Scotland v Russia (Match Thread)

George Parr

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Russia were a kick away from the World Cup Semis last year, we lost 3-0 to Kazakhstan. 

I know what I'm watching, I've no fucking clue what folk think they're watching though, if they're genuinely raging that Russia are clearly better at football. Its not exactly a shocking thing to discover/something you'll only have realised tonight.

Away give us all piece ya clown.

Russia were a kick away from the World Cup Semis last year, we lost 3-0 to Kazakhstan. 
I know what I'm watching, I've no fucking clue what folk think they're watching though, if they're genuinely raging that Russia are clearly better at football. Its not exactly a shocking thing to discover/something you'll only have realised tonight.
Again you don't fucking read.

Everyone is compiling that we have lost a very soft goal - what part of that do you disagree with?

Do you think that stand off and lump it up the park is the tactics we should be using?

Just now, Rjc-1988 said:

Have we honestly got nobody better than O Donnell for RB?

Our midfield is overrun - McTominay, McGregor, McGinn (before he was subbed) chasing shadows.

At this rate we may as well be giving Nicky fucking Devlin a chance :D 

4 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Everyone moaning about O'Donnell when we know he's only in the team because we have no one else.

Agreed, same could be said for the centre backs too. Was the same with the last mainstay right back as well (Hutton).  Hopefully Tierney comes back from injury soon however to replace him.

Edited by gannonball

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I expected Russia to be better than us.  That does not excuse how shite we are.  We can't even pass a ball between two players at times

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Your diddy St Johnstone fermer mentality is showing. M2.png.973b8fa4f938546443e8b1533660008c.png

We had them looking mince in the first ten minutes. Got our goal and then sat off and invited them onto us.

They might've still gone on to outclass us, but we made it so much easier for them.

Edited by HibsFan

People said Christie gives the ball away too much but at least he tries to get on the ball and make stuff happen. McGinn, McTominay and McGregor have all typified that Scottish mentality of being afraid to even get on the ball. 

At least McLean demands it off the defence and tries to play out. Something we've lacked all game

1 minute ago, Dindeleux said:

I don't blame O'Donnell for the goal (although clearly I am biased) because he was bombing up to give us width when Fraser lost the ball.  

😂 Fraser had the ball at the halfway mark, on the touchline, O'Donnell was on the opposing touchline, about 20 yards further forward.

It's just stupid.

1 minute ago, killie_lad said:
2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Russia are pretty good but I think you're underestimating just how shite we've been

Not at all, I just not surprised that a team who's barely getting a touch against superior opponents is struggling to get rhythm when they do get the ball, as it happens in almost every mismatched football game going.

He's the new Darren Fletcher, a donkey ball winner for creative players...but must be picked because he plays for Man U

I still would have had him off before McGinn as well but that’s just how well mcginn was playing for once. McTominay has been decent tonight.

Just now, JamieStevenson said:

Mulgrew masterclass incoming.

Lets hope its not a masterclass on parenting skills.