Away Ticket Pricing

55 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

What are we charging you this weekend?

Think we are £30. Checked the ticket there but the price isnt printed on the away tickets you guys give us for some reason. Have a note of it being £30 though, a £2 increase from last season.

2 hours ago, BC1888 said:

Saturday saw the continuation of our campaign to lower ticket prices for all fans across Scottish football. This time we took to our own stands to highlight some of the absurd prices fans had to pay and called on our club to "set the trend" when it comes to making ticket prices affordable and inclusive for everyone across the country. 

We will continue to protest our own club, other clubs and the SFA/SPFL at future games and call on the support of other clubs to join in and do the same. 

CP - 20.jpg

Can't believe I am writing this but well done to the Celtic fans for continuing to highlight this issue.    

The pricing this season is criminal. 

4 hours ago, BC1888 said:

Saturday saw the continuation of our campaign to lower ticket prices for all fans across Scottish football. This time we took to our own stands to highlight some of the absurd prices fans had to pay and called on our club to "set the trend" when it comes to making ticket prices affordable and inclusive for everyone across the country. 

We will continue to protest our own club, other clubs and the SFA/SPFL at future games and call on the support of other clubs to join in and do the same. 

Certainly needed to be done, your own club have shafted you for your trip to Rome. 

100 % Behind the campaign for cheaper ticket prices. But I've just one question. Why didn't you include the ticket prices for Celtic V Rangers games in the banner? I believe it was £52 for the game at Ibrox and I'm sure it will be the same for the return game. The last few years the cost has been £49 for those games. Which as a non season ticket holder I refuse to pay. At least when Celtic and Rangers play at Hampden the SFA and SPFL keep those prices much more reasonable. 

1 hour ago, atfccfc said:

100 % Behind the campaign for cheaper ticket prices. But I've just one question. Why didn't you include the ticket prices for Celtic V Rangers games in the banner? I believe it was £52 for the game at Ibrox and I'm sure it will be the same for the return game. The last few years the cost has been £49 for those games. Which as a non season ticket holder I refuse to pay. At least when Celtic and Rangers play at Hampden the SFA and SPFL keep those prices much more reasonable. 

A couple reasons for it. We are only in the infancy of the campaign and right now we felt the most important thing to focus on was gathering support from other clubs around Scotland. I think the last thing other fans would want to see is Celtic fans moaning about the prices of a derby which has been diluted by allocation cuts and ticket prices anyway as a starting point. 
For our display on Saturday as well we felt the games listed carried a bit more weight in shock factor, certainly finding out hamilton were being charged £29 to go to tynecastle and clubs were being charged 30-33(in some cases) to come to Celtic park was a shock to us and the fans around us on Saturday. 
It’s likely in the future individually we may do something against these prices, but for the mean time it’s a one off ticket price and doesn’t do anything to gather support from where we are looking for it.

Edited by BC1888

5 minutes ago, BC1888 said:

A couple reasons for it. We are only in the infancy of the campaign and right now we felt the most important thing to focus on was gathering support from other clubs around Scotland. I think the last thing other fans would want to see is Celtic fans moaning about the prices of a derby which has been diluted by allocation cuts and ticket prices anyway as a starting point. 
For our display on Saturday as well we felt the games listed carried a bit more weight in shock factor, certainly finding out hamilton were being charged £29 to go to tynecastle and clubs were being charged 30-33(in some cases) to come to Celtic park was a shock to us and the fans around us on Saturday. 
It’s likely in the future individually we may do something against these prices, but for the mean time it’s a one off ticket price and doesn’t do anything to gather support from where we are looking for it.

Thanks for that.

2 hours ago, BC1888 said:

Apart from the Rancid FC ticket allocation for games at Parkhead, how many seats are made usually available for away fans? How many away fans take up that full allocation? I guess that most clubs support would not fill the away end and that price is not the only reason this is the case, but would feature quite high on the list of reasons not to go. I agree that £25 to £30 plus is a rip off but I woul be pissed off if I had to pay £25 to go to see my team play at home and away fans paid £20. Something needs to be done but the economics of trying to keep a club like mine afloat dictate otherwise. At least we don't inflate prices for either yourselves or Rangers when they visit. Same price for all games home and away fans alike.

The "away" corner at Celtic Park holds approximately 1000, when teams such as Rangers, Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs visit they mostly sell it out and get the full area, the likes of Hamilton and St Johnstone to pick two random examples, no offence intended they will probably only bring a couple of hundred tops, in those situations the segregation line is moved a bit and some of those tickets go on general sale to home fans. 

