Rossvale Juniors fc Management position

ROSS-THISTLE-76

The committee of Rossvale juniors football club would like to extend an invite out for applications for our vacant managers post.

All applications should be sent onto club secretary Andy Sandilands by email at andysandilands49@gmail.com or by calling Andy on 07908713302.

Entries will close by 5pm on Sunday 8th September.

Good luck to DG. Will be interesting to see who he brings in with him, will Butch join him?

Wouldn’t surprise me to see him do well, intelligent footballer will have decent contacts and always active on the touch line when not playing or even taking shooting drills in warm ups at the end of his time at Pollok 

We had DG down at Loch Park - 08-09, he also went onto play for Talbot. Think he played for Rob Roy too? And as mentioned above he was with the Lok. So he certainly knows his way around the Junior game, best of luck Rossvale [emoji1303] on paper it seems a good appointment. DG [emoji6]all the very best to you [emoji122]

years ago we gave John Richardson and John Mitchell there first management job they were young(for managers)an hungry and they did a fantastic job , and we had some good success aswell and a few trophies, it can work [emoji16]
Only thing i worry about for David Gormley is the top division is so unforgiving, it's a hard place to learn on the job , i wish him well .

2 hours ago, kilsyth ranger said:

years ago we gave John Richardson and John Mitchell there first management job they were young(for managers)an hungry and they did a fantastic job , and we had some good success aswell and a few trophies, it can work emoji16.png
Only thing i worry about for David Gormley is the top division is so unforgiving, it's a hard place to learn on the job , i wish him well .

To be fair to the Rossvale committee, they appointed a rookie manager 2 seasons ago.... That didn't go too badly

Good luck to David in his first managerial appointment.
His last games for Pollok played was to help the Lok out as he was struggling with injury but Pollok had too many players unavailable so he said he would play.
In that regards he has a good attitude and was a presence about the park.
He will get things wrong during his reign and will get things right, same as every premiership manager this season, hope he gets most right and learns from the mistakes as some managers do not learn..

Right now, I've watched Rossvale a few times and from every team I've seen so far in the premier, I expect Rossvale to go down so a few changes have to be made.
its not a view expecting to be ridicule's, its just a view of watching them so far and other teams, having coached at Rossvale academy and then recently been asked again I want to see Rossvale do well

4 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Good luck to David in his first managerial appointment.
His last games for Pollok played was to help the Lok out as he was struggling with injury but Pollok had too many players unavailable so he said he would play.
In that regards he has a good attitude and was a presence about the park.
He will get things wrong during his reign and will get things right, same as every premiership manager this season, hope he gets most right and learns from the mistakes as some managers do not learn..

Right now, I've watched Rossvale a few times and from every team I've seen so far in the premier, I expect Rossvale to go down so a few changes have to be made.
its not a view expecting to be ridicule's, its just a view of watching them so far and other teams, having coached at Rossvale academy and then recently been asked again I want to see Rossvale do well

i hear sean Higgins joined use good luck to him nice lad

6 minutes ago, steviethebankie said:

i hear sean Higgins joined use good luck to him nice lad

Sorry I'm not with Rossvale youth academy any longer.

I remember him last year as I was coaching with the Clydebank U19s.
Yip, he's a nice lad, , totally agree and very accommodating..

My own personal viewpoint, hope he doesn't go over as a player / coach, think he should stick to the coaching.
Think he was taking on too much  with the duel role and best to concentrate on one

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Sorry I'm not with Rossvale youth academy any longer.

I remember him last year as I was coaching with the Clydebank U19s.
Yip, he's a nice lad, , totally agree and very accommodating..

My own personal viewpoint, hope he doesn't go over as a player / coach, think he should stick to the coaching.
Think he was taking on too much  with the duel role and best to concentrate on one

yes dont want to talk bad of him but thinking coaching be his best role as a player maybe time to take a step back

2 minutes ago, steviethebankie said:

yes dont want to talk bad of him but thinking coaching be his best role as a player maybe time to take a step back

I don't mean it in a bad way, just the pressure of trying to get Clydebank higher on the coaching side and playing is a bit too much as he sometimes seemed to take too much responsibility on the park and you could see it effected him if they didn't do well.

I think its going to be an interesting management and coaching team. As players you pick up coaching tips and ideas and have your own vision. I have worked with coaches whom I get on well with but my vision and way to play might be a little different to them.  I'm looking forward to see how David and the rest of his team fair.  Good luck to them all

If David can manage the same way as he played the game, then Rossvale will do just fine.That cup final winning year at Talbot, when he scored winner against Linlithgow  was the best forward at Beechwood since Gordon Mills, in my opinion.All the best to Mr Gormley, and wish him and Rossvale a successful adventure in the  top league.