Line up face Belgium

2 hours ago, Adolfo Rios said:

Marshall

-------------------------D O N A L D T R U M P S W A L L------------------------ 

Palmer               Bates              Cooper         Mulgrew         Robertson

Forrest                McGinn          McTominay    McGregor      Fraser

Phillips (More mobile than McBurnie)      

Trump's wall doesn't really exist, although there's significant potential on the left end.

Much like...

2 minutes ago, Miss Tea Spoon said:

Belgium looked really poor on Friday. This must be Scotland's best chance at a win against them since... well, ages.

I agree, the quite frankly tedious negativity going into this game is really starting to frustrate me,

We have the ability to hurt teams make no mistake about it!

I have a feeling we may have another special night at Hampden tonight!

Scotland 0-5 Belgium 

21 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

I agree, the quite frankly tedious negativity going into this game is really starting to frustrate me,

We have the ability to hurt teams make no mistake about it!

I have a feeling we may have another special night at Hampden tonight!

Scotland 0-5 Belgium 

Can we at least get a goal? Maybe a pity penalty for big gangly McBurnie, converted by Snodgrass. Would be good if it could be an early goal rather than a late, late consolation goal, but beggars can’t be choosers.

Edited by Scary Bear

Just now, Scary Bear said:

Can we at least get a goal? Maybe a pity penalty for big gangly McBurnie, converted by Snodgrass. Would be good if that good be an early goal rather than a late, late consolation goal, but beggars can’t be choosers.

if we score it'll be Stephen O'Donnell miss hitting a cross that goes straight in.

3 hours ago, Adolfo Rios said:

Marshall

-------------------------D O N A L D T R U M P S W A L L------------------------ 

Palmer               Bates              Cooper         Mulgrew         Robertson

Forrest                McGinn          McTominay    McGregor      Fraser

Phillips (More mobile than McBurnie)      

Leaving the wall aside, I think someone might notice if we start with 12 players!

We should be getting our strongest XI as we see it for the Nation's League on the park for this one, and every other game between now and then. I'd hope he has a rough idea of what that is so four changes seems like overkill.

Based on the players who are available

Marshall

O'Donnell Mulgrew Cooper Robertson

McGinn McTominay McGregor

Fraser Christie Forrest

Christie has to play somewhere so put him in midfield instead of McTominay if people are militant about starting one of our 6 foot lumps of wood up front.

I don't need to see shite like Bates, Jack, McLean, Russell.

10 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

O'Donnell has to start showing improvement, because there's f**k all else at right back.

When Tierney's fit stick him in there and continue to play him every game where him and Roberston are available. Roberston's comparative advantage is going forward, Tierney's comparative advantage is defensively. We need Roberston on his left foot. If Tierney plays 15-20 games at RB over a 2-3 year period he will be continue to improve there.

O'Donnell will never be at the level required.

25 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

We should be getting our strongest XI as we see it for the Nation's League on the park for this one, and every other game between now and then. I'd hope he has a rough idea of what that is so four changes seems like overkill.

Based on the players who are available

Marshall

O'Donnell Mulgrew Cooper Robertson

McGinn McTominay McGregor

Fraser Christie Forrest

Christie has to play somewhere so put him in midfield instead of McTominay if people are militant about starting one of our 6 foot lumps of wood up front.

I don't need to see shite like Bates, Jack, McLean, Russell.

Absolutely no way I’d be playing that same midfield after Friday.

5 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Absolutely no way I’d be playing that same midfield after Friday.

It is near enough an impossibility for us to qualify from this group. That is likely our strongest midfield for the Nations' League and the next campaign. Give them game time together.

5 hours ago, RobbieD said:

Snodgrass, McLean, Christie and Phillips will start.

I have no problem with any of that. Forrest was rank rotten on Friday. McGregor was anonymous.  Like those two along with McBurnie and possibly McGinn get dropped.

We've surely seen enough of Phillips to know that he's nowhere near the required standard. His cameo on Friday night was frankly embarrassing, and that came off the back of an equally woeful sub appearance against Israel when he nearly helped us chuck the game. No matter how badly Forrest played the other night, he's better than that. If he's through the middle instead of McBurnie then it's all much of a muchness, but I'd rather the younger guy got another run rather than Phillips stinking the place out again.

We've surely seen enough of Phillips to know that he's nowhere near the required standard. His cameo on Friday night was frankly embarrassing, and that came off the back of an equally woeful sub appearance against Israel when he nearly helped us chuck the game. No matter how badly Forrest played the other night, he's better than that. If he's through the middle instead of McBurnie then it's all much of a muchness, but I'd rather the younger guy got another run rather than Phillips stinking the place out again.
Have to agree, tho maybe not quite so vociferously. Phillips has looked oddly out of place for us most times he's played. Always seems almost reluctant to use his pace or try anything - the antithesis of Christie.