a penalty that referee never gave. To be honest it did look in favour of Girvan for a penalty but the referee was definitely on the wrong side. In saying that the management, coaches and fans of Girvan were going auff their nut at the refer and his decisions but they don't really help themselves shouting at daft stuff so not wonder nay 50/50 went against them.  The coaching staff ran onto the pitch at the final whistle towards the referee and can understand how they felt but you cannot do that.

Definitely thought before the game that it would be a Girvan win and even at 1.0 and throughout the match and then the equalizer I still thought Girvan would win but hats off to Maryhill they stuck to their task and did well.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Hard fought three points for Hurlford today. Took the lead from a successful training ground set piece (well done big JG). Jack Whittaker fortunate to stay on the park after raising his hands in retaliation to a brutal foul by the RV fullback. Ford keeper Chris Murchie defended the lead with two top class first half saves.

Rossvale had most of the second half, but lacked a cutting edge. Hurlford created a few chances, but failed to kill off the game. 1-0 was probably about all the game was worth (thru my red tinted glasses), but I'm sure DanMan thinks RV deserved a point and he's probably right (BTW sorry we didn't get a chat Dan, my fault entirely - hopefully we'll rectify that in the return match).

East Kilbride thistle 3 Lanark United 3. First half all E K thistle, Lanark players not in the game . Second half all Lanark great turn around to get the point with all the chances Lanark had they should probably have won.

1 hour ago, ex-german exile said:

Hard fought three points for Hurlford today. Took the lead from a successful training ground set piece (well done big JG). Jack Whittaker fortunate to stay on the park after raising his hands in retaliation to a brutal foul by the RV fullback. Ford keeper Chris Murchie defended the lead with two top class first half saves.

Rossvale had most of the second half, but lacked a cutting edge. Hurlford created a few chances, but failed to kill off the game. 1-0 was probably about all the game was worth (thru my red tinted glasses), but I'm sure DanMan thinks RV deserved a point and he's probably right (BTW sorry we didn't get a chat Dan, my fault entirely - hopefully we'll rectify that in the return match).

Will defo catch up at your place mate. It was actually the Rossvale 11 (McGonigle) that commited the free kick, wasn't brutal, but was a yellow. How the boy stayed on the park for the retalliation was laughable tbh. If they show video's at referee school as to what makes a red card, then that was it. The goal comes from a corner that is a goal kick, but we should have defended it better. Thought we were worth a point, but thats fitba. 

We were down to the bare bones today, McG shouldn't have been anywhere near the team today as he has been ill all week, and it showed. 

We have had a difficult start, but still enjoying every game at this level. 

A good & deserved 3 points for us today against a very well organised Benburb . Not much to write home about in the 1st part of the game . Bens had a bit of pressure the 1sf 20 minutes without creating anything . A well taken diving header opened the scoring midway through the 1st & truth be told that would have been enough but we confirned the win with a well taken 2nd from Peter Mcgill.

Yes decent set up and looks like work still being done to complete it-it does have the problem a number of the new grounds Have ie a lack of elevation to see the game and as such capacity to hold a big cup tie for example and no cover at all.Great to see the Council however getting behind a local side to provide these facilities-wish Glasgow City Council would give Lok a tenth of that support and backing for anything.
Good composed controlled performance by Lok to dominate the game and strike the killer blows.
Wondered what was going on with the wee baldy Kilwinning coaching guy in blue T-shirt and shorts trying to fight the Lok players at half time while being restrained by an elderly local supporter.Anyone know?

Just a knob who got put in his place after the match.

So you left when Connor got taken off, surprise surprise! Both teams were poor and a mistake was all that separated them! Seemed to have no energy about us and struggled to create much up front, don't think the bankies keeper had a save to make in the 2nd half till Gunner fired straight at him near the end!

