Dunfermline Athletic vs Inverness Caledonian Thistle

As for the doings under Crawford, the most recent home game against United should have been the worst. A minor miracle we kept that to just 2.

Crawford's league record in full:

Pl: 20 W: 5 D; 4 L: 11 or 19/60 points available.

If he wasn't a former player then he would have already been hounded out of the club, rightly or wrongly. He's now had the exact same amount of league games as John Potter, who actually accrued more points. I understand that was at a lower level but Potter is widely regarded as our worst manager ever and that was the worst season in decades.

I really, really want this to be a success. Atmosphere at the Dundee and Celtic games showed you the fans are ready to get right behind Crawford and the squad but they have to give something back. I'm really not seeing things moving forward and he's running out of time.

9 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

As for the doings under Crawford, the most recent home game against United should have been the worst. A minor miracle we kept that to just 2.

Crawford's league record in full:

Pl: 20 W: 5 D; 4 L: 11 or 19/60 points available.

If he wasn't a former player then he would have already been hounded out of the club, rightly or wrongly. He's now had the exact same amount of league games as John Potter, who actually accrued more points. I understand that was at a lower level but Potter is widely regarded as our worst manager ever and that was the worst season in decades.

I really, really want this to be a success. Atmosphere at the Dundee and Celtic games showed you the fans are ready to get right behind Crawford and the squad but they have to give something back. I'm really not seeing things moving forward and he's running out of time.

I don’t think potter is regarded as our worse manager in decades, that’s a massive exaggeration that ignores the likes of kenny and hay.  

On crawford, maybe I’m in a minority but I’m happy to leave last season behind, not his players, off-field issues and a good run that most thought had us safe(albeit not as comfortable as it initially looked).  I think those work far more in his favour than his status as a player.

With his own squad, changes In background staff etc this is fully on him.  Betfred cup- reasonable.  Biscuit cup-100% irrelevant. League campaign, Dundee good,  queens -meh Dundee united - not good but defeat expected, Arbroath shite.

I said after the united game we were in a run of games where our true performance should be judged,  he’s lost the first of those but I’m more than willing to see how the rest go. 

45 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I don’t think potter is regarded as our worse manager in decades, that’s a massive exaggeration that ignores the likes of kenny and hay. 

He won 5 out of 20 in League One. I like John Potter but he was absolutely abysmal in charge and I'd say it's lunacy to even suggest Hay or Kenny could be worse.

As for just scrubbing out last season; that only works if things change. Last two games have been just been more of the exact same shite we saw last season, just with a different cast of characters on the pitch.

Also, the five-match winning run was cancelled out by the five-match losing run IMO.

36 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Surely not many have worse records than Jefferies? Relegated twice, failed promotion twice including the Cowdenbeath game. 

Certainly didn't do a good job but mitigating circumstances with both relegations; he was hired just a handful of games before the split and would have seen as a miracle worker if he'd kept us and the next season we were doing well before the finances crumbled. We would have been nowhere near the drop without the points deduction and JJ worked without getting paid, if I remember correctly.

First season in League One would have been seen as an unqualified success if we'd beaten Cowden that day. Was very bad luck to be in that league the same year as Rangers, so we were never going to be near the title. The Cowden game was incredibly brutal though and one of the worst results in our history. Unforgivable.

We didn't recover from that and JJ should have packed it in after failing to get promotion. Then Potter took over a team nearing rock bottom and started to plunge through the Earth. We'd have been in danger of League Two if he'd been given the full season as planned.

JJ was nowhere near our best bosses but in my time supporting the Pars, he'd be ahead of Potter, Hay, Kenny and Crawford (so far)

Potter was the worst of the lot and anyone who saw or remembered the football we didn't play would say the same. Absolute horse dung that really would have seen us in League Two if he'd taken over earlier. JJ left at the wrong time, completely wrong time be it too late, or too early.

Unless it's been in a cup competition we've had a pretty rank record at EEP. I'm hopeful that we can repeat last seasons 3 - 0 thumping but equally I am also a bit concerned that we might choke a little and end up losing 1 - 0 to a scrappy Danny Devine 3 yard trundler after failing to clear a corner.

Potter was the worst of the lot and anyone who saw or remembered the football we didn't play would say the same. Absolute horse dung that really would have seen us in League Two if he'd taken over earlier. JJ left at the wrong time, completely wrong time be it too late, or too early.

I didn’t see that many games under Potter but I went to Brechin for a midweek game in the March. It finished 1-1 and in terms of quality from both teams, was probably the most hideous football match I’ve ever seen.

Jim Paterson spent the entire game in direct competition with himself to see how many balls he could get over the hedge.

30 minutes ago, smpar said:

I didn’t see that many games under Potter but I went to Brechin for a midweek game in the March. It finished 1-1 and in terms of quality from both teams, was probably the most hideous football match I’ve ever seen.

Jim Paterson spent the entire game in direct competition with himself to see how many balls he could get over the hedge.

That's one game that always stands out for me. Wee Josh scored after 15 seconds and after that, It was the Robert Thomson show. We shelled balls up in the general direction of Barrowman who, when he did win a header, had no support within 50 miles. Hopkirk came on and was a spark but it was ghastly stuff. 

Fucking freezing too, I had a lift back to Aberdeen and didn't thaw out properly until Stonehaven. Stood at full time shouting at Potter for what felt like 5 minutes, was in reality about 20 seconds mainly because I was so cold and miserable. 

19 minutes ago, RiG said:

Are Dunfermline still refusing to let away fans in Charlie D's and Legends?

Don't think they're refusing to, it's more of a bizarre H&S/police thing, which is utter craziness. 

Crawfords games last season were some of the worst games I've ever seen.
To see that your team has no idea what to do after ten minutes is ridiculous.
The dundee and Celtic games showed promise but it seems like we've regressed back to hoofball rubbish and also a shambles at the back.
I do believe that we have signed some real young talent but we are lacking the three or four journeyman type players that all the top sides need.
I think we are actually worse than last season but this time we have nobody to pull the side out of a hole.
Ashcroft scully paton are all making massive errors all the time. It's a total mess. Relegation looming imo

Can't recall Paton making any glaring errors tbh, but he is playing a role that is leaving us absolutely barren in the middle of the park and we're losing the midfield battles and 2nd balls constant. Ashcroft and Scully are another couple of players that should have been replaced at the beginning of the season. Absolutely hopeless.

I sort of agree with your 'journeyman' analogy, but not just any old player, decent ones. Paton has been signed to fit that sort of description, and he is just not very good at all. 

I would have liked us to get Anderson from St. Johnstone, but he's ended up at the Wee Team. Surprised at that. 

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Don't think they're refusing to, it's more of a bizarre H&S/police thing, which is utter craziness. 

Shame. There was a good number of us in before the 5 - 1 thumping at the start of 17/18 and it was good crack mixing with the home support.

Are Dunfermline still refusing to let away fans in Charlie D's and Legends?

Hide the football colour and teuchter accent and you’ll be fine. I’ve never been checked for a ticket or any other ‘proof’ I’m a home fan.