Away Ticket Pricing

What has St Johnstone got to do with me ? [emoji23]

Apologies for that mistake

It’s usually our correspondents from prosperous Perth who moan the loudest when they can’t buy the shit seats down the front so I must have subconsciously got my saints confused

There is probably a case to be made for us charging St Johnstone fans extra in order to subsidise visitors from economically disadvantaged places like Paisley

A family of 10 people, combination of adults and children, have bought tickets for the next Saints match.

£45 all in.

The BBC claim we're one of the more expensive clubs to watch 😂

You are amongst the most expensive if you don't have kids, which I'm guessing most people don't. Just like Hearts can't use their available on the 31st November if the sky is green prices as a guide, Saints can't purely be judged on family tickets.

The last time I was at McDiarmid I ended up half hoping to see a parent with two kids in front of me so that I could borrow the child to get in cheaper. That can't be normal.

I saw a BBC thing (dunno if it was from this thread sorry) where it claimed Motherwell were the 3rd most expensive for entry program pie and a tea. They also had hearts quite low down the list despite them charging everyone £29

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

You are amongst the most expensive if you don't have kids, which I'm guessing most people don't. Just like Hearts can't use their available on the 31st November if the sky is green prices as a guide, Saints can't purely be judged on family tickets.

The last time I was at McDiarmid I ended up half hoping to see a parent with two kids in front of me so that I could borrow the child to get in cheaper. That can't be normal.

It’s certainly not normal to want to borrow someone else’s child.

18 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The last time I was at McDiarmid I ended up half hoping to see a parent with two kids in front of me so that I could borrow the child

1020353730_giphy(34).gif.2e6a6f1edb90c846e8f210550550c89f.gif

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

This may have been mentioned already. The English Premier League have capped the upper price for away tickets at £30, for any match. The last Aberdeen match, away to Hearts, the ticket price was £34. That is ridiculous.

Thing is, EPL teams don't need gate receipts for their income, since they get a ton from TV and other sources. SPFL teams rely on the gate income. It's easier for the EPL to cap the ticket price.

Edited by Aim Here

16 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Thing is, EPL teams don't need gate receipts for their income, since they get a ton from TV and other sources. SPFL teams rely on the gate income. It's easier for the EPL to cap the ticket price.

That is obviously the case, but it doesn't stop the fact that a Manchester United fan paying £30 to watch Liverpool v Manchester United and an Aberdeen fan paying £34 to watch Hearts v Aberdeen, is utterly ridiculous. 

• 2 weeks later...

In fact engineering a reasonably sized away following to cut to for reactions after the visitors score is part of making the game more attractive to broadcasters

That is obviously the case, but it doesn't stop the fact that a Manchester United fan paying £30 to watch Liverpool v Manchester United and an Aberdeen fan paying £34 to watch Hearts v Aberdeen, is utterly ridiculous. 

It’s not as ridiculous as Liverpool fans paying £30 for Arsenal vs Liverpool while Arsenal fans pay at least £64 for Arsenal vs Liverpool

3 hours ago, BenBo said:

Embarrassing when it comes to Celtic away ticket prices, silly wee clubs shoot them up  something daft

When Old Firm fans brag about the money they bring into the smaller clubs, can you blame the clubs for actually acting as though they mean it?

Edited by Aim Here

11 hours ago, BenBo said:

Embarrassing when it comes to Celtic away ticket prices, silly wee clubs shoot them up  something daft

We charge the equivalent price we get charged, without the restrictions in view obviously, so you get the best deal here.

Edited by tree house tam

• 2 months later...

Hearts haven’t dropped season ticket prices, beyond giving current ST holders a £50 discount as a make good for the cancelled matches.

Excluding discount most seats in the main stand and Wheatfield stand are £27.77 a match regardless of what league the team is in.

I would imagine it’s very likely away tickets at Hearts are still going to be £29 at least, even if we’re in the Championship.

4 hours ago, JCR said:

Hearts haven’t dropped season ticket prices, beyond giving current ST holders a £50 discount as a make good for the cancelled matches.

Excluding discount most seats in the main stand and Wheatfield stand are £27.77 a match regardless of what league the team is in.

I would imagine it’s very likely away tickets at Hearts are still going to be £29 at least, even if we’re in the Championship.

And you'll continue to break SPFL rules by closing half your away section for "maintenance" so fans have no option but to buy higher priced tickets.

All for the good of the Scottish game, obviously.