Forfar v East Fife

Well this is a big game is it not???

A win and either team goes top, even a draw would do us (but a win would be better), we’re on form, 8 goals in the last two games and all that, Forfar held at home on Saturday with a rather shot-shy performance by all accounts!!!

These games are usually pretty close over the season, but with the way we are playing at the moment, I’m really hopeful of coming away with the three points, although I’m sure the Forfar fans will see Sparky putting in his best performance of the season, trying like a bear to get it right up us, can also see him grabbing the ball if they get a penalty, the worry being that they now have RC19 on hand for the inevitable rebound!!!

Anyway fully expect the same starting 11 as the past few weeks and for Aggy to serve up his usual masterclass that he always serves up at Station Park, I honestly can see us winning this and I don’t usually predict in these games but then again my blood/alcohol level might still be knackered after Saturday there!!!

Edited by BTW as I fucked up an attempt at merging threads... 

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

25 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Anything can happen in this one, we look stronger than last year but Forfar's midfield really is really strong. Not making a prediction for this one! I'd imagine we'll have the same line up  as Saturday too. 

The Forfar defence is playing really well as a unit. The attacking midfield is shaping up well. Kirkpatrick will prove a handful as will Hilson. All we need now is Jackson to hit goalscoring form but interesting to see if JW plays Currie from the start.

Agree that it should be a cracker of a game. No prediction either.

Well, Saturday sees free-scoring East Fife, up against the meanest defence in Scotland. Will you cope with our 'six-pronged' attack? (there's a rarely used phrase in Scottish football). Anyway, looking for us to be a couple of goals up by the 70th minute, before RC19 enters the fray with his inevitable goal off the bench. Must be Murdoch, Dunlop or Slattery's turn to score this week? 'Mon the Fife. 

We must approach this game with caution and not get our hopes up! Raiths defence was abysmal on Sat and Forfar will without doubt give us a better game! Confidence is high (understandable) but the amount of times I've seen East Fife follow up a brilliant win with a defeat the following game means I'd happily take a point! I don't mean to be negative but this game can go either way imo and Forfar will be hoping for an improvement on their last game. 3.0 East Fife

This is a huge game for both teams here I would happily take a point off the back of a Derby win.

I am shocked to see RC19 return to the same league where he had two loans spells with us he's ended up at station park and by all means Forfar ain't a push over so I'm hoping the same standards are kept from the two FT clubs we can kick on in this league. These games folk will usually predict the 5-4 verdict so I'm going 2-1 to the Fife...Wallace and Denholm! Surely it's time to shine from the bench with  Hilson for the loons.

We must approach this game with caution and not get our hopes up! Raiths defence was abysmal on Sat and Forfar will without doubt give us a better game! Confidence is high (understandable) but the amount of times I've seen East Fife follow up a brilliant win with a defeat the following game means I'd happily take a point! I don't mean to be negative but this game can go either way imo and Forfar will be hoping for an improvement on their last game. 3.0 East Fife

Actually feel confident- we are a team that are masterly on going on long runs good and bad!

Hopefully the club can do me a favour and win on my wedding day.
Probably more nervous for this than my actual wedding [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I take it you’ll still be at the game???
Priorities min!!!