What a F’ing shambles [emoji35]take nothing away from Clydebank [emoji122] but we need to get things sorted,
I left with twenty to go, it was embarrassing to watch [emoji58]

What a F’ing shambles [emoji35]take nothing away from Clydebank [emoji122] but we need to get things sorted,
I left with twenty to go, it was embarrassing to watch [emoji58]
Wasnt much of a game happy 2 take the 3 points tho thought our boys battled the full 90 minutes. The pitch wis brilliant pity there wasnt much football played on it.

Mon the papers.

16 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

" Oh! Wad some pow'r, the giftie gie us, tae see oorselves as ithers see us ..."

I presume you're being presumptious when you claim The Council should get the credit for the recent changes at the new Buffs Park, did you not notice the Assemblage of Buildings still occupying a third of the car park, unable yet to be put to use.   Other ground improvements are soon to be completed, thanks to the Committee's efforts.

As for the Half-time incident.  For the first half I was standing behind the Pollok dug-out and your manager was doing what all managers do ... bawling at the referee and constantly complaining.  They all do it.  Partisanship, that's what prevents them from being as vehement in the defence of their foes when incorrect refereeing takes place.  Your team have a Gruesome threesome, the Pearl Divers or Prile of Divers, numbered 8, 9, and 10.  It may be clever but it is still deceitful and CHEATING.  But they got away with it, that's why it will continue, it succeeds.   

Your manager shouted at the referee when there was an incident about the halfway line ... " That's 15 fouls that boy's had".  Clearly a gross exaggeration, maybe 3 or 4.   Chris Strain shouted down the touchline telling the Pollok manager to concentrate on his own players and was told, " Who are you talking to? ... you fucking wee b*****d!"  Strain came down the touchline and it was agreed that they would discuss it further at the dressing room.  Several of the Pollok subs started haranguing Strain on behalf of their beloved manager ( is this the same guy who famously stood on top of his dug-out and berated his own fans? I think we should be told! ) and at the half-time whistle there was a vigorous exchange of handbags with much chest bumping and that peculiar excessive aggression from guys kidding on they are trying to separate combatants when they are actually trying to surreptitiously inflict damage.   I witnessed several Pollok subs aiming kicks into the general melee.  At the final whistle there was an outbreak of renewed comradeship between Chris Strain and Napoleon.  

Just in the passing I should remark about your number 5 (ex Medda man) who had an excellent game even allowing for his molesting of Carlo Monti but I thought he deserved the Man of the Match award for the novel way he blocked a thunderous Carlo Monti rocket shot with his 'Baws'.   In future he might consider wearing a Cricketer's plastic box to allow him to contribute further to the gene pool.   

1 hour ago, Marlowe said:

" Oh! Wad some pow'r, the giftie gie us, tae see oorselves as ithers see us ..."

I presume you're being presumptious when you claim The Council should get the credit for the recent changes at the new Buffs Park, did you not notice the Assemblage of Buildings still occupying a third of the car park, unable yet to be put to use.   Other ground improvements are soon to be completed, thanks to the Committee's efforts.

As for the Half-time incident.  For the first half I was standing behind the Pollok dug-out and your manager was doing what all managers do ... bawling at the referee and constantly complaining.  They all do it.  Partisanship, that's what prevents them from being as vehement in the defence of their foes when incorrect refereeing takes place.  Your team have a Gruesome threesome, the Pearl Divers or Prile of Divers, numbered 8, 9, and 10.  It may be clever but it is still deceitful and CHEATING.  But they got away with it, that's why it will continue, it succeeds.   

Your manager shouted at the referee when there was an incident about the halfway line ... " That's 15 fouls that boy's had".  Clearly a gross exaggeration, maybe 3 or 4.   Chris Strain shouted down the touchline telling the Pollok manager to concentrate on his own players and was told, " Who are you talking to? ... you fucking wee b*****d!"  Strain came down the touchline and it was agreed that they would discuss it further at the dressing room.  Several of the Pollok subs started haranguing Strain on behalf of their beloved manager ( is this the same guy who famously stood on top of his dug-out and berated his own fans? I think we should be told! ) and at the half-time whistle there was a vigorous exchange of handbags with much chest bumping and that peculiar excessive aggression from guys kidding on they are trying to separate combatants when they are actually trying to surreptitiously inflict damage.   I witnessed several Pollok subs aiming kicks into the general melee.  At the final whistle there was an outbreak of renewed comradeship between Chris Strain and Napoleon.  

