Forfar v East Fife

10 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

East Fife look like a very decent team this season.

The less said about us today the better....

We were dreadful, 2-1 flatters us massively. Again relying way too much on goalkeeper and defence, other than Hilson not a thing going forward.

We were dreadful, 2-1 flatters us massively. Again relying way too much on goalkeeper and defence, other than Hilson not a thing going forward.

Your goalkeeper was tremendous today and was the only reason you weren’t getting your arses felt at halftime!!!

Was also impressed with him near the end of the game when he was still shouting at and cajoling his defence when some heads had obviously went down!!!

Very impressed with him!!!

4 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Huge fan of Tapping, but him getting booked in the first half of every game is an issue

Said that myself, we are getting over run in the middle and him constantly being on a booking is not helping. Half time we should have withdrawn one of the wide men and brought on Docherty or Robertson to try and get some control in there. Really unimpressed with Weir’s leave it as it is approach because it was clear as day that we were not competing.

No complaints, EF provided far more threat up front.

Yep. No creativity from the midfield going forward (Tapping walking through the game) and the defence having to work harder because the same midfield not being the first line of defence, Gary Irvine excepted.
My take on it anyway.

Very frustrating, we started the season looking good now it's no longer working. The midfield was AWOL. We have a dearth of talent throughout the team but they're not operating as a team just now. I still have faith in Jim to sort it out but along with the rest of the natives I'm getting restless.

Fair play to East Fife, a straightforward and much deserved win, only 2-1 because of McCallum. Not a dynamic team but very much a unit that got the job done. I can see you guys being top of the league for a while, well done.

Guest bernardblack

McCallum had yet another outstanding game. Weir will fix this, unsure what needs to be done but he will sort it.

Hopefully East Fife can run Raith/Falkirk close for the title

McCallum's performance outstanding and another fine defensive showing. Concerns about Burns continue although nearly gifting a goal at the start of the second half seemed to waken him up. Tapping needs to watch his tackles and his 20 yard run back to give away a corner was laughable. Currie still seems unsettled so where are the goals going to come from? Hilson's work rate is phenomenal. And Forbes, ah Ross Forbes. Meechan great again. I don't get JW's 70 minute change around. Either this is all going to click into place or we're heading for a thrashing.

We were piss poor yet again today, East Fife looked hungrier, quicker and just generally up for it.

Goals...we don't appear to have goals in this team atm, the new guy doesn't have the same work rate or hunger as Hilson and Jacko is struggling

Something has to change quickly just like the sticky patch of last year, here's hoping it happens  soon.

Who’s getting married next week?

If it gets us a 6-0 win against Dumbarton the following week, I’ll fucking marry you this Saturday!!!