Scotland v Russia (Match Thread)

George Parr

Marshall

O'Donnell Cooper Mulgrew Robertson 

McGinn McTominay McGregor

Fraser Christie Forrest

Let that front three interchange, Christie can drop deeper if we want a 4 man midfield defensively and it means your midfield is narrow enough that there's space for Robertson to go beyond. Forrest is disciplined tracking back which should allow Robertson a bit more freedom. There's pace in that team and everyone in it is comfortable on the ball.

12 hours ago, Tartantony said:

Anyone know any decent pubs near the stadium? I usually drink in the City Centre then get a taxi over but can't be arsed with the hassle and want to be over earlier.

I usually find any pub within a mile of Hampden is absolutely rammed and not enjoyable. Think your best bet is city centre then bus or a taxi.

Anyone know any decent pubs near the stadium? I usually drink in the City Centre then get a taxi over but can't be arsed with the hassle and want to be over earlier.

Depending on how far you're willing to walk at the other side, Armstrongs or the Church on the Hill are good shouts. If you're early then The Clockwork is decent.

Montford House is normally good for a wee sing song before the game and is pretty cheap.  Depends what you mean by decent though :D

Marshall
Fraser Christie Forrest

Let that front three interchange, Christie can drop deeper if we want a 4 man midfield defensively and it means your midfield is narrow enough that there's space for Robertson to go beyond. Forrest is disciplined tracking back which should allow Robertson a bit more freedom. There's pace in that team and everyone in it is comfortable on the ball.
There's no point playing Fraser and Robertson if there's no one to feed off their crosses.

3 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

There's no point playing Fraser and Robertson if there's no one to feed off their crosses.

Straight out the book of Levein, that line-up. McBurnie should be starting. Playing with attacking wingers and no out and out strikers is just simply madness. 

Marshall
Fraser Christie Forrest

Forrest plays on the right for Celtic and Fraser on the left for Bournemouth.

Why swap them about?

Marshall  

O’Donnell

Cooper

Mulgrew

Robertson

McTominay

McGregor

Christie

Fraser

Forrest

Phillips

Makes sense to have a focal point like Phillips up front for speed merchants Forrest & Fraser to play of and over lap. Done well enough in the role in Hungary for me to suggest he’s the best option. 

2-2 draw.

13 hours ago, Tartantony said:

100 Acre on Curtis Avenue is where I usually go before Hampden.

32 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:
Marshall
Fraser Christie Forrest

Sorry, I forgot that Robertson has only been effective at Liverpool since they signed Jan Koller.

It's not ideal but that's when the last train is, it's known and can be checked in advance.

There's a public service bus which leaves Glasgow later than that, or you can go to Stirling and get a bus from there. Alternatively get on a supporters' bus from up North.

Games are much better on a Saturday at 3pm but unfortunately UEFA/FIFA are chasing TV money.