Rovers v Falkirk

Hank Scorpio

Here are this week's highlights.

Excellent work. Production values upped yet again. That alternative angle on the first penalty really clears up any ambiguity. Or, as it's described by the boy on FalkirkTV, "the weakest penalty I've ever seen".

Ref got all three penalties spot on. Had a very good game all around, actually.

Both the Raith penalties were as clear as you'll see, despite what the zoomers on Falkirk TV have to say about them.

At the time I thought they were penalties but after watching it on the Raith highlights I didn’t think the first was, and the second, whilst technically correct, was soft.

It goes to show just how subjective the game is.

Did not change the fact that Raith deserved to win comfortably though....

I don't think Falkirk were horrendous. They passed the ball about quite well at times and created a few chances. However, clear to see where the issues are. Zero intensity in the areas that actually mattered and when it became clear Rovers were happy for them to have the ball they ran out of ideas.

We weren't superb by any means, but worked incredibly hard and defended very well whilst always looking dangerous up top. In essence, we did to Falkirk what teams did to us last season.

Hendry, again, absolutely ran the show. Thought before the season he could be the best player in the league and haven't seen anything yet to suggest otherwise. 

My only criticism is that it shouldn't take a defeat to spark that reaction. We should see that level of application every week. 

Edited by CALDERON

42 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Excellent work. Production values upped yet again. That alternative angle on the first penalty really clears up any ambiguity. Or, as it's described by the boy on FalkirkTV, "the weakest penalty I've ever seen".

Thanks, one of the guys did a great job in getting our old camera working again and we had a bit more numbers in the camera operator department so decided to put it to good use. Takes a bit longer to edit but will try to offer the extra angles when we can.

Just watched highlights(excellent BTW)and think the ref was spot on with all 3 pens.Anywhere outside the box they,re  free kicks

Great to see Vaughan back on the pitch after an horrendous run of injuries.Think keeping him injury free along with Hendry will be key on how our seasons pans out.Kick in the stanes to see Bowie injured and hopefully not too serious

Edited by Rovers_Lad

9 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

One complaint was the double yellow...should have been a single yellow or a yellow and a red.  Telfer was doing all the grabbing and Hendry looked to be trying to get away, seems like Hendry got jobbed there (although I’m open to other inputs from anyone who saw it better...but it was midfield, so the RaithTV feed was pretty clear. Otherwise, very little to complain about the ref, the calls seemed pretty fair overall. Well above the usual League One refereeing standard these days.

12 hours ago, TxRover said:

One complaint was the double yellow...should have been a single yellow or a yellow and a red.  Telfer was doing all the grabbing and Hendry looked to be trying to get away, seems like Hendry got jobbed there (although I’m open to other inputs from anyone who saw it better...but it was midfield, so the RaithTV feed was pretty clear. Otherwise, very little to complain about the ref, the calls seemed pretty fair overall. Well above the usual League One refereeing standard these days.

Both penalties down at our end were stone wallers, didn't have the best view of your second penalty so can't really comment. Both Telfer and Hendry got the booking they deserved, nothing more, nothing less. Don't normally rate Aitken but thought he done everything right, maybe on the soft side if I had to make a complaint. 

4 hours ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Both penalties down at our end were stone wallers, didn't have the best view of your second penalty so can't really comment. Both Telfer and Hendry got the booking they deserved, nothing more, nothing less. Don't normally rate Aitken but thought he done everything right, maybe on the soft side if I had to make a complaint. 

See the source image