Just in the passing I should remark about your number 5 (ex Medda man) who had an excellent game even allowing for his molesting of Carlo Monti but I thought he deserved the Man of the Match award for the novel way he blocked a thunderous Carlo Monti rocket shot with his 'Baws'.   In future he might consider wearing a Cricketer's plastic box to allow him to contribute further to the gene pool.   

An interesting if not strange reply and even tipping a nod to the Bard..

Do or did the Council not have any role to play at all in respect of the new set up?I had heard from a Kilwinning guy that they do and that they have afforded incredibly cheap rental for both the ground rental and training park rental per annum.Maybe he was incorrect.Pollok have had zero assistance from Glasgow City Council over many decades on any proposed projects-But if Kilwinning are doing all of this and funding it all themselves without any assistance from the local authority I stand corrected.Whatever was done you are a fortunate club to have been able to pick up a new facility so quickly after being removed from the old one.

It looked like Fraser,McCann and Forde got the usual treatment from big limited defenders who don’t have the pace to keep up with them-as was demonstrated by them scoring all three goals-as they say tunnel vision and all that!Kilwinning looked a pretty average side who we controlled fairly easily and who frankly offered little and as a result got well beaten.We expected a much harder game but it didn’t transpire.As for Carlo surprised he is still with you but he will come to a point where there is an issue and then will be off.We know too well.His best days are definitely in the past.

Thanks for expanding on the melee.I couldn’t see the full extent from the other side but did see the wee baldy guy being restrained by an elderly local while trying to fight with all and sundry.Not a good look.Was that Strain?And no-our current manager has never been involved with our fans from the top of dugouts.

Grant Evans did have a decent game-but as said above Monti has run out of tricks and as we saw many years ago doesn’t perform in big games.

A fan of Kilwinning Rangers commenting on an opponents manager shouting at officials without a hint of irony. A team managed by one of the biggest gobs in junior football.

I was over the other side of the park and there was only one voice I constantly heard and that wasn’t Murdies.

1 hour ago, Lokloyal said:

An interesting if not strange reply and even tipping a nod to the Bard..

Do or did the Council not have any role to play at all in respect of the new set up?I had heard from a Kilwinning guy that they do and that they have afforded incredibly cheap rental for both the ground rental and training park rental per annum.Maybe he was incorrect.Pollok have had zero assistance from Glasgow City Council over many decades on any proposed projects-But if Kilwinning are doing all of this and funding it all themselves without any assistance from the local authority I stand corrected.Whatever was done you are a fortunate club to have been able to pick up a new facility so quickly after being removed from the old one.

It looked like Fraser,McCann and Forde got the usual treatment from big limited defenders who don’t have the pace to keep up with them-as was demonstrated by them scoring all three goals-as they say tunnel vision and all that!Kilwinning looked a pretty average side who we controlled fairly easily and who frankly offered little and as a result got well beaten.We expected a much harder game but it didn’t transpire.As for Carlo surprised he is still with you but he will come to a point where there is an issue and then will be off.We know too well.His best days are definitely in the past.

Thanks for expanding on the melee.I couldn’t see the full extent from the other side but did see the wee baldy guy being restrained by an elderly local while trying to fight with all and sundry.Not a good look.Was that Strain?And no-our current manager has never been involved with our fans from the top of dugouts.

Grant Evans did have a decent game-but as said above Monti has run out of tricks and as we saw many years ago doesn’t perform in big games.

North Ayrshire council have put no money into the buffs moving all monies have been put in by the club. The council do not own the facility only the land it sits on the facility is community run by volunteers.