Scotland v Russia (Match Thread)

George Parr

17 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Who was the last when it mattered win against decent opposition

Would you count Slovakia? Reckon that's the biggest win I've been to at Hampden - think they only marginally missed out on pot 1.

Guest DAVIDB69
Would you count Slovakia? Reckon that's the biggest win I've been to at Hampden - think they only marginally missed out on pot 1.

Yes I would agree with around our or a bit better level

15 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Did anybody see Killie under Steve Clarke?

No chance we are going for it. We'll sit, try make ourselves solid and hit on the counter.

We have no defence and look toothless in the number 9 department.

I think for the first half we will anyway, but we need a win here. If we get to an hour gone and don't look like scoring he'll need to do something.

This'll be my 13th Scotland home game. Record so far is 12 wins and 1 draw (the Poland one that knocked us out). Hopefully my record continues. I believe we have enough to beat a Russian side who have lost most of their best players from the World Cup.

1-0, Christie scores.

This'll be my 13th Scotland home game. Record so far is 12 wins and 1 draw (the Poland one that knocked us out). Hopefully my record continues. I believe we have enough to beat a Russian side who have lost most of their best players from the World Cup.

1-0, Christie scores.

Your record of seeing us get knocked out?

50 minutes ago, QwaarJet said:

1-0, Christie scores.

Only been to a few Scotland games but will be there tomorrow and also haven't seen us lose, even including Livingston and when I've been to watch Hearts there with my old man, I haven't been in the 'losing end'.

Scotland 1-0 Georgia
Scotland 1-0 Norn Iron
Scotland 2-2 Poland
Scotland 1-0 Slovakia

If there's a pattern we'll win 1-0 but we'll probably take a 3-0 pumping now that it's been pointed out.

12 minutes ago, Skinheed said:

35,000 tickets have been sold for the game while there'll be over 50,000 at Murrayfield for a less important fixture, changed days indeed.

These damned Tories all meeting up to grieve the loss of Ruth.

5 hours ago, QwaarJet said:

1-0, Christie scores.

Well that’s us losing tomorrow night confirmed. 

Scotland to get a result tonight that isn’t L for Loser?

If not, can they at least do that Scottish trick of winning against Belgium to offer a glimpse of hope, even though that hope will ultimately come to nothing?