A wiser approach from the protest organisers this week. Well done to them.

This is something on which we almost all agree and I'd be pleased to see other supports joining in to make it less of a tribal issue.

13 hours ago, Monkey socks said:

Apart from the Rancid FC ticket allocation for games at Parkhead, how many seats are made usually available for away fans? How many away fans take up that full allocation? I guess that most clubs support would not fill the away end and that price is not the only reason this is the case, but would feature quite high on the list of reasons not to go. I agree that £25 to £30 plus is a rip off but I woul be pissed off if I had to pay £25 to go to see my team play at home and away fans paid £20. Something needs to be done but the economics of trying to keep a club like mine afloat dictate otherwise. At least we don't inflate prices for either yourselves or Rangers when they visit. Same price for all games home and away fans alike.

Theres alot more to it than simply just putting prices down, we do understand that. And we also understand clubs price their tickets as part of their income and thats when the campaign at points will point the finger and ask the question of the SFA/SPFL and not of the clubs. Should we continue to pay the price and help clubs make a profit because the people in charge of our game can't do their job and sell the game properly?

You may well be right in saying there is other reasons, but you have to assume lower prices/student prices even family tickets will entice more to make a day of it. IT is daft to say but the price increases and individual prices could be the difference between getting the wains a programme and a pie etc. I read a tweet yesterday from a St Mirren fan who has to put out £81 in the space of 8 days for tickets with Killie, Celtic and Hearts all away. Thats completely unsustainable and there has to be a way clubs can make the games affordable for fans and not affect their income. 

15 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

The "away" corner at Celtic Park holds approximately 1000, when teams such as Rangers, Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs visit they mostly sell it out and get the full area, the likes of Hamilton and St Johnstone to pick two random examples, no offence intended they will probably only bring a couple of hundred tops, in those situations the segregation line is moved a bit and some of those tickets go on general sale to home fans. 

Which is fair enough.

This whole "can't sell the game properly" thread keeps creeping in to the discussion, and I'm not entirely sure what is meant by it.

In terms of TV rights, the SPFL punted it around everyone for the recent deal and eventually settled on Sky for what is a record-breaking deal for Scottish football. Of course it's going to be much less than the big nations. We also have the problem that we are a secondary product in our own country, something that the Scottish football authorities have no power over, aside from deciding to campaign for Scottish independence.

Image may contain: stadium and outdoor

This was before kick off at Tannadice on Saturday. Prices were £24 for away fans. We ended up only taking 569. Usually we'd take closer to 1000, although it has to be noted that our poor start affected the support as well.

Still, £24 is mental. They only had 2 turnstiles open as well, meaning loads of fans didn't make the kick off (thus the sparse looking section in the photo) including me, and I was outside just before 15.50 yet didn't get in until just after the first goal was scored (9th minute). So shite prices and shite service.

I only paid £11 mind as I got a concession ticket.

Edited by DA Baracus

On ‎17‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 17:05, BC1888 said:

Have you not been paying attention?

This is nothing to do with Celtic being charged whatever for going to away games, and had you bothered to read any of this thread, or the post you replied to, you would have noticed that. This isnt a single club issue, and if you were able to remove the chip off your shoulder you might notice that. 

Lets take Celtic out of the equation altogether. Should Hamilton be paying £29 to go to tynecastle? Should St Johnstone be paying £25 to go to the Tony Macaroni arena, and again £26 for Pittodrie? 

The fact of the matter is, that clubs are increasing their price season after season (in our own case, roughly £2 per season) because our League are unable to bring in enough interest in our game and sell a decent TV and league sponsorship deal. If your happy to sit by and watch ticket prices rise season after season because a section of fans broke a few hundred flimsy pieces of plastic and youre still upset about it, be my guest. But regardless, football fans in this country are having the piss taken out of them, and clubs (i cannot stress this enough, INCLUDING MY OWN) are pricing fans out of attending games. 

If my club can easily sell out tickets to Old Firm fans why would they want to reduce the price?  It's the penalty Old Firm fans pay for choosing to follow a successful team. Their fans are much more likely to be leaving the ground having enjoyed the experience, than the rest of us.

However  £29.00 for the likes of Hamilton supporters is a disgrace. £20.00 would seem a fairer price for the smallest top league teams.  Away ticket pricing should be based on